Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute - Chennai
About Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (SRIHER), formerly Sri Ramachandra University (SRU), originally Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute (SRMC & RI), is a private educational and research institute in Porur, Chennai, India. With almost 6000 students, SRIHER is made up of nine-member colleges and faculties. N. P. V. Ramasamy Udayar established Sri Ramachandra Education & Health Trust on September 11, 1985. It began as a medical school and received deemed-to-be university status in September 1994. The four-and-a-half-year M.B.B.S. programme includes a one-year mandatory rotating internship. There are 250 places available, and the NEET UG test is used to fill them.
: 5+1 Years
: 50% Marks in PCB, NEET Qualified
Faculty / Department
Accommodation in Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute
The below mentioned facilities of accommodation and mess for their students:
- The University is a dynamic and colorful campus with a youthful vibe. The campus is alive with student life and activity, with unusually well-appointed student accommodation, groomed lawns, playgrounds, gymnasiums, and eateries.
- The student housing is safe and well-managed. Learning is enhanced with designated study areas, air-conditioned classrooms, and small-group discussion places.
- The multidisciplinary educational experience is enhanced by the participation of students and postgraduates from many health-care fields.
- Exchange students from leading colleges throughout the world give student life a global flavor.
- Aside from class, the schedule is jam-packed with social gatherings, annual cultural, literary, fine art, and sports events.
- The campus is meant to provide students with a safe and attractive setting in which to pursue their chosen careers with the best possible support.
- There are separate hostels for both male and female students, with a total of 3608 rooms. Single rooms are offered on campus for undergraduate and postgraduate students studying medicine and other fields.
- The campus has a constant supply of soft water and electricity.
- The aisles of trees and green plants provide a resort-like atmosphere that is ideal for enjoyable learning and tranquil living on campus.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute Highlights
- SRU is the first medical university in India to have a GLP-certified animal facility (CEFT).
- The state-of-the-art facilities for toxicological, genetic toxicology, pharmacology, behavioral, clinical, and anatomic pathology evaluation span 23,000 square feet.
- Biometric access system for access control
- With a 55:45 percent air recycle ratio filtered through a 5-micron HEPA filter and 12 – 15 air exchanges per hour, double corridor systems fall under the Animal Bio Safety Level II (ABSL II) category.
- Two 1000 KVA generators ensure a continuous electric supply.
- The environment (temperature, humidity, pressure, illumination, and noise levels) are all centrally controlled, monitored, and recorded.
- Feed, water, and bedding material are tested by a third party on a regular basis.
- To assure the protection of the records, animals, and employees, a comprehensive disaster management approach has been implemented.
- Pest management, garbage disposal, and fire safety measures are also standard.
- Separate quarantine rooms for various species such as rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, and mice, as well as individual rooms for conducting studies.
- For SPF and immune-compromised animals, an individually ventilated caging system (IVC) is used.
- Non-GLP area dedicated to discovery and experimental experiments, including surgery and behavioral procedures
- Surgical Suite for Small Animals
- A ceiling-mounted shadow-free Operation theatre lamp with a 70,000-lux capacity is installed in the suite.
- On a hydraulic operation table, a homoeothermic rodent operation board is placed.
- An inhalant anesthetic system with a specific purpose.
- With all micro-surgical, a head-mounted operating cope, ICU, ECG, and suction unit are included.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute Fee Structure 2021-22
Fee Per Annum in ₹
All India Counselling Fee ₹
Management Fee ₹
NRI Fee ₹
Hostel Fee ₹
Similar Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute - Gallery
MBBS Admission Process in Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute
Documents required for MBBS Admission in Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute
- NEET Admit card
- NEET Result Letter
- Birth Certificate
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Aadhaar card Compulsory
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Community certificate (if necessary)
- Migration certificate
- NRI Document (as per NRI Procedure)
- 10 Recent passport size photographs
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute Address
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute
1, Mount Poonamallee Rd,
Tamil Nadu 600116
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute - FAQs
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research is one of Tamil Nadu's most famous medical schools. Furthermore, among all medical colleges in India, this Deemed University is ranked 10th.
Admission to MD/MS programmes will be determined by MCC and DGHS counselling, which will be based on the NEET PG exam administered by NBE. MCC, DGHS will conduct counselling for admission to DM/MCh programmes based on the NEET SS examination held by NBE.
The medium of teaching of Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute is English, which is a global language.
"Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research – Founder Chancellor Merit-cum-Means Scholarship" would be the name of the scholarship programme. Only students who have completed their first year of university (annual or semester) examinations are eligible.
Admission Procedure for Studying MBBS in Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute mentioned above for More Details Contact: +91 9962327888.
The Medical Council of India has recognized Sri Ramachandra Medical University and Research Institute for MBBS, Ph.D., and all UG/PG courses.