Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences - Kanyakumari
About Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) is one of South India’s newest medical teaching institutes.
The Institute is in its 9th year of producing future medical minds in the country, admitting 100 students for MBBS every year from all across India and overseas. The institute, which is led by the saintly surgeon Dr. C.K. Velayudhan Nair, provides an unrivalled environment for prospective medical students to pursue high-quality medical education.
The institute has it all to meet the needs of the 21st Century Medical Student, whether it’s world-class infrastructure, the presence of the best medical lecturers in the country, or the availability of limitless learning resources.
The Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Science and Hospital campus, built in a 73-acre magnificently manicured complex against the backdrop of the Western Ghats hills, offers a rare combination of vibrant city life and nature.
: 5+1 Years
: 50% Marks in PCB, NEET Qualified
Faculty / Department
Accommodation in Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences
The below mentioned facilities of accommodation and mess for their students:
- On campus, there are six hostels, three of which are dedicated to female UG students, CRRI students, and postgraduates.
- Similarly, there are three dorms for male students, each of which is supervised by a warden and an individual caretaker.
- There are 676 rooms for undergraduates, 93 rooms for graduate students, and 106 rooms for interns.
- The rooms are single occupancy, have a cot, cupboard, table, and chair, and are equipped with a toilet/bath.
- For hostel students, there is a separate buffet mess with a fully automated hygienic kitchen, as well as continuous water supply with a reverse osmosis water treatment plant, 24-hour electricity with generator back-up, a separate television viewing hall, and a reading room with all leading newspapers and periodicals.
- Additional amenities include a telephone booth, an indoor games hall, a well-equipped gymnasium, and expansive playgrounds.
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Highlights
- The 60,000-square-foot air-conditioned theatre has a huge stage and seats for 2500 people. Cultural events, annual days, meetings, CMEs, conferences, and inter-college events are held here, which is shared by all of the institutions on campus.
- On campus, there is a City Union Bank facility with an ATM for students and professors, which allows for convenient access to money and quick bank transactions.
- On campus, there is a huge canteen for workers and students that seats 500 people at a time and is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The 2000-square-foot library is built with plenty of natural light and a relaxing environment to encourage individual and group study as well as recreational reading.
- For the development of well-balanced, young medical graduates, both indoor and outdoor games are promoted. There is a large gymnasium with a well-trained fitness teacher.
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Fee Structure 2021-22
Fee Per Annum in ₹
Government Fee ₹
Management Fee ₹
NRI Fee ₹
Hostel Fee ₹
Similar Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences - Gallery
MBBS Admission Process in Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences
Documents required for MBBS Admission in Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences
- NEET Admit card
- NEET Result Letter
- Birth Certificate
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Aadhaar card Compulsory
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Community certificate (if necessary)
- Migration certificate
- NRI Document (as per NRI Procedure)
- 10 Recent passport size photographs
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Address
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences
Tamil Nadu 629161
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences - FAQs
It's a nice college with a reasonably good patient influx as long as you behave well and perform well in your courses. This college has a good ratio of highly educated and well-trained faculty.
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) is one of South India's newest medical teaching institutes, offering an English-only MBBS programme.
Scholarships based on merit are available for qualified students.
Admission Procedure for Studying MBBS in Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences mentioned above for More Details Contact: +91 9962327888.
The National Medical Commission (NMC), formerly known as the Medical Council of India, has approved Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Science (MCI).