Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy - Romania
About Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy
The “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, was first founded as a modest faculty, part of the initial Western University, following the Decree-Law No. 660, issued and signed by His Majesty King Michael I of Romania, on 30th December 1944; the inauguration of the new faculty took place on 15 July 1945. During the first three months, teaching consisted only in lectures, namely: anatomy, physiology, chemistry, lectures that were held in the auditorium and classrooms of the Students’ Union, on King Charles Boulevard (the former “Notre Dame” Secondary School). An important change in the course of the medical educational process occurred in October 1945, when the faculty was given its current residence; the “Banatia” building (1936), that previously belonged to the “Banatia” Foundation of the Catholic Church.
Clinical training started initially in four hospitals, while today students are being trained in more than twenty-five teaching hospitals located in twelve buildings. Since then, more than 25,000 students have graduated from the Timisoara medical school, including a fair number of foreign students from all over the world.
The “Victor Babeş” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara has three faculties, which in turn have several sub-specializations: the Faculty of Medicine (Medicine, Registered nurses, physiotherapy and recuperation, Radiology and imaging, Nutrition and Dietetics), the Faculty of Dental Medicine (Dental Medicine, Dental Technique, Registered nurses in dentistry), the Faculty of Pharmacy (Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical assistants).
At present, the “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, with a past that recommends it as one of the most prestigious institutions of higher education, is also the warrant of further valuable results both in training future generations of physicians, pharmacists or dental surgeons, and in offering medical assistance to the community.
: WHO and NMC
: 5+1 Years
: 50% Marks in PCB, NEET Qualified
Faculty / Department
Accommodation in Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy
The below mentioned facilities of accommodation and mess for their students:
- Victor Babes University offers student hostels, but acceptance is often hard, as priority is given to Romanian citizens.
- Most international students rent apartments because of the affordability in terms of prices. For example, a single bedroom flat will cost you between €200 – €300 per month, which compared to other countries in Europe below average.
- additional living costs amount to around €400 per month, depending on your spending habits.
- For spending free time, Timisoara offers a broad range of recreational opportunities. The city has an active nightlife with concerts, clubs, theatres, cinemas, opera, and more.
- You will find several museums, art galleries, and also public parks available for sports activities, walking or relaxing.
Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy Highlights
- 25 teaching hospitals located in twelve buildings
- 2 laboratories of medical informatics
- Placement programs to best medical institutes
- Admission through competitive entrance exam
- Scope of doctoral and postgraduate medical studies
Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy Fee Structure 2021-22
Tution Fee $
Hostel Fee $
Total Fee $
Tution Fees and Hostel
Charges for 6 Years
Similar Medical Colleges in Romania
Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy - Gallery
MBBS Admission Process in Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Documents required for MBBS Admission in Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Certified document of high school transcripts
- Birth Certificate
- Transcript records
- Copy of document detailing about address
- Country of origin
- Certified scanned copy of Passport
- Medical certificate
- Six passports sized photos.
Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy Address
Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Piața Eftimie Murgu 2,
Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy - FAQs
With being ranked one of the top-most performing universities, the Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy admissions are very competitive but worthy as well.
Self-apply or apply via agents. In either way, applicants should apply through “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara school of International Education Online Application System for International Students”
This universities offer programs completely taught in English. There are also programs in other languages, like French and German.
Application for admission to Medical study at Victor Babeș University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timișoara, is by application file selection for Non EEA students, and application file selection and biology and chemistry multiple choice examination.
The Cost of studying undergraduate medical (medicine, Dentistry, pharmacy,etc.) in “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara 42 to 45 lacs(Approx.)
5,898 km Distance from India to Victor Babeş University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Yes, The excellent Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy world and country ranking, along with international accreditation from a different organization such as WHO, MCI, European Medical Association, Ministry of Education and Research in Romania.