Sofia Medical University - Bulgaria
About Sofia Medical University
The Medical University of Sofia, founded in 1917, is Bulgaria’s oldest Higher Medical Education Institution. Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health are the four faculties that make up the Medical University of Sofia. The Central Medical Library, the Medical College for paramedic education (social workers, X-ray technicians, assistant pharmacists, and dental technicians), and the Language Training and Sport Center are all located on campus. As clinical educational grounds, a total of 13 university hospitals are linked. Since its inception, more than 82,000 medical specialists have graduated, including 10,500 overseas students from over 80 countries.
The Medical University of Sofia’s main objectives include exceptional undergraduate, postgraduate, and health-care education. The university’s achievements in cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, ophthalmic surgery, high-tech diagnostics, cardio-vascular and inherited disease prevention programme, bone-marrow transplantation, and the development of new synthetic and natural compounds, among other fields, have earned it international acclaim.
Since 2000, when the Erasmus Programme opened for participation for Bulgaria as a pre-accession country in 1999, Medical University of Sofia has been exchanging students. During 140 Erasmus Inter-institutional Agreements have been inked with partner universities from 25 Programme countries and 8 Partner countries over the last 20 years.
: WHO and NMC
: 5+1 Years
: 50% Marks in PCB, NEET Qualified
Faculty / Department
Accommodation in Sofia Medical University
The below mentioned facilities of accommodation and mess for their students:
- Sofia Medical University offers complete furnished, safe and comfortable hostel rooms.
- The hostel offers hot and cold water and a centralized heating system for the students.
- The hostel also provides a common kitchen, so the students are free to cook anything they want to eat.
- The hostel has a restroom, storeroom, laundry room, guest room and study room for research.
- The hostel room also has furniture for comfort like home, washing machines for washing clothes and modern television for the entertainment of the students.
- The hostel premise is also equipped with security facilities round the clock.
- A gymnasium is equipped with the latest equipment for the personal development of the students while medicine education.
- The candidates at the hostel area are under high protection due to the CCTV camera installation for safety concern.
- The students are also benefited with the great network of the internet for research during MBBS education.
Sofia Medical University Highlights
- Sofia Medical University has English medium as well as Bulgarian medium of instruction for teaching MBBS to the students coming from parts of the world.
- The University has official acknowledgement of various medical organization National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Students also acquire practical training along with the theoretical classes to understand the concepts thoroughly.
- The students are also engaged in extracurricular activities during MBBS education at Sofia Medical University.
- Sofia Medical University has a team of professional and highly qualified faculty members ensuring a high quality of training to students with medical education.
- The medical university allows the students to participate in scientific research, seminars and presentations held at the spacious and well-organized auditorium.
- The medical degree achieved from the institute is accepted in every country of their choice.
- The candidates are developing a sports persona by participating in sports activities.
Sofia Medical University Fee Structure 2021-22
Tution Fee $
Hostel Fee $
Total Fee $
Tution Fees and Hostel
Charges for 6 Years
Similar Medical Colleges in Bulgaria
Sofia Medical University - Gallery
MBBS Admission Process in Sofia Medical University
Documents required for MBBS Admission in Sofia Medical University
- Filled and signed application form downloaded from the university’s website.
- Official transcripts of class 12th and 10th.
- Birth certificate
- Proof of some medical tests like HIV.
- Copy of any identity card such as a passport.
- Passport size photographs.
- Personal Bank statements
Sofia Medical University Address
Sofia Medical University
Blvd, Boulevard “Akademik Ivan Evstratiev Geshov ” 15,
Sofia Medical University - FAQs
Sofia Medical University of the best and most prestigious medical universities in Bulgaria.
For to get admission in Sofia Medical University kindly contact abroad Educo for admission and guidance. A detail guidance to scholarship, Education loan & we been providing admission and application support over 9+ years with excellency. Contact for Application & admission assistance @ 9962327888 / 9626337888 or mail us to email@example.com.
Sofia Medical University was the oldest institution for higher medical education in Bulgaria and teaches medicine and dentistry in English.
There are some scholarships available at Sofia Medical University. People who are most likely to obtain a scholarship include students with good grades in their high-school diploma and at the University.
Admission Procedure for Studying MBBS in Sofia Medical University mentioned above. For more details contact: +91 9962327888.
The Cost of studying MBBS in Medical University, Sofia is 7000 EURO/per year.
New Delhi to Sofia flight time is 10 hours 15 minutes.
The University has official acknowledgement of various medical organizations National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).