Mauritius, formally the Republic of Mauritius, is an Indian Ocean island republic located about 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) east of Madagascar on the African continent’s southeast coast. The main island (also known as Mauritius), as well as Rodrigues, Agaléga, and St. Brandon, are all part of it. The Mascarene Islands consist of Mauritius and Rodrigues, as well as adjacent Réunion (a French overseas department). Mauritius is home to the capital and largest city, Port Louis, as well as the majority of the population. The country covers 2,040 square kilometers (790 square miles) and has a 2.3 million square kilometer exclusive economic zone.
Kyrgyzstan is a Central Asian country. It is bordered on the northwest and north by Kazakhstan, on the east and south by China, and on the south and west by Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The majority of Kyrgyzstan’s boundaries follow mountain ridges. Bishkek is the capital (known from 1862 to 1926 as Pishpek and from 1926 to 1991 as Frunze).
Nearly three-quarters of the population are Kyrgyz, a Muslim Turkic group. The Kyrgyz have a long history in what is now Kyrgyzstan, dating back to the 17th century. In the 19th century, tsarist Russian soldiers captured Kyrgyzstan, which was known as Kirgiziya under Russian and Soviet control.
About Mauritius Government
Mauritius’ politics are governed by a parliamentary representative democratic republic, in which the President is the head of state and the Prime Minister is the head of government, with a Council of Ministers assisting them. Mauritius is governed by a multi-party system. The government is in charge of executive power. Both the Government and the National Assembly have legislative power.
About Kyrgyzstan Government
Kyrgyzstan is a multiparty unitary republic with a single parliamentary chamber. Its 1993 constitution, which replaced the Soviet-era constitution in force since 1978, acknowledged a wide range of citizen rights and freedoms. It created the legislative, executive, and judicial departments of government, as well as the president’s right to use a nationwide vote to implement critical policies or constitutional modifications.
Climate Comparison between Mauritius & Kyrgyzstan
Mauritius has a tropical maritime climate with little seasonal variation in temperatures and a pleasant and sunny coastal climate all year.
From May to October, the weather is mild and dry. Summer is hot, humid, and wet from November to April. Between January and March, cyclones can be expected.
The average summer temperature is 24.7°C, while the average winter temperature is 20.4°C. The variation in temperature between seasons is only 4.3 degrees Celsius.
The first hot days arrive in May and June, and the spring is often pleasant. Summer temperatures average 31 degrees Celsius (87.8 degrees Fahrenheit), though they can reach 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit). Air conditioning is available in many areas, although not all.
The temperature dips to an average of -10° C (14° F) in the winter, and snow is prevalent. Because the temperatures are frigid but not painfully cold, there are several ski bases and options for winter sports in Issyk-Kul.
Summer temperatures average 31 degrees Celsius (87.8 degrees Fahrenheit), though they can reach 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit). Air conditioning is available in many areas, although not all.
Culture in Mauritius & Kyrgyzstan
Culture in Mauritius
Mauritius is a peaceful, multi-ethnic, religious, and culturally diverse country. The island’s cultural, historical, and natural legacy are all rich. Mauritius has been steadily colonized by Africans and Indians after being occupied by the Dutch, French, and British. After the abolition of slavery, Chinese immigrants arrived to start small companies. Mauritius still bears all of these imprints today. Mauritius is a plural nation with a cosmopolitan environment as a result of this cultural blend.
Culture in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan’s culture is a diverse blend of ethnic groups and cultures, with the Kyrgyz being the majority. The 40-rayed golden sun in the Centre of the flag represents the 40 Kyrgyz clans, according to popular belief. A yurt is thought to be represented by the lines inside the sun.
Languages in Mauritius
Because the majority of courses in Mauritius are offered in English and French, international students will have no trouble communicating and studying in class. As a result, candidates are excused from taking English language competence tests like the IELTS and TOEFL.
Languages in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan’s official languages are Russian and Kyrgyz. Kyrgyzstan is one of just two former Soviet countries in Central Asia that maintains Russian as its official language. On September 1, 1991, after the country’s independence, Kyrgyz was designated as a second official language.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Mauritius
- Mauritius is a small island nation with stunning beauty and a high level of peace and independence. The country is regarded as safe, with less violent crimes and relatively low living costs.
Safe & Security in Mauritius
- Kyrgyzstan is a popular location for Indian students interested in pursuing a medical career, with colleges and universities located in the country’s major cities and adequate student amenities. First and foremost, Kyrgyzstan is a safe country for visitors, particularly Indians, to visit and remain in.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Mauritius
The MBBS course takes six years to complete in Mauritius. The total cost of an MBBS in Mauritius ranges from 38 to 43 lakhs.
Cost of MBBS Education in Kyrgyzstan
For Indian students, the total MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan range from 13 lacs to 22 lacs for the whole MBBS degree. It is one of the primary reasons why Indian students chose Kyrgyzstan as their MBBS study abroad destination. The medical school program lasts 5 years and is taught in English.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Mauritius
The cost of living expenditures in Mauritius for an international student enrolled in a hotel management institution in Mauritius might range from $300 to $700 per month.
Cost of Living in Kyrgyzstan
Without rent, a family of four would spend $1,267 ($107,469сoм) every month. Without rent, a single person’s projected monthly costs are 356$ (30,184сом). Kyrgyzstan has a 64.24 percent cheaper cost of living than the United States. The average rent in Kyrgyzstan is 80.13 percent less than in the United States.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Mauritius & Kyrgyzstan
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Mauritius
Getting into one of Mauritius’ MBBS colleges is not as tough or time-consuming as some may believe. Both universities choose candidates based on their grades in the 12th grade. There is no need to take an entrance exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
The minimal MBBS eligibility criteria in Kyrgyzstan for admission of an Indian student to a medical university in Kyrgyzstan are as follows: In India, there are no entrance exams such as IELTS or SAT.
Intakes for MBBS in Mauritius & Kyrgyzstan
MBBS Intakes in Mauritius
To help you realize your ambition of studying in Mauritius, the country offers two intakes every year: Fall and Winter. The fall intake is believed to be the most popular in the country. The majority of these classes are offered in the fall semester. If your desired course is open, you can also enter the nation through winter intakes.
MBBS Intakes in Kyrgyzstan
In most cases, the MBBS study intake begins in September. It would be wonderful if you submitted your application during the month of July. Classes for MBBS Abroad Kyrgyzstan studies often begin in October. In Kyrgyzstan, there are only a few places available for MBBS students.
Duration of MBBS in Mauritius & Kyrgyzstan
MBBS Duration in Mauritius
The MBBS programme in Mauritius lasts 5.5 years. The curriculum is identical to the Indian MBBS programme because the course follows a similar framework supplied by MCI.
MBBS Duration in Kyrgyzstan
In Kyrgyzstan, the entire MBBS programme takes six years to finish. The first five years of MBBS are devoted to teaching the fundamentals of medical science and clinical research, while the last year is entirely dedicated to hands-on training at affiliated hospitals.
Distance from India
Mauritius from India Travel Time
The flight time from Delhi to Mauritius is approximately 6-7 hours and the distance is approximately 3622.4 miles.
Kyrgyzstan from India Travel Time
It takes 3 hours and 20 minutes to fly from New Delhi to Bishkek.
Internship after MBBS in Mauritius & Kyrgyzstan
MBBS Internship in Mauritius
Students can also choose to complete their one-year internships in Mauritius hospitals. If they choose to do an internship, the overall time commitment will be 6 years.
MBBS Internship in Kyrgyzstan
To complete the course in Kyrgyzstan, students must complete five years of classroom training and one year of internship training.
Top Medical Universities in Mauritius & Kyrgyzstan
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Mauritius
Mauritius has the highest percentage of FMGE pass rate. According to the data, 52 percent (81 out of 154) of Mauritius students pass the FMGE Exam.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
Indian students studying medicine in Kyrgyzstan cleared FMGE at a rate of 12.9 percent on average.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Mauritius:
- The Medical Council of India guides the MBBS curriculum in Mauritius.
- In Mauritius, there are a number of MCI-approved universities that provide MBBS programme.
- Mauritius is a country that speaks English. It also has a lot of Indian influences. A few generations ago, many Indians settled in Mauritius. Strong ties to India and its languages can be seen by students. Many Indian languages, in addition to English, are spoken throughout the country. As a result, Indian students do not feel uncomfortable or ill when they travel abroad.
- Many medical schools employ experienced Indian professors with decades of teaching expertise.
- All students are divided into small groups, which allows for more effective learning and teaching.
- A gift is not requested by any medical institute or college. There is only a tuition price and a hostel fee.
- When compared to India, the cost of schooling is minimal.
- Indian culture may be found all around the country.
- The weather and environment are ideal. It is a pollution-free country, and students have no reason to be concerned about being ill. There are several beaches, a beautiful scenery, and a peaceful mood.
- The language, food, customs, and practices are all quite similar to those found in India. As a result, Indian students find it simple to adjust to the Mauritius environment.
- The people are really kind and easy to mingle with.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan :
- Kyrgyzstan’s universities provide students with a high-quality education.
- Direct admission is available in MBBS Kyrgyzstan.
- As a result, almost 5000 Indian students are studying for their MBBS here.
- The pupils would not have any safety issues here because the locals are kind.
- The students will take an English-medium MBBS program in Kyrgyzstan.
- Indian students do not have to be concerned about the fee structure because it is less expensive.
- In Kyrgyzstan, there is no requirement to make any type of donation in order to gain admittance.
- Here, the cost of living is lower.
- There is a hostel for Indian students, and Indian candidates will have the opportunity to participate in Indian traditions such as Holi and Diwali.
- Candidates will be provided classes to prepare for the NMC.
- Food will not be an issue for Indian students because there are numerous Indian eateries and cuisines available here.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Mauritius:
Practice Medicine in India
Well, if you’re looking for the highest possible standard of medical education on the African continent, Mauritius should always be on your list. The country is known as India’s best holiday destination, but a medical degree earned in Mauritius is equally valuable, as it is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the rest of the world.
Practice Medicine in Mauritius
Even if you receive your medical degree from a small island nation like Mauritius, you will get the full worth of your degree in India because the degree can get you into India’s top medical institutions. Furthermore, after passing the MCI screening exam with an MBBS degree from Mauritius, you might contemplate establishing your medical practice in India.
Scope after MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
- For Indian students, studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan opens them a world of possibilities.
- MD is awarded to Indian medical students and other students who complete their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. They become fully qualified to take a variety of tests, including the PLAB, USMLE, and NMC screening exams, which are organized by the National Board of Examinations, India, in accordance with NMC directives.
- Students can also practice in government-affiliated hospitals or start their own practice by establishing a private clinic. Students can pursue post-graduate studies in Kyrgyzstan or elsewhere.
- In Kyrgyzstan, an MBBS doctor can earn up to $11,200 per year, or $933 per month, or Rs.7.84 lakhs per year. This translates to a monthly compensation of roughly Rs.65,000 per month.
- You can work as a full-time doctor at a government hospital or as a duty medical officer in the private sector, depending on your qualifications.
- By taking the PG entrance exam, you can apply for postgraduate programs. The length of a postgraduate course varies depending on specialization; for example, a three-year MD/MS program will take three years, while a two-year diploma or DNB program will take two years.
- You might also apply for positions in research institutes that pay well.
PG Options after MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
- Students can pursue a postgraduate degree at Kyrgyzstan’s finest universities.
- You can continue your education here if you choose.
- You will have the opportunity to pursue a PhD degree in this country.
- You can get direct admission to MD in Kyrgyzstan after completing your MBBS here.
- For PG admission in this country, you do not need to take any exams.
- The post-graduate fee structure is less expensive here, at 4500 USD each year.