Bangladesh is a country in Southern Asia that is on the Bay of Bengal and is surrounded on all sides by India, with the exception of a tiny border with Burma. Bangladesh’s lowlands are flat, and the majority of the country is built on the deltas of enormous rivers that flow down from the Himalayas.
Mauritius, formally the Republic of Mauritius, is an Indian Ocean island republic located about 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) east of Madagascar on the African continent’s southeast coast. The main island (also known as Mauritius), as well as Rodrigues, Agaléga, and St. Brandon, are all part of it. The Mascarene Islands consist of Mauritius and Rodrigues, as well as adjacent Réunion (a French overseas department). Mauritius is home to the capital and largest city, Port Louis, as well as the majority of the population. The country covers 2,040 square kilometers (790 square miles) and has a 2.3 million square kilometer exclusive economic zone.
About Bangladesh Government
The government is a parliamentary democracy, with the president as the chief of state and the prime minister as the head of government. Bangladesh features a traditional economic system in which available resources are allocated via rudimentary methods and heredity. Bangladesh is a signatory to the Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) as well as the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) (SAARC).
About Mauritius Government
Mauritius’ politics are governed by a parliamentary representative democratic republic, in which the President is the head of state and the Prime Minister is the head of government, with a Council of Ministers assisting them. Mauritius is governed by a multi-party system. The government is in charge of executive power. Both the Government and the National Assembly have legislative power.
Climate Comparison between Bangladesh & Mauritius
Spring, from March to May, is the hottest season, with average maximum temperatures reaching 35 °C (95 °F) in inland areas in April, but not exceeding 32/33 °C (90/91 °F) at the coast.
Winter is slightly cooler (October to March), with maximum temperatures ranging from 22 to 29 degrees Celsius (72 – 84 degrees Fahrenheit).
Maximum summer temperatures often vary between 30°C and 40°C. In most sections of the country, April is the warmest month.
Mauritius has a tropical maritime climate with little seasonal variation in temperatures and a pleasant and sunny coastal climate all year.
From May to October, the weather is mild and dry. Summer is hot, humid, and wet from November to April. Between January and March, cyclones can be expected.
The average summer temperature is 24.7°C, while the average winter temperature is 20.4°C. The variation in temperature between seasons is only 4.3 degrees Celsius.
Culture in Bangladesh & Mauritius
Culture in Bangladesh
Bangladesh has a diverse and rich culture. Its architecture, dance, literature, music, painting, and clothing all reflect its deep-rooted heritage. Bangladesh’s three major religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam) have had a significant impact on the country’s culture and history. Bangladeshis have a long literary tradition, with the first available form of literature dating back over a thousand years.
Culture in Mauritius
Mauritius is a peaceful, multi-ethnic, religious, and culturally diverse country. The island’s cultural, historical, and natural legacy are all rich. Mauritius has been steadily colonized by Africans and Indians after being occupied by the Dutch, French, and British. After the abolition of slavery, Chinese immigrants arrived to start small companies. Mauritius still bears all of these imprints today. Mauritius is a plural nation with a cosmopolitan environment as a result of this cultural blend.
Languages in Bangladesh
Many people are shocked to learn that Bangladesh has a large number of languages. Bangla or Bengali and English are the official language of Bangladesh, and it is spoken by the vast majority of the population.
Languages in Mauritius
Because the majority of courses in Mauritius are offered in English and French, international students will have no trouble communicating and studying in class. As a result, candidates are excused from taking English language competence tests like the IELTS and TOEFL.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Bangladesh
For Indian or international students, Bangladesh is a safe place. Bangladeshi medical colleges ensure that students are completely safe and secure. Bangladesh is also the only country in the world where no one drinks alcohol.
Safe & Security in Mauritius
Mauritius is a small island nation with stunning beauty and a high level of peace and independence. The country is regarded as safe, with less violent crimes and relatively low living costs.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Bangladesh
The cost of studying medicine in Bangladesh ranges from 38000 USD to 45000 USD.
Cost of MBBS Education in Mauritius
The MBBS course takes six years to complete in Mauritius. The total cost of an MBBS in Mauritius ranges from 38 to 43 lakhs.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Bangladesh
Without rent, a family of four would spend $1363 ($116,823) per month. Without rent, a single person’s projected monthly costs are 393$ (33,659$).
Cost of Living in Mauritius
The cost of living expenditures in Mauritius for an international student enrolled in a hotel management institution in Mauritius might range from $300 to $700 per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Bangladesh & Mauritius
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Bangladesh
NEET qualifying score is necessary for NMC/MCI Equivalent Certificate starting in Session 2021-2022. NEET is required to study MBBS in Bangladesh starting in Session 2021-2022.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Mauritius
Getting into one of Mauritius’ MBBS colleges is not as tough or time-consuming as some may believe. Both universities choose candidates based on their grades in the 12th grade. There is no need to take an entrance exam.
Intakes for MBBS in Bangladesh & Mauritius
MBBS Intakes in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the admissions process begins in February. The deadline for applying will be in May. The first day of classes will be in the month of August.
MBBS Intakes in Mauritius
To help you realize your ambition of studying in Mauritius, the country offers two intakes every year: Fall and Winter. The fall intake is believed to be the most popular in the country. The majority of these classes are offered in the fall semester. If your desired course is open, you can also enter the nation through winter intakes.
Duration of MBBS in Bangladesh & Mauritius
MBBS Duration in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the MBBS programme lasts five years and is separated into four parts. Exams are taken semester by semester in college and phase by phase in university. A one-year internship is required after completing these five years and passing the Final Professional MBBS exam.
MBBS Duration in Mauritius
The MBBS programme in Mauritius lasts 5.5 years. The curriculum is identical to the Indian MBBS programme because the course follows a similar framework supplied by MCI.
Distance from India
Bangladesh from India Travel Time
The flying time between India and Bangladesh is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Mauritius from India Travel Time
The flight time from Delhi to Mauritius is approximately 6-7 hours and the distance is approximately 3622.4 miles.
Internship after MBBS in Bangladesh & Mauritius
MBBS Internship in Bangladesh
Currently, an aspiring physician must complete a year-long internship with a temporary licence from the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council after completing the five-year MBBS study (BMDC).
MBBS Internship in Mauritius
Students can also choose to complete their one-year internships in Mauritius hospitals. If they choose to do an internship, the overall time commitment will be 6 years.
Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh & Mauritius
List of Top Colleges in Bangladesh:
- Bangladesh Medical College – Dhaka
- Delta Medical College – Dhaka
- Dhaka National Medical College – Dhaka
- Enam Medical College – Dhaka
- Green Life Medical College – Dhaka
- Jahurul Islam Medical College – Bhagalpur
- Mainamoti Medical College – Cummila
- Southern Medical College – Chattogram
- H. Sikder Women’s Medical College – Dhaka
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Bangladesh
FMGE is a programme for Indian medical graduates who obtained their MBBS outside of India. Bangladesh students have a pass rate of around 38%.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Mauritius
Mauritius has the highest percentage of FMGE pass rate. According to the data, 52 percent (81 out of 154) of Mauritius students pass the FMGE Exam.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Bangladesh:
- The WHO and UNESCO acknowledge the MBBS degree, and it is accepted all throughout the world. Advantages of MBBS in Bangladesh.
- Because there are no direct entrance criteria, the admission procedure is substantially simpler.
- In order to get admitted to Bangladesh, no donation is necessary.
- Students in Bangladesh have the chance to complete their internship program at a world-class medical college, global corporations, and international hospitals.
- Practical’s and experiments are offered to students to help them improve their skills.
- Bangladesh’s hospitals are well-equipped with cutting-edge technology and infrastructure.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Mauritius:
- The Medical Council of India guides the MBBS curriculum in Mauritius.
- In Mauritius, there are a number of MCI-approved universities that provide MBBS programme.
- Mauritius is a country that speaks English. It also has a lot of Indian influences. A few generations ago, many Indians settled in Mauritius. Strong ties to India and its languages can be seen by students. Many Indian languages, in addition to English, are spoken throughout the country. As a result, Indian students do not feel uncomfortable or ill when they travel abroad.
- Many medical schools employ experienced Indian professors with decades of teaching expertise.
- All students are divided into small groups, which allows for more effective learning and teaching.
- A gift is not requested by any medical institute or college. There is only a tuition price and a hostel fee.
- When compared to India, the cost of schooling is minimal.
- Indian culture may be found all around the country.
- The weather and environment are ideal. It is a pollution-free country, and students have no reason to be concerned about being ill. There are several beaches, a beautiful scenery, and a peaceful mood.
- The language, food, customs, and practices are all quite similar to those found in India. As a result, Indian students find it simple to adjust to the Mauritius environment.
- The people are really kind and easy to mingle with.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Bangladesh:
- Here are some of the best medical schools that have been approved and listed by the MCI/WHO.
- The greatest MCI pass rate demonstrates that they provide pupils with a high-quality education.
- After earning an MBBS degree in Bangladesh, you have a lot of possibilities. If a student wishes to pursue a career as a doctor, he or she may do so after passing the FMGE in India.
- In India, students can pursue their postgraduate studies in any field they wish. Do PG from other nations, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Germany. In India, you can apply for government jobs.
PG Options after MBBS in Bangladesh:
The MD/MS program is for candidates who want to pursue clinical practice while also honing their research skills in a related field. A student can apply for one of two post-graduate (specialty) program after successfully completing MBBS:
- MD – Post graduate medical Degree (Doctor of Medicine)
- MS – Post graduate surgical degree (Master of Surgery)
Scope after MBBS in Mauritius:
Practice Medicine in India
Well, if you’re looking for the highest possible standard of medical education on the African continent, Mauritius should always be on your list. The country is known as India’s best holiday destination, but a medical degree earned in Mauritius is equally valuable, as it is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the rest of the world.
Practice Medicine in Mauritius
Even if you receive your medical degree from a small island nation like Mauritius, you will get the full worth of your degree in India because the degree can get you into India’s top medical institutions. Furthermore, after passing the MCI screening exam with an MBBS degree from Mauritius, you might contemplate establishing your medical practice in India.