Nepal is an Asian country located on the Himalayan mountain ranges’ southern slopes. It is a landlocked country bordered on the east, south, and west by India, and on the north by the Tibet Autonomous Region of China. Its region stretches about 500 miles (800 kilometers) east-west and 90 to 150 miles north-south. Kathmandu is the capital.
Mauritius, formally the Republic of Mauritius, is an Indian Ocean island republic located about 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) east of Madagascar on the African continent’s southeast coast. The main island (also known as Mauritius), as well as Rodrigues, Agaléga, and St. Brandon, are all part of it. The Mascarene Islands consist of Mauritius and Rodrigues, as well as adjacent Réunion (a French overseas department). Mauritius is home to the capital and largest city, Port Louis, as well as the majority of the population. The country covers 2,040 square kilometers (790 square miles) and has a 2.3 million square kilometer exclusive economic zone.
About Nepal Government
The Government of Nepal is the country’s executive and central government. It was officially known as His Majesty’s Government before to the end of the Nepali monarchy in 2006 (the country became a republic in 2008).
About Mauritius Government
Mauritius’ politics are governed by a parliamentary representative democratic republic, in which the President is the head of state and the Prime Minister is the head of government, with a Council of Ministers assisting them. Mauritius is governed by a multi-party system. The government is in charge of executive power. Both the Government and the National Assembly have legislative power.
Climate Comparison between Nepal & Mauritius
Spring is pleasant, with rain showers and temperatures about 22°C, and lasts from March through May.
Autumn, which runs from September to November, is the most popular trekking season since it is cool and sunny. Temperatures are moderate, with daily maximums of around 25°C and mild evenings with minimums of 10°C.
Winter During the fall and winter seasons, it rarely rains for more than one or two days. It is frigid at night in the winter, from December to February, with temperatures occasionally falling below zero.
Mauritius has a tropical maritime climate with little seasonal variation in temperatures and a pleasant and sunny coastal climate all year.
From May to October, the weather is mild and dry. Summer is hot, humid, and wet from November to April. Between January and March, cyclones can be expected.
The average summer temperature is 24.7°C, while the average winter temperature is 20.4°C. The variation in temperature between seasons is only 4.3 degrees Celsius.
Culture in Nepal & Mauritius
Culture in Nepal
Nepalese culture Nepal’s Parliament proclaimed the country secular on May 18, 2006. Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Jainism, Sikhism, Bon, ancestor worship, and animism are among the religions practiced in Nepal. Nepalis are predominantly Hindus or Buddhists. Throughout history, the two have coexisted peacefully.
Culture in Mauritius
Mauritius is a peaceful, multi-ethnic, religious, and culturally diverse country. The island’s cultural, historical, and natural legacy are all rich. Mauritius has been steadily colonized by Africans and Indians after being occupied by the Dutch, French, and British. After the abolition of slavery, Chinese immigrants arrived to start small companies. Mauritius still bears all of these imprints today. Mauritius is a plural nation with a cosmopolitan environment as a result of this cultural blend.
Languages in Nepal
Maithali, Tharu, Bhojpuri, Doteli, Tamang, Tibetan, and Awadhi languages, in addition to English and Nepali, are commonly utilized as a medium of communication and instruction in Nepali classrooms, particularly in basic schools.
Languages in Mauritius
Because the majority of courses in Mauritius are offered in English and French, international students will have no trouble communicating and studying in class. As a result, candidates are excused from taking English language competence tests like the IELTS and TOEFL.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Nepal
- Nepal is widely thought to be safer than its southern neighbor, India, and to have a strong openness to diverse cultures (on a separate note). This indicates that Nepal is typically secure for female lone travelers.
- While studying an MBBS in Nepal, international students do not need to be concerned about their safety because the majority of Nepalese people are god-fearing and welcoming to visitors from other nations.
Safe & Security in Mauritius
Mauritius is a small island nation with stunning beauty and a high level of peace and independence. The country is regarded as safe, with less violent crimes and relatively low living costs.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Nepal
The cost of an MBBS degree in Nepal is reasonable. In most medical institutes in Nepal, the MBBS fees range from 46 to 75 lakh for the entire term.
Cost of MBBS Education in Mauritius
The MBBS course takes six years to complete in Mauritius. The total cost of an MBBS in Mauritius ranges from 38 to 43 lakhs.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Nepal
Nepal is unquestionably a low-cost destination. The cost of a room in a hostel might range from Rs 7,000 to Rs 12,000, depending on the service given and the number of people sharing.
Cost of Living in Mauritius
The cost of living expenditures in Mauritius for an international student enrolled in a hotel management institution in Mauritius might range from $300 to $700 per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Nepal & Mauritius
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Nepal
MECEE UG is a nationwide entrance test for admission to all Nepalese universities and medical institutes. For medical treatments in Nepal, applicants must pass the NEET exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Mauritius
Getting into one of Mauritius’ MBBS colleges is not as tough or time-consuming as some may believe. Both universities choose candidates based on their grades in the 12th grade. There is no need to take an entrance exam.
Intakes for MBBS in Nepal & Mauritius
MBBS Intakes in Nepal
Two semesters make up each academic year at a Russian medical university for MBBS students. Every year in September, there is just one intake for multiple Nepal MBBS colleges.
MBBS Intakes in Mauritius
Knowing the intakes before deciding to study in any country is a sensible decision that will help you avoid making mistakes when filling out the application form for a specific university.
Duration of MBBS in Nepal & Mauritius
MBBS Duration in Nepal
The total time commitment is 4 & 1/2 years (four and a half years) for the academy and 1 year (one year) for the internship. MBBS duration totally 5 years and 6 months in nepal
MBBS Duration in Mauritius
The MBBS programme in Mauritius lasts 5.5 years. The curriculum is identical to the Indian MBBS programme because the course follows a similar framework supplied by MCI.
Distance from India
Nepal from India Travel Time
The distance between Kathmandu and New Delhi is about 820 kilometers (509 miles). The shortest flight time between New Delhi and Kathmandu is 1 hour 45 minutes.
Mauritius from India Travel Time
The flight time from Delhi to Mauritius is approximately 6-7 hours and the distance is approximately 3622.4 miles.
Internship after MBBS in Nepal & Mauritius
MBBS Internship in Nepal
In Nepal, the MBBS programme lasts five and a half years. Students must complete an internship programme in the college or university’s clinics or hospitals during their final year (one year).
MBBS Internship in Mauritius
Students can also choose to complete their one-year internships in Mauritius hospitals. If they choose to do an internship, the overall time commitment will be 6 years.
Top Medical Universities in Nepal & Mauritius
List of Top Colleges in Nepal:
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences – Dharan
- Nobel Medical College – Biratnagar
- National Medical College – Birgunj
- Nepalganj Medical School – Banke
- Lumbini Medical College – Tansen
- Gandaki Medical College – Kathmandu
- Janaki Medical College – Janakpur
- Kathmandu Medical College – Kathmandu
- School of Medical Sciences – Panauti
List of Top Colleges in Mauritius:
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Nepal
FMGE is a programme for Indian medical graduates who obtained their MBBS outside of India. Nepalese students have a pass rate of around 35%. It is on par with China and significantly higher than other countries.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Mauritius
Mauritius has the highest percentage of FMGE pass rate. According to the data, 52 percent (81 out of 154) of Mauritius students pass the FMGE Exam.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Nepal:
- Apart from the various benefits, choosing medicine in Nepal is advantageous for Indian students because the country has a large number of MCI-approved medical colleges. As a result, it is a bonus for Indian aspirants.
- In every way, MCI certified colleges in Nepal will provide a similar study curriculum.
- The availability of highly skilled Indian lecturers and faculty staff at Nepalese colleges would make you feel at home and in a welcoming environment, which may surprise many Indian students.
- With same course content and a similar study regimen, Nepalese autonomous institutions can help you pass MCI screening tests with high passing rates. It has been noticed that Nepalese graduates have a better passing rate than students from other nations.
- Another advantage of Nepalese institutions is that applicants for admission are not needed to pass an entrance examination. Students can apply to Nepal colleges without having to take any kind of admission exam or competency test.
- The tuition fees structure for a medical education, on the other hand, is cost effective and can be readily paid by average family students. The cost of studying MBBS in Nepal is only one-fourth that of a private college in India. International students can also pay in instalments at some Nepalese colleges.
- Nepal also has the advantage of not requiring a visa. Because of the amicable connections between India and Nepal, Indian students intending to study in Nepal do not need to present a Student Visa, and they can travel to and from any location in Nepal without a visa. For the sake of safety, Indian students should bring their passports.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Nepal:
- The Medical Council of India guides the MBBS curriculum in Mauritius.
- In Mauritius, there are a number of MCI-approved universities that provide MBBS programme.
- Mauritius is a country that speaks English. It also has a lot of Indian influences. A few generations ago, many Indians settled in Mauritius. Strong ties to India and its languages can be seen by students. Many Indian languages, in addition to English, are spoken throughout the country. As a result, Indian students do not feel uncomfortable or ill when they travel abroad.
- Many medical schools employ experienced Indian professors with decades of teaching expertise.
- All students are divided into small groups, which allows for more effective learning and teaching.
- A gift is not requested by any medical institute or college. There is only a tuition price and a hostel fee.
- When compared to India, the cost of schooling is minimal.
- Indian culture may be found all around the country.
- The weather and environment are ideal. It is a pollution-free country, and students have no reason to be concerned about being ill. There are several beaches, a beautiful scenery, and a peaceful mood.
- The language, food, customs, and practices are all quite similar to those found in India. As a result, Indian students find it simple to adjust to the Mauritius environment.
- The people are really kind and easy to mingle with.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Nepal:
Practice Medicine in India
Nepal’s medical institutions and universities offer internationally recognized degrees that allow graduates to practice medicine anywhere in the globe. There are numerous advantages, as we have already stated. As an Indian with an MBBS from Nepal, you can immediately begin clinical practice after passing the FMGE.
Practice Medicine in Nepal
For Nepali/Foreign doctors working in Nepal on a Temporary/Permanent basis, the Nepal Medical Council provides a good standing certificate. Any foreign doctor who engages in clinical, academic, or volunteer activities without first registering will face penalties under the NMC Act.
Post-Graduation in Nepal
For the duration of their studies in Nepal, candidates must be provincially registered with the Nepal Medical Council (NMC). Should be registered with the Medical Council of the nation in question. Students must have received a minimum of 50% on the MECEE PG admission exams.
Post-Graduation in USA
It means that after completing your MBBS in Nepal, you can pursue a PG degree (MD/MS) in the United States without having to pass the MCI exam. The PG degree earned in the United States is recognized in both India and the United States. The most significant advantage of completing MD/MS is that you would not be required to take the MCI screening test before or after MBBS in another country.
Scope after MBBS in Mauritius:
Practice Medicine in India
Well, if you’re looking for the highest possible standard of medical education on the African continent, Mauritius should always be on your list. The country is known as India’s best holiday destination, but a medical degree earned in Mauritius is equally valuable, as it is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the rest of the world.
Practice Medicine in Mauritius
Even if you receive your medical degree from a small island nation like Mauritius, you will get the full worth of your degree in India because the degree can get you into India’s top medical institutions. Furthermore, after passing the MCI screening exam with an MBBS degree from Mauritius, you might contemplate establishing your medical practice in India.