Romania is a country in southeastern Europe noted for its forested Transylvania area, which is surrounded by the Carpathian Mountains. Its ancient towns, such as Sighişoara, are well maintained, and there are numerous fortified churches and castles, including the clifftop Bran Castle, which has long been associated with the Dracula legend. The colossal, Communist-era Palatul Parlamentului government edifice is located in Bucharest, the country’s capital.
Mauritius, formally the Republic of Mauritius, is an Indian Ocean island republic located about 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) east of Madagascar on the African continent’s southeast coast. The main island (also known as Mauritius), as well as Rodrigues, Agaléga, and St. Brandon, are all part of it. The Mascarene Islands consist of Mauritius and Rodrigues, as well as adjacent Réunion (a French overseas department). Mauritius is home to the capital and largest city, Port Louis, as well as the majority of the population. The country covers 2,040 square kilometers (790 square miles) and has a 2.3 million square kilometer exclusive economic zone.
About Romania Government
The Romanian Government is one-half of the Romanian government’s executive branch (the other half being the office of the President of Romania). It consists of the ministries, other subordinated institutions and agencies, and the 42 prefectures, and is led by Romania’s Prime Minister. The Romanian government is headquartered in Bucharest’s Victoria Palace.
About Mauritius Government
Mauritius’ politics are governed by a parliamentary representative democratic republic, in which the President is the head of state and the Prime Minister is the head of government, with a Council of Ministers assisting them. Mauritius is governed by a multi-party system. The government is in charge of executive power. Both the Government and the National Assembly have legislative power.
Climate Comparison between Romania & Mauritius
Romania features a transitional temperate-continental climate that is unique to Central Europe. In the winter, the average temperature is below – 3°C, while in the summer, it is between 22°C and 24°C.
In the south of the country, the average annual temperature is 11°C, whereas in the north, it is 8°C.
Mauritius has a tropical maritime climate with little seasonal variation in temperatures and a pleasant and sunny coastal climate all year.
From May to October, the weather is mild and dry. Summer is hot, humid, and wet from November to April. Between January and March, cyclones can be expected.
The average summer temperature is 24.7°C, while the average winter temperature is 20.4°C. The variation in temperature between seasons is only 4.3 degrees Celsius.
Culture in Romania & Mauritius
Culture in Romania
Romanian life may be a wonderful blend of music and regional food, which you can sample in one of the country’s many restaurants and bars. Religion is a significant part of the local culture, particularly in terms of family life.
Culture in Mauritius
Mauritius is a peaceful, multi-ethnic, religious, and culturally diverse country. The island’s cultural, historical, and natural legacy are all rich. Mauritius has been steadily colonized by Africans and Indians after being occupied by the Dutch, French, and British. After the abolition of slavery, Chinese immigrants arrived to start small companies. Mauritius still bears all of these imprints today. Mauritius is a plural nation with a cosmopolitan environment as a result of this cultural blend.
Languages in Romania
Romanian, a Roman language with considerable parallels to Italian, is the country’s official language. Hungarian and Romani are among the minority languages spoken in Romania. There is also a sizable Romanian diaspora, which means that many Romanians live abroad.
Languages in Mauritius
Because the majority of courses in Mauritius are offered in English and French, international students will have no trouble communicating and studying in class. As a result, candidates are excused from taking English language competence tests like the IELTS and TOEFL.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Romania
- Romania is a country with a low crime rate. Petty theft occurs from time to time without being aggressive. The lower the crime rate, the smaller the city. We only work with areas that fulfil our stringent safety standards, which is why we normally advise clients to stay away from Bucharest.
Safe & Security in Mauritius
- Mauritius is a small island nation with stunning beauty and a high level of peace and independence. The country is regarded as safe, with less violent crimes and relatively low living costs.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Romania
In Romania, the annual tuition fee for MBBS is as little as INR 3,90,000. A year’s worth of living expenses could be around Rs. 4 lakhs.
Cost of MBBS Education in Mauritius
The MBBS course takes six years to complete in Mauritius. The total cost of an MBBS in Mauritius ranges from 38 to 43 lakhs.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Romania
Students will require a monthly budget of 300 to 500 RON on average. This is divided down into 150-300 RON per month for a private flat and roughly 150 RON per month for groceries.
Cost of Living in Mauritius
The cost of living expenditures in Mauritius for an international student enrolled in a hotel management institution in Mauritius might range from $300 to $700 per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Romania & Mauritius
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Romania
There is no entrance test for admission to Romanian medical colleges, except from specified eligibility conditions. For MBBS admission, the student must pass the NEET examination.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Mauritius
Getting into one of Mauritius’ MBBS colleges is not as tough or time-consuming as some may believe. Both universities choose candidates based on their grades in the 12th grade. There is no need to take an entrance exam.
Intakes for MBBS in Romania & Mauritius
MBBS Intakes in Romania
Around Romania, the MBBS study intake usually begins in the middle of August. It is preferable for MBBS applicants to apply in the months of June and July.
MBBS Intakes in Mauritius
To help you realize your ambition of studying in Mauritius, the country offers two intakes every year: Fall and Winter. The fall intake is believed to be the most popular in the country. The majority of these classes are offered in the fall semester. If your desired course is open, you can also enter the nation through winter intakes.
Duration of MBBS in Romania & Mauritius
MBBS Duration in Romania
In Romania, the MBBS programme lasts six years, including five years of clinical study at university and one year of internship at local hospitals.
MBBS Duration in Mauritius
The MBBS programme lasts five years, and there are numerous internship options available following graduation.
Distance from India
Romania from India Travel Time
Between Delhi and Romania, the shortest distance is 3,046.56 miles (4,902.97 km). Between India and Bucharest (Romania’s capital), the average flight time is 10 hours and 45 minutes.
Mauritius from India Travel Time
Between India and Tajikistan, the shortest distance is 1,266.09 miles (2,037.57 km). Between India to Dushanbe (Tajikistan’s capital), the average flight time is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Romania & Mauritius
MBBS Internship in Romania
The MBBS programme at an Armenian medical university lasts six years, including five years of classroom instruction and one year of practical training in a university-affiliated hospital.
MBBS Internship in Mauritius
Tajikistan’s universities assist students in obtaining one-year internships at reputable medical schools. The college also offers training for the Indian Medical Council’s screening test, which is a unique feature of Tajikistan.
Top Medical Universities in Romania & Mauritius
List of Top Colleges in Romania:
- Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Bucharest
- GR T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Iași
- Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Cluj-Napoca
- Ovidius University of Constanta – Constanța
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Craiova – Craiova
- University of Oradea – Oradea
- Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Timișoara
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Romania
The NMC screening test for Medicine Study in Romania is only passed by a small percentage of students. 336 Indians who graduated from Romania took the FMGE, and 33 of them passed with a 9.82 percent pass rate.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Mauritius
Mauritius has the highest percentage of FMGE pass rate. According to the data, 52 percent (81 out of 154) of Mauritius students pass the FMGE Exam.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Romania:
- The infrastructure of Armenian colleges is state-of-the-art, with high-class modern technologies. Armenia is the place to go if you want to obtain practical knowledge using all latest and innovative technologies.
- Armenia’s landscape is breathtaking for everyone, regardless of where they come from, their faith, or their nation of origin.
- In comparison to India, the cost of studying MBBS in Armenia is quite affordable.
- In comparison to other nations, obtaining a visa from Armenia is not a tough procedure.
- Because schooling is conducted in English, there is no need to worry about passing IELTS or TOEFL.
- As previously said, Armenian colleges do not only provide an MBBS programme, but also other related degrees in the medical profession. Armenia is the ideal option if you want to study something other than MBBS but still stay close to medicine.
- Everything in the Armenian MBBS Colleges is up to par, including a world-class library, canteen facilities, laundry services, and residential accommodations with Wi-Fi.
- Students could also participate in a variety of exchange programme.
- Armenia offers a variety of international scholarships in addition to the inexpensive cost of studying MBBS. An extra point for a student who requires assistance in paying their tuition expenses.
- If students are interested in pursuing a profession in Armenia, they can practice at hospitals during their internship.
- Student safety, which is a worry for many parents, is equally important to Armenian universities and officials, so students should take precautions.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Mauritius:
- The Medical Council of India guides the MBBS curriculum in Mauritius.
- In Mauritius, there are a number of MCI-approved universities that provide MBBS programme.
- Mauritius is a country that speaks English. It also has a lot of Indian influences. A few generations ago, many Indians settled in Mauritius. Strong ties to India and its languages can be seen by students. Many Indian languages, in addition to English, are spoken throughout the country. As a result, Indian students do not feel uncomfortable or ill when they travel abroad.
- Many medical schools employ experienced Indian professors with decades of teaching expertise.
- All students are divided into small groups, which allows for more effective learning and teaching.
- A gift is not requested by any medical institute or college. There is only a tuition price and a hostel fee.
- When compared to India, the cost of schooling is minimal.
- Indian culture may be found all around the country.
- The weather and environment are ideal. It is a pollution-free country, and students have no reason to be concerned about being ill. There are several beaches, a beautiful scenery, and a peaceful mood.
- The language, food, customs, and practices are all quite similar to those found in India. As a result, Indian students find it simple to adjust to the Mauritius environment.
- The people are really kind and easy to mingle with.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Romania:
Practice Medicine in India
In order to practice medicine in India after completing an MBBS abroad, Indian students must take a screening test administered by the National Board of Examinations on behalf of the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Students who pass the exam can subsequently register with the National Medical Council to practice medicine. The goal of the test is to assess an individual’s own abilities, skills, comprehension, and grasp of key medical procedures.
Practice Medicine in Romania
A graduate of the difficult MBBS programme has a bright career ahead of them. He/she has the option of working full-time at a private hospital or applying for a position in a government hospital. He or she can also pursue a private practice in Romania or return to India to pursue a limitless array of possibilities.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
After completing an MBBS in Romania, students can apply for and study for a postgraduate degree anywhere in Europe. It is a country where one can find work and make a home after finishing their studies.
Post-Graduation in Romania
In Romania, medical specializations offer resident physicians with the information and skills necessary of highly skilled medical professionals. Residents are licensed doctors who complete internships in University-owned hospitals (or other hospitals/services in agreement with Universities) under the supervision of tutors (Heads of Department) who are members of the medical staffs of these hospitals (or services), and who follow a set of programme.
In Romania, medical specialization (medical postgraduate, specialization/ resident programme) entails more than 80% clinical work (hospital work interacting with patients, professors and hospital professionals).
A resident doctor, also known as a resident physician, is a graduate and licensed physician who is learning a specialty through in-hospital training under the direction of the Department Head.
Candidates must meet both academic (a Doctor of Medicine or Dental Medicine degree) and language (at least a B2 level of Romanian language) requirements to be accepted for medical residency.
PG Degree/Practice in USA
All Romanian MBBS degrees are recognized by local and international organizations and bodies around the world, allowing graduates from any Romanian university to practice medicine overseas.
Furthermore, the International Medical Education Directory recognizes and lists all of Romania’s medical colleges and universities (IMED). This certification means that Romanian MBBS College students are eligible to take the US Medical Licensing Examinations, as well as to pursue postgraduate medical (Residency) training and practice in the US.
Scope after MBBS in Mauritius:
Practice Medicine in India
Well, if you’re looking for the highest possible standard of medical education on the African continent, Mauritius should always be on your list. The country is known as India’s best holiday destination, but a medical degree earned in Mauritius is equally valuable, as it is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the rest of the world.
Practice Medicine in Mauritius
Even if you receive your medical degree from a small island nation like Mauritius, you will get the full worth of your degree in India because the degree can get you into India’s top medical institutions. Furthermore, after passing the MCI screening exam with an MBBS degree from Mauritius, you might contemplate establishing your medical practice in India.