Kazakhstan, often spelled Kazakstan, is a Central Asian country that is formally known as the Republic of Kazakhstan, or Kazakh Qazaqstan Respublikas. On the northwest and north, it is bordered by Russia, on the east by China, and on the south by Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, the Aral Sea, and Turkmenistan; on the southwest, it is bordered by the Caspian Sea. Kazakhstan is Central Asia’s largest country and the world’s ninth largest.
Kazakhstan stretches 1,820 miles (2,930 kilometers) east to west and 960 miles north to south between its most distant points. Kazakhstan has physical and cultural geographic traits that are similar to those of the other Central Asian countries, despite the fact that it was not considered a part of Central Asia by authorities in the former Soviet Union. Nur-Sultan (previously Astana, Aqmola, and Tselinograd) is the country’s capital, located in the north-central region
Mauritius, formally the Republic of Mauritius, is an Indian Ocean island republic located about 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) east of Madagascar on the African continent’s southeast coast. The main island (also known as Mauritius), as well as Rodrigues, Agaléga, and St. Brandon, are all part of it. The Mascarene Islands consist of Mauritius and Rodrigues, as well as adjacent Réunion (a French overseas department). Mauritius is home to the capital and largest city, Port Louis, as well as the majority of the population. The country covers 2,040 square kilometers (790 square miles) and has a 2.3 million square kilometer exclusive economic zone.
About Kazakhstan Government
Kazakhstan is a unitary republic with a bicameral legislature made up of two chambers: the Senate and the Assembly (Mazhilis). The two chambers can modify the constitution, approve the budget, ratify treaties, and declare war when they work together; each chamber also has unique powers. Legislators are elected for four years. With the exception of a few senators nominated by the president, two members of the Senate are elected from each oblast and large city by all legislative members of that administrative entity. Nine members of the Assembly are elected by the Assembly of the People of Kazakhstan, a president-appointed body designed to represent the interests of Kazakhstan’s various ethnic groups, from population-based constituencies using universal adult suffrage.
About Mauritius Government
Mauritius’ politics are governed by a parliamentary representative democratic republic, in which the President is the head of state and the Prime Minister is the head of government, with a Council of Ministers assisting them. Mauritius is governed by a multi-party system. The government is in charge of executive power. Both the Government and the National Assembly have legislative power.
Climate Comparison between Kazakhstan & Mauritius
Kazakhstan has a continental climate with lengthy, hot summers and very severe winters.
The winter in the north of the country is lengthy and harsh, with temperatures as low as –52°C (Nur-Sultan) in some years, but there are also thaws of up to 5°C.
Mauritius has a tropical maritime climate with little seasonal variation in temperatures and a pleasant and sunny coastal climate all year.
From May to October, the weather is mild and dry. Summer is hot, humid, and wet from November to April. Between January and March, cyclones can be expected.
The average summer temperature is 24.7°C, while the average winter temperature is 20.4°C. The variation in temperature between seasons is only 4.3 degrees Celsius.
Culture in Kazakhstan & Mauritius
Culture in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan has a well-defined culture that is founded on the nomadic pastoral economy of its people. Between the 7th and 12th centuries, Islam was brought to Kazakhstan. Aside from lamb, several other traditional Kazakh dishes have symbolic meaning. The Turkic nomadic lifestyle has had a significant influence on Kazakh culture.
Culture in Mauritius
Mauritius is a peaceful, multi-ethnic, religious, and culturally diverse country. The island’s cultural, historical, and natural legacy are all rich. Mauritius has been steadily colonized by Africans and Indians after being occupied by the Dutch, French, and British. After the abolition of slavery, Chinese immigrants arrived to start small companies. Mauritius still bears all of these imprints today. Mauritius is a plural nation with a cosmopolitan environment as a result of this cultural blend.
Languages in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan is a bilingual country in which both Kazakh and Russian are frequently spoken. Kazakhstan’s Constitution grants Kazakh official status and mandates that Kazakhstan’s President be a Kazakh speaker. Kazakhstan is a bilingual country with more than 130 different nationalities.
Languages in Mauritius
Because the majority of courses in Mauritius are offered in English and French, international students will have no trouble communicating and studying in class. As a result, candidates are excused from taking English language competence tests like the IELTS and TOEFL.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan is a secure and safe nation to visit. Parents do not need to be concerned about their children’s safety while studying MBBS in Kazakhstan.
- There are significant concerns about personal safety in Kazakhstan, a country in central Asia. Transportation, travel scams, criminals, and crooked cops are just a few of the problems you may face. Being prepared, on the other hand, is a surefire method to keep safe.
Safe & Security in Mauritius
Mauritius is a small island nation with stunning beauty and a high level of peace and independence. The country is regarded as safe, with less violent crimes and relatively low living costs.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Kazakhstan
The low cost of MBBS in Kazakhstan has made it a popular choice among Indian and international students. The cost of tuition for each year ranges from 3600 to 5700 dollars.
Cost of MBBS Education in Mauritius
The MBBS course takes six years to complete in Mauritius. The total cost of an MBBS in Mauritius ranges from 38 to 43 lakhs.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Kazakhstan
In comparison to other countries, Kazakhstan is an affordable place to study medicine. In Kazakhstan, the average cost of studying MBBS is around $4,000 per year.
Cost of Living in Mauritius
The cost of living expenditures in Mauritius for an international student enrolled in a hotel management institution in Mauritius might range from $300 to $700 per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Kazakhstan & Mauritius
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Kazakhstan
Medical students must obtain a minimum of 50% in their 12th grade examination. Candidates must pass the NEET-UG exam to meet the standards of Kazakhstan universities.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Mauritius
Getting into one of Mauritius’ MBBS colleges is not as tough or time-consuming as some may believe. Both universities choose candidates based on their grades in the 12th grade. There is no need to take an entrance exam.
Intakes for MBBS in Kazakhstan & Mauritius
MBBS Intakes in Kazakhstan
MBBS admissions in Kazakhstan were generally closed by the July at the majority of universities. As a result, it is preferable for MBBS applicants to apply for admission in June. MBBS programs often begin in August or September in Kazakhstan’s medical schools.
MBBS Intakes in Mauritius
Knowing the intakes before deciding to study in any country is a sensible decision that will help you avoid making mistakes when filling out the application form for a specific university.
Duration of MBBS in Kazakhstan & Mauritius
MBBS Duration in Kazakhstan
The programme lasts five years, and candidates receive a degree if they pass with good grades and attend college.
MBBS Duration in Mauritius
The MBBS programme in Mauritius lasts 5.5 years. The curriculum is identical to the Indian MBBS programme because the course follows a similar framework supplied by MCI.
Distance from India
Kazakhstan from India Travel Time
India and Kazakhstan are 3,229 kilometers apart. The flight time between India and Kazakhstan is 4 hours and 29 minutes.
Mauritius from India Travel Time
The flight time from Delhi to Mauritius is approximately 6-7 hours and the distance is approximately 3622.4 miles.
Internship after MBBS in Kazakhstan & Mauritius
MBBS Internship in Kazakhstan
It immediately saves one year of medical school for students, which can be used to seek internships or careers during that time.
MBBS Internship in Mauritius
Students can also choose to complete their one-year internships in Mauritius hospitals. If they choose to do an internship, the overall time commitment will be 6 years.
Top Medical Universities in Kazakhstan & Mauritius
List of Top Colleges in Kazakhstan:
- Kazakh National Medical University – Almaty
- Karaganda State Medical University – Karagandy
- Semey State Medical University – Semey
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University – Almaty
- Astana Medical University – Nur-Sultan
- Kazakh Medical University Of Continuing Education – Almaty
- Kazakh-Russian Medical University – Almaty
- North Kazakhstan State University – Petropavl
- South Kazakhstan Medical Academy – Shymkent
- West Kazakhstan State Medical University – Aktobe
- Kokshetau State University – Kokshetau
- University of International Business – Almaty
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan’s universities have the lowest MCI Screening Test or FMGE Passing Rate, with only 6.67 percent passing the test in 2019.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Mauritius
Mauritius has the highest percentage of FMGE pass rate. According to the data, 52 percent (81 out of 154) of Mauritius students pass the FMGE Exam.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Kazakhstan:
- Approved by MCI and WHO: MCI, WHO, and UNESCO have approved Kazakh National Medical University, Al Farabi State Medical University, and other medical universities in Kazakhstan. Because of the international renown, students can get internships or jobs in leading hospitals all around the world.
- 5 years MBBS Course: The MBBS course in Kazakhstan is just 5 years long, which draws most Indian students to study medicine there because it saves them a year. The MBBS program is offered at most universities across the world and lasts six years. During this one-year period, a student might either work or study by practicing in hospitals under the supervision of doctors.
- No donation or headcount: As previously stated, India’s private institutions still get a huge number of donations or head fees in addition to the annual charge. This is not the situation in Kazakhstan’s medical universities. In Kazakhstan, the majority of MBBS colleges do not charge contributions or headcount fees. In terms of rupees, Kazakhstan medical schools have tuition fees that are even lower than those of Indian private colleges. The cost of MBBS in Kazakhstan is reasonable for students.
- MCI Coaching is available: MCI Coaching is available to students at the University. Students receive MCI screening test instruction, making it easier for Indian students to pass MCI exams and allowing them to practice in India at no cost.
- World-class infrastructure: Kazakhstan’s campuses are equipped with world-class hospital facilities and cutting-edge technology. For example, learning MBBS in Kazakhstan will be quite beneficial because the majority of Kazakhstan’s universities are of good quality. The majority of Kazakhstan’s institutions have completely air-conditioned classrooms as well as smart classrooms.
- The medium of instruction is English, which makes it easy for Indian students to complete and study their medical courses in Kazakhstan.
- Faculty who are highly qualified and experienced: Faculty at Kazakhstan’s universities are highly qualified and experienced, and their goal is to provide practical information to medical students. They help pupils by assisting them in resolving their doubts in a friendly manner.
- Affordability of education: MBBS education in Kazakhstan is inexpensive when compared to other countries. In Kazakhstan, the average cost of studying MBBS is around $4,000 per year. In addition, the cost of living is reasonable. The minimal monthly fee to live in Kazakhstan, according to our estimates, is between $200 and $300.
- Simple Admissions Method: Kazakhstan’s admissions procedure is quite simple. For admission to Kazakhstan’s best medical universities, the candidate must meet certain standards. It is simpler for a candidate to acquire admission to Kazakhstan’s top medical university if they work with MBBS abroad consultants.
- Availability of Indian Food: The presence of an Indian canteen in most of Kazakhstan’s medical universities makes it simpler for Indian students to adjust to the country. Furthermore, there are numerous Indian restaurants in Almaty, Kazakhstan, that cater to the needs of Indian students.
- International Recognition of Degrees: Medical universities in Kazakhstan offer degrees that are recognized around the world. Students are finding it simpler to acquire positions at premier hospitals all over the world. Students can now be admitted to the hospitals of their choice and preferences in India and other countries.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Mauritius:
- The Medical Council of India guides the MBBS curriculum in Mauritius.
- In Mauritius, there are a number of MCI-approved universities that provide MBBS programme.
- Mauritius is a country that speaks English. It also has a lot of Indian influences. A few generations ago, many Indians settled in Mauritius. Strong ties to India and its languages can be seen by students. Many Indian languages, in addition to English, are spoken throughout the country. As a result, Indian students do not feel uncomfortable or ill when they travel abroad.
- Many medical schools employ experienced Indian professors with decades of teaching expertise.
- All students are divided into small groups, which allows for more effective learning and teaching.
- A gift is not requested by any medical institute or college. There is only a tuition price and a hostel fee.
- When compared to India, the cost of schooling is minimal.
- Indian culture may be found all around the country.
- The weather and environment are ideal. It is a pollution-free country, and students have no reason to be concerned about being ill. There are several beaches, a beautiful scenery, and a peaceful mood.
- The language, food, customs, and practices are all quite similar to those found in India. As a result, Indian students find it simple to adjust to the Mauritius environment.
- The people are really kind and easy to mingle with.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Kazakhstan:
Students frequently dream of working in India after completing their MBBS in Kazakhstan or Ukraine. However, they are occasionally unsure of the criterion. You will be eligible to work in India if you completed your MBBS in Kazakhstan or Ukraine. However, it is critical for a person to understand that they must pass the MCI exit exam in India, also known as the FMGE. A student will not be able to practice medicine in India if they do not pass the exam.
PG Options after MBBS in Kazakhstan:
- Students are given the option to study medicine in Kazakhstan for five years.
- As a result, you will have numerous chances to pursue higher education here.
- The cost of a post-graduate course is less expensive here.
- You can also enroll in a PhD program.
- The cost of the postgraduate course is merely 13, 49, 000 lakhs for the candidates.
Scope after MBBS in Mauritius:
Practice Medicine in India
Well, if you’re looking for the highest possible standard of medical education on the African continent, Mauritius should always be on your list. The country is known as India’s best holiday destination, but a medical degree earned in Mauritius is equally valuable, as it is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the rest of the world.
Practice Medicine in Mauritius
Even if you receive your medical degree from a small island nation like Mauritius, you will get the full worth of your degree in India because the degree can get you into India’s top medical institutions. Furthermore, after passing the MCI screening exam with an MBBS degree from Mauritius, you might contemplate establishing your medical practice in India.