Armenia is a country in the hilly Caucasus area between Asia and Europe, and a former Soviet republic. Religious buildings such as the Greco-Roman Temple of Garni and the 4th-century Etchmiadzin Cathedral, the Armenian Church’s headquarters, distinguish it as one of the oldest Christian civilizations. The pilgrimage location of Khor Virap Monastery is located near Mount Ararat, a dormant volcano located just beyond the Turkish border.
Mauritius, formally the Republic of Mauritius, is an Indian Ocean island republic located about 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) east of Madagascar on the African continent’s southeast coast. The main island (also known as Mauritius), as well as Rodrigues, Agaléga, and St. Brandon, are all part of it. The Mascarene Islands consist of Mauritius and Rodrigues, as well as adjacent Réunion (a French overseas department). Mauritius is home to the capital and largest city, Port Louis, as well as the majority of the population. The country covers 2,040 square kilometers (790 square miles) and has a 2.3 million square kilometer exclusive economic zone.
About Armenia Government
The Republic of Armenia is a sovereign, democratic, social, and rule-of-law state. The people of Armenia hold the power in the Republic of Armenia.
People’s authority will be exercised through free elections, referendums, and the state and municipal self-government bodies and officials established under the Constitution. State authority must be exercised in accordance with the Constitution and laws, with legislative, executive, and judicial powers separated and balanced.
About Mauritius Government
Mauritius’ politics are governed by a parliamentary representative democratic republic, in which the President is the head of state and the Prime Minister is the head of government, with a Council of Ministers assisting them. Mauritius is governed by a multi-party system. The government is in charge of executive power. Both the Government and the National Assembly have legislative power.
Climate Comparison between Armenia & Mauritius
Armenia has a highland continental climate. Summers are hot and dry, and they last from June to September.
Autumns are lengthy and springs are short. The vivid and colorful foliage of autumn is well-known. Winters are bitterly cold, with temperatures ranging from – 10 to minus 5 degrees Celsius.
Winter During the fall and winter seasons, it rarely rains for more than one or two days. It is frigid at night in the winter, from December to February, with temperatures occasionally falling below zero.
Mauritius has a tropical maritime climate with little seasonal variation in temperatures and a pleasant and sunny coastal climate all year.
From May to October, the weather is mild and dry. Summer is hot, humid, and wet from November to April. Between January and March, cyclones can be expected.
The average summer temperature is 24.7°C, while the average winter temperature is 20.4°C. The variation in temperature between seasons is only 4.3 degrees Celsius.
Culture in Armenia & Mauritius
Culture in Armenia
Armenians are polite and open people with a rich cultural heritage. In the country, international students never feel alienated. You can keep yourself occupied in your spare time in a variety of ways.
Armenia has a working society made up of people who are trying to work together for the betterment of the country. Armenia has a distinct culture and a plethora of business options for anyone willing to put in the effort. Higher education in the country is the sole option for everyone who wants to improve their skills and achieve a successful and bright career.
Culture in Mauritius
Mauritius is a peaceful, multi-ethnic, religious, and culturally diverse country. The island’s cultural, historical, and natural legacy are all rich. Mauritius has been steadily colonized by Africans and Indians after being occupied by the Dutch, French, and British. After the abolition of slavery, Chinese immigrants arrived to start small companies. Mauritius still bears all of these imprints today. Mauritius is a plural nation with a cosmopolitan environment as a result of this cultural blend.
Languages in Armenia
Armenia is an ethnically homogeneous country where Armenian is the official language and the majority of the people speaks it as a first language. Russian is still, by far, the most widely spoken foreign language among Armenians today. In recent years, English has grown in popularity.
Languages in Mauritius
Because the majority of courses in Mauritius are offered in English and French, international students will have no trouble communicating and studying in class. As a result, candidates are excused from taking English language competence tests like the IELTS and TOEFL.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Armenia
- Studying in Armenia can be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Armenia has become a popular destination for international students in the last decade, and for good reason.
- Armenia is a safe country with low living costs and a thriving engineering and technology industry on the world stage.
Safe & Security in Mauritius
Mauritius is a small island nation with stunning beauty and a high level of peace and independence. The country is regarded as safe, with less violent crimes and relatively low living costs.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Armenia
The maximum fees for studying MBBs in Armenia are 4000 USD per year, with a minimum of 2500 USD. Hostel accommodations for medical students in Armenia will cost between 1000 and 2000 USD per year.
Cost of MBBS Education in Mauritius
The MBBS course takes six years to complete in Mauritius. The total cost of an MBBS in Mauritius ranges from 38 to 43 lakhs.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Armenia
With around $120 per month, students can usually live comfortably. Depending on their demands, each student can decide their own meal expenses.
Cost of Living in Mauritius
The cost of living expenditures in Mauritius for an international student enrolled in a hotel management institution in Mauritius might range from $300 to $700 per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Armenia & Mauritius
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Armenia
To gain admission to a top medical university in Armenia, a student does not need to take any form of entrance exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Mauritius
Getting into one of Mauritius’ MBBS colleges is not as tough or time-consuming as some may believe. Both universities choose candidates based on their grades in the 12th grade. There is no need to take an entrance exam.
Intakes for MBBS in Armenia & Mauritius
MBBS Intakes in Armenia
In September, the academic year for MBBS in Armenia with reduced tuition prices is expected to begin. At least 8 weeks before September, the medical aspirant must begin the application process.
MBBS Intakes in Mauritius
To help you realize your ambition of studying in Mauritius, the country offers two intakes every year: Fall and Winter. The fall intake is believed to be the most popular in the country. The majority of these classes are offered in the fall semester. If your desired course is open, you can also enter the nation through winter intakes.
Duration of MBBS in Armenia & Mauritius
MBBS Duration in Armenia
In Armenia, an MBBS degree takes six years to complete. It consists of five years of classroom and practical study, as well as a one-year internship.
MBBS Duration in Mauritius
The MBBS programme in Mauritius lasts 5.5 years. The curriculum is identical to the Indian MBBS programme because the course follows a similar framework supplied by MCI.
Distance from India
Armenia from India Travel Time
Armenia is 3,875 kilometers away from India. The flight time from India to Yerevan (Armenia’s capital) is 6 hours and 50 minutes on average.
Mauritius from India Travel Time
The flight time from Delhi to Mauritius is approximately 6-7 hours and the distance is approximately 3622.4 miles.
Internship after MBBS in Armenia & Mauritius
MBBS Internship in Armenia
The internship cycle of one year is included in this 6-year MBBS programme.
MBBS Internship in Mauritius
Students can also choose to complete their one-year internships in Mauritius hospitals. If they choose to do an internship, the overall time commitment will be 6 years.
Top Medical Universities in Armenia & Mauritius
List of Top Colleges in Mauritius:
- Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University – Kraków
- Medical University of Bialystok – Białystok
- Medical University of Gdansk – Gdansk
- Medical University of Lodz – Lodz
- Medical University of Lublin – Lublin
- Nicolaus Copernicus University – Toruń
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences – Poznań
- The Medical University of Silesia – Katowice
- The Silesian Piasts Medical University of Wroclaw – Wroclaw
- University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn – Olsztyn
- Warsaw Medical Academy – Warszawa
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Armenia
The pass rate of students taking the FMGE, on the other hand, has been low and continues to be below 20%.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Mauritius
Mauritius has the highest percentage of FMGE pass rate. According to the data, 52 percent (81 out of 154) of Mauritius students pass the FMGE Exam.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Armenia:
- The infrastructure of Armenian colleges is state-of-the-art, with high-class modern technologies. Armenia is the place to go if you want to obtain practical knowledge using all latest and innovative technologies.
- Armenia’s landscape is breathtaking for everyone, regardless of where they come from, their faith, or their nation of origin.
- In comparison to India, the cost of studying MBBS in Armenia is quite affordable.
- In comparison to other countries, obtaining a visa from Armenia is not a difficult task.
- Because schooling is conducted in English, there is no need to worry about passing IELTS or TOEFL.
- As previously said, Armenian colleges do not only provide an MBBS programme, but also other related degrees in the medical profession. Armenia is the ideal option if you want to study something other than MBBS but still stay close to medicine.
- Everything in the Armenian MBBS Colleges is up to par, including a world-class library, canteen facilities, laundry services, and residential accommodations with Wi-Fi.
- Students could also participate in a variety of exchange programme.
- Armenia offers a variety of international scholarships in addition to the inexpensive cost of studying MBBS. A extra point for a student who requires assistance in paying their tuition expenses.
- If students are interested in pursuing a profession in Armenia, they can practice at hospitals during their internship.
- Student safety, which is a worry for many parents, is equally important to Armenian universities and officials, so students should take precautions.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Mauritius:
- The Medical Council of India guides the MBBS curriculum in Mauritius.
- In Mauritius, there are a number of MCI-approved universities that provide MBBS programme.
- Mauritius is a country that speaks English. It also has a lot of Indian influences. A few generations ago, many Indians settled in Mauritius. Strong ties to India and its languages can be seen by students. Many Indian languages, in addition to English, are spoken throughout the country. As a result, Indian students do not feel uncomfortable or ill when they travel abroad.
- Many medical schools employ experienced Indian professors with decades of teaching expertise.
- All students are divided into small groups, which allows for more effective learning and teaching.
- A gift is not requested by any medical institute or college. There is only a tuition price and a hostel fee.
- When compared to India, the cost of schooling is minimal.
- Indian culture may be found all around the country.
- The weather and environment are ideal. It is a pollution-free country, and students have no reason to be concerned about being ill. There are several beaches, a beautiful scenery, and a peaceful mood.
- The language, food, customs, and practices are all quite similar to those found in India. As a result, Indian students find it simple to adjust to the Mauritius environment.
- The people are really kind and easy to mingle with.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Armenia:
Students who complete MBBS in Armenia have a bright future ahead of them because the MBBS degree is internationally recognized and valued. After obtaining their MBBS in Armenia, students have the following employment options:
- After earning an MBBS degree from an Armenian medical university, students can settle in Armenia.
- They can either practice medicine in Armenia or pursue a postgraduate degree in medicine.
- Indian students can return to India to practice medicine, but they must pass the EXIT exam and meet the eligibility requirements.
- They can also enroll in hospital administration courses. Hospital administration is a rapidly expanding field with a bright future.
- MBBS graduates can take the USMLE exam, which is held in the United States.
- They can pursue MD in Germany after completing their MBBS in Armenia.
Scope after MBBS in Mauritius:
Practice Medicine in India
Well, if you’re looking for the highest possible standard of medical education on the African continent, Mauritius should always be on your list. The country is known as India’s best holiday destination, but a medical degree earned in Mauritius is equally valuable, as it is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the rest of the world.
Practice Medicine in Mauritius
Even if you receive your medical degree from a small island nation like Mauritius, you will get the full worth of your degree in India because the degree can get you into India’s top medical institutions. Furthermore, after passing the MCI screening exam with an MBBS degree from Mauritius, you might contemplate establishing your medical practice in India.