Ukraine, country located in eastern Europe, the second largest on the continent after Russia. The capital is Kyiv (Kiev), located on the Dnieper River in north-central Ukraine.
Ukraine is bordered by Belarus to the north, Russia to the east, the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea to the south, Moldova and Romania to the southwest, and Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland to the west. In the far southeast, Ukraine is separated from Russia by the Kerch Strait, which connects the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea.
Nepal is an Asian country located on the Himalayan mountain ranges’ southern slopes. It is a landlocked country bordered on the east, south, and west by India, and on the north by the Tibet Autonomous Region of China. Its region stretches about 500 miles (800 kilometers) east-west and 90 to 150 miles north-south. Kathmandu is the capital.
About Ukraine Government
The President of Ukraine is in charge of the Cabinet, which is overseen by and accountable to the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian parliament). The Prime Minister, the First Vice-Prime Minister, three Vice-Prime Ministers, and other Ministers who lead their respective Ministries make up the Cabinet (departments).
About Nepal Government
The Government of Nepal is the country’s executive and central government. It was officially known as His Majesty’s Government before to the end of the Nepali monarchy in 2006 (the country became a republic in 2008).
Climate Comparison between Ukraine & Nepal
The climate in Ukraine is continental, with cold winters and hot summers. In the summer, daily temperatures can reach 25-30°C
In the winter, daytime temperatures are normally about 0°C, although in certain situations, the temperature can drop to -20°C or lower.
Spring is pleasant, with rain showers and temperatures about 22°C, and lasts from March through May.
The monsoon season lasts from June through August, when the hills grow lush and verdant. During heat waves, temperatures can reach up to 30°C and higher.
Autumn, which runs from September to November, is the most popular trekking season since it is cool and sunny. Temperatures are moderate, with daily maximums of around 25°C and mild evenings with minimums of 10°C.
Winter During the fall and winter seasons, it rarely rains for more than one or two days. It is frigid at night in the winter, from December to February, with temperatures occasionally falling below zero.
Culture in Ukraine & Romania
Culture in Ukraine
It’s difficult to characterize a typical Ukrainian lifestyle. Cities offer a whole different experience. Life, activity, and brisk entrepreneurs abound in bustling urban districts. there are impressive architectural monuments and museums showing works by generations of Ukrainian painters, as well as art galleries featuring contemporary Ukrainian artists in bigger cities.
Culture in Nepal
Nepalese culture Nepal’s Parliament proclaimed the country secular on May 18, 2006. Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Jainism, Sikhism, Bon, ancestor worship, and animism are among the religions practiced in Nepal. Nepalis are predominantly Hindus or Buddhists. Throughout history, the two have coexisted peacefully.
Languages in Ukraine
Ukrainian is the country’s official language; however, students are not required to learn it because English, Russian, and Ukrainian are taught in universities and colleges.
Languages in Nepal
Maithali, Tharu, Bhojpuri, Doteli, Tamang, Tibetan, and Awadhi languages, in addition to English and Nepali, are commonly utilized as a medium of communication and instruction in Nepali classrooms, particularly in basic schools.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Ukraine
Ukraine is incredibly safe for both native and international students because it is a tolerant society. The government of Ukraine ensures that students are protected throughout their stay in the country.
Safe & Security in Nepal
- Nepal is widely thought to be safer than its southern neighbor, India, and to have a strong openness to diverse cultures (on a separate note). This indicates that Nepal is typically secure for female lone travelers.
- While studying an MBBS in Nepal, international students do not need to be concerned about their safety because the majority of Nepalese people are god-fearing and welcoming to visitors from other nations.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Ukraine
Medical schools in Ukraine have a relatively low fee structure. In Ukraine, the total tuition fees for an MBBS course range from USD 3,500 to $5,000 each year.
Cost of MBBS Education in Nepal
The cost of an MBBS degree in Nepal is reasonable. In most medical institutes in Nepal, the MBBS fees range from 46 to 75 lakh for the entire term.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Ukraine
For international students, the cost of living in Ukraine is extremely difficult to beat. To live comfortably while travelling throughout Ukraine, you’ll need about $1,200 to $1,500 per year in living expenses.
Cost of Living in Nepal
Nepal is unquestionably a low-cost destination. The cost of a room in a hostel might range from Rs 7,000 to Rs 12,000, depending on the service given and the number of people sharing.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Ukraine & Nepal
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Ukraine
Eligibility for MBBS in Ukraine for Indian candidates includes passing the NEET test and having a valid NEET score. Although it may appear that the rest of the eligibility standards are strict, they are actually rather lenient and loosened for the candidates.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Nepal
MECEE UG is a nationwide entrance test for admission to all Nepalese universities and medical institutes. For medical treatments in Nepal, applicants must pass the NEET exam.
Intakes for MBBS in Ukraine & Nepal
MBBS Intakes in Ukraine
The first week of September marks the start of MBBS classes in Ukraine. The majority of students make their decisions after taking the entrance exam. To get into one of Ukraine’s top medical schools, apply in the middle of July or August.
MBBS Intakes in Nepal
Two semesters make up each academic year at a Russian medical university for MBBS students. Every year in September, there is just one intake for multiple Nepal MBBS colleges.
Duration of MBBS in Ukraine & Nepal
MBBS Duration in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the MBBS curriculum lasts six years. Admission to a medical university in Ukraine does not require an entrance examination.
MBBS Duration in Nepal
The total time commitment is 4 & 1/2 years (four and a half years) for the academy and 1 year (one year) for the internship. MBBS duration totally 5 years and 6 months in nepal
Distance from India
Ukraine from India Travel Time
India and Ukraine are 5,241 kilometers apart. Between India and Kyiv (Ukraine’s capital), the average flight time is 7 hours and 50 minutes
Nepal from India Travel Time
The distance between Kathmandu and New Delhi is about 820 kilometers (509 miles). The shortest flight time between New Delhi and Kathmandu is 1 hour 45 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Ukraine & Nepal
MBBS Internship in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the MBBS programme lasts six years, including the internship. Many Ukrainian colleges require three years of internship in addition to the course, while others only allow one year of internship.
MBBS Internship in Nepal
In Nepal, the MBBS programme lasts five and a half years. Students must complete an internship programme in the college or university’s clinics or hospitals during their final year (one year).
Top Medical Universities in Ukraine & Nepal
List of Top Colleges in Ukraine:
- Bukovinian State Medical University – Chernivtsi
- Lviv National Medical University – Lviv
- Kharkiv National Medical University – Kharkiv
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University – Kharkiv
- Bogomolets National Medical University – Kyiv
- Ternopil National Medical University – Ternopil
- Vinnitsa National Medical University – Vinnytsia
- Kyiv Medical University – Kyiv
- Poltava State Medical University
- Uzhhorod National University – Uzhhorod
List of Top Colleges in Nepal:
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences – Dharan
- Nobel Medical College – Biratnagar
- National Medical College – Birgunj
- Nepalganj Medical School – Banke
- Lumbini Medical College – Tansen
- Gandaki Medical College – Kathmandu
- Janaki Medical College – Janakpur
- Kathmandu Medical College – Kathmandu
- School of Medical Sciences – Panauti
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Students who wish to practice medicine in India after completing their MBBS in Ukraine must pass the FMGE exam. According to the data, MCI’s passing percentage in the FMGE December 2019 attempt was around 25%.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Nepal
FMGE is a programme for Indian medical graduates who obtained their MBBS outside of India. Nepalese students have a pass rate of around 35%. It is on par with China and significantly higher than other countries.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Ukraine:
- Because you will be taking a screening test conducted by MCI after completing your MBBS in Ukraine, you can get any job that a student who has completed their MBBS in India can get. You will be able to practice medicine in India once you have passed this exam.
- That means you and anyone who has completed an MBBS in India will be evaluated on an equal footing for any job opportunity in India, both government and private sector.
- Only your own competence will matter in getting selected for the best jobs, and for a student studying at one of Ukraine’s Top Universities, only your own personal interest in learning will be your limitation.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Nepal:
- Apart from the various benefits, choosing medicine in Nepal is advantageous for Indian students because the country has a large number of MCI-approved medical colleges. As a result, it is a bonus for Indian aspirants.
- In every way, MCI certified colleges in Nepal will provide a similar study curriculum.
- The availability of highly skilled Indian lecturers and faculty staff at Nepalese colleges would make you feel at home and in a welcoming environment, which may surprise many Indian students.
- With same course content and a similar study regimen, Nepalese autonomous institutions can help you pass MCI screening tests with high passing rates. It has been noticed that Nepalese graduates have a better passing rate than students from other nations.
- Another advantage of Nepalese institutions is that applicants for admission are not needed to pass an entrance examination. Students can apply to Nepal colleges without having to take any kind of admission exam or competency test.
- The tuition fees structure for a medical education, on the other hand, is cost effective and can be readily paid by average family students. The cost of studying MBBS in Nepal is only one-fourth that of a private college in India. International students can also pay in instalments at some Nepalese colleges.
- Nepal also has the advantage of not requiring a visa. Because of the amicable connections between India and Nepal, Indian students intending to study in Nepal do not need to present a Student Visa, and they can travel to and from any location in Nepal without a visa. For the sake of safety, Indian students should bring their passports.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Ukraine:
Practice Medicine in India
If students graduate from an MBBS programme in Ukraine and wish to practice medicine in India, they must pass the FMGE, or Medical Licensing Examination, which is an obligatory exam for foreign medical graduates who want to practice medicine in the country. This test is used to determine the students’ abilities and competencies as future doctors. The FMGE takes place twice a year, in December and July. Students interested in becoming doctors in India can apply for any FMGE exam session. To be a qualified doctor, there is no age limit or minimum ranking. Students that take the exam must, however, receive at least 50% of the total marks in order to pass.
Practice Medicine in USA
To practice medicine in the United States, students who have graduated from one of Ukraine’s top medical universities must pass the USMLE exam. However, in order to become a qualified medical practitioner in the United States, students must complete a post-graduate school in the United States or another nation.
After completing their MBBS in Ukraine, students can enroll in a post-graduate programme to specialize in their subject of interest in medicine. Graduates of the MBBS programme can continue their education in any country. Students pursuing post-graduate medical programme outside of the United States and Canada should ensure that their university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools as meeting ECFMG eligibility requirements.
Opportunity in Hospital Management
Hospital Management is a fast-growing sector that offers job opportunities for those with a medical background. Students can pursue a Masters in Hospital Management after completing their MBBS in Ukraine.
Scope after MBBS in Nepal:
Practice Medicine in India
Nepal’s medical institutions and universities offer internationally recognized degrees that allow graduates to practice medicine anywhere in the globe. There are numerous advantages, as we have already stated. As an Indian with an MBBS from Nepal, you can immediately begin clinical practice after passing the FMGE.
Practice Medicine in Nepal
For Nepali/Foreign doctors working in Nepal on a Temporary/Permanent basis, the Nepal Medical Council provides a good standing certificate. Any foreign doctor who engages in clinical, academic, or volunteer activities without first registering will face penalties under the NMC Act.
Post-Graduation in Nepal
For the duration of their studies in Nepal, candidates must be provincially registered with the Nepal Medical Council (NMC). Should be registered with the Medical Council of the nation in question. Students must have received a minimum of 50% on the MECEE PG admission exams.
Post-Graduation in USA
It means that after completing your MBBS in Nepal, you can pursue a PG degree (MD/MS) in the United States without having to pass the MCI exam. The PG degree earned in the United States is recognized in both India and the United States. The most significant advantage of completing MD/MS is that you would not be required to take the MCI screening test before or after MBBS in another country.