Ukraine, country located in eastern Europe, the second largest on the continent after Russia. The capital is Kyiv (Kiev), located on the Dnieper River in north-central Ukraine.
Ukraine is bordered by Belarus to the north, Russia to the east, the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea to the south, Moldova and Romania to the southwest, and Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland to the west. In the far southeast, Ukraine is separated from Russia by the Kerch Strait, which connects the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea.
Malaysia is a country in Southeast Asia that is divided into two noncontiguous regions: Peninsular Malaysia (Semenanjung Malaysia), also known as West Malaysia (Malaysia Barat), on the Malay Peninsula, and East Malaysia (Malaysia Timur), on the island of Borneo. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia’s capital is located on the western side of the peninsula, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) from the shore; Putrajaya, the administrative Centre, is about 16 miles (25 kilometers) south of the city.
About Ukraine Government
The President of Ukraine is in charge of the Cabinet, which is overseen by and accountable to the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian parliament). The Prime Minister, the First Vice-Prime Minister, three Vice-Prime Ministers, and other Ministers who lead their respective Ministries make up the Cabinet (departments).
About Malaysia Government
Malaysia is a representative democracy made up of 13 states that operate under a constitutional monarchy based on the Westminster system. Malaysia’s federal government is governed by the Federal Constitution of Malaysia, which is the supreme law of the land.
Climate Comparison between Ukraine & Malaysia
The climate in Ukraine is continental, with cold winters and hot summers. In the summer, daily temperatures can reach 25-30°C
In the winter, daytime temperatures are normally about 0°C, although in certain situations, the temperature can drop to -20°C or lower.
Malaysia’s climate is classified as tropical because it is located near the equator and is hot and humid all year.
The average annual rainfall is 250 centimeters (98 in) and the average temperature is 27 degrees Celsius (80.6 degrees Fahrenheit).
Culture in Ukraine & Malaysia
Culture in Ukraine
It’s difficult to characterize a typical Ukrainian lifestyle. Cities offer a whole different experience. Life, activity, and brisk entrepreneurs abound in bustling urban districts. there are impressive architectural monuments and museums showing works by generations of Ukrainian painters, as well as art galleries featuring contemporary Ukrainian artists in bigger cities.
Culture in Malaysia
Malaysians are a mix of Chinese, Indian, and indigenous Malay influences. The Malays are the largest ethnic group in Malaysia, and they follow both Islamic and Malay customs, as well as speaking the Malay language.
Languages in Ukraine
Medical schools in Ukraine have a relatively low fee structure. In Ukraine, the total tuition fees for an MBBS course range from USD 3,500 to $5,000 each year.
Languages in Malaysia
Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil are the three main languages spoken in Malaysia. Malaysia is home to 137 live languages, making it one of the most diverse countries in the world.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Ukraine
China is safest country for pursuing medicine. China is extremely safe. While strolling down the street, you are unconcerned about gunshots.
Safe & Security in Malaysia
- International students can feel safe in this country. According to the Global Peace Index, Malaysia is the 29th most peaceful country in the world, out of a total of 163.
- For travellers who love to travel, this is a fantastic destination. Students can earn degrees from countries such as the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Ukraine
MBBS fees in China start at Rs. 2,00,000 per year and cost roughly 10 lakh rupees for a five-year programme.
Cost of MBBS Education in Malaysia
Malaysia is well-known for its highly qualified teachers and the structure of its education system. MBBS from Malaysian medical colleges is very reasonable, ranging from Rs9 lakhs to Rs25 lakhs depending on the university.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Ukraine
For international students, the cost of living in Ukraine is extremely difficult to beat. To live comfortably while travelling throughout Ukraine, you’ll need about $1,200 to $1,500 per year in living expenses.
Cost of Living in Malaysia
Tuition fees range from INR 2,91,000 to 4,36,000 per year, while the cost of living in Malaysia for international students is INR 29,115 to 50,951 per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Ukraine & Malaysia
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Ukraine
Eligibility for MBBS in Ukraine for Indian candidates includes passing the NEET test and having a valid NEET score. Although it may appear that the rest of the eligibility standards are strict, they are actually rather lenient and loosened for the candidates.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Malaysia
Medical colleges in Malaysia do not require an entrance exam (Only NEET Qualification is sufficient).
Intakes for MBBS in Ukraine & Malaysia
MBBS Intakes in Ukraine
The first week of September marks the start of MBBS classes in Ukraine. The majority of students make their decisions after taking the entrance exam. To get into one of Ukraine’s top medical schools, apply in the middle of July or August.
MBBS Intakes in Malaysia
While particular dates differ depending on the study program and the university where you wish to enroll, keep in mind that there are two main intakes: the September intake and the June intake. The February intake, with November application deadlines.
Duration of MBBS in Ukraine & Malaysia
MBBS Duration in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the MBBS curriculum lasts six years. Admission to a medical university in Ukraine does not require an entrance examination.
MBBS Duration in Malaysia
In Malaysia, the MBBS programme lasts 5 years. Both pre-clinical and clinical disciplines are covered in the Malaysian MBBS programme for Indian students.
Distance from India
Ukraine from India Travel Time
India and Ukraine are 5,241 kilometers apart. Between India and Kyiv (Ukraine’s capital), the average flight time is 7 hours and 50 minutes
Malaysia from India Travel Time
India and Malaysia are 3,081 kilometers apart. The average flight time from India to Malaysia’s capital, Kuala Lumpur, is 5 hours and 15 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Ukraine & Malaysia
MBBS Internship in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the MBBS programme lasts six years, including the internship. Many Ukrainian colleges require three years of internship in addition to the course, while others only allow one year of internship.
MBBS Internship in Malaysia
Every student must complete a five-year programme that includes pre-clinical, clinical, and an one year internship or clinical clerkship.
Top Medical Universities in Ukraine & Malaysia
List of Top Colleges in Ukraine:
- Bukovinian State Medical University – Chernivtsi
- Lviv National Medical University – Lviv
- Kharkiv National Medical University – Kharkiv
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University – Kharkiv
- Bogomolets National Medical University – Kyiv
- Ternopil National Medical University – Ternopil
- Vinnitsa National Medical University – Vinnytsia
- Kyiv Medical University – Kyiv
- Poltava State Medical University
- Uzhhorod National University – Uzhhorod
List of Top Colleges in Malaysia:
- AIMST University – Bedong
- Asia Metropolitan University – Masai
- Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences – Cyberjaya
- International Medical University – Kuala Lumpur
- Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences – Subang Jaya
- Lincoln University College – Kelantan
- Mahsa University – Selangor
- Management & Science University, Shah Alam Campus – Selangor
- Newcastle University Medicine – Johor
- Perdana University – Kuala Lumpur
- Quest International University – Ipoh
- SEGI University – Petaling Jaya
- Taylors University – Subang Jaya
- Universiti Sains Malaysia – George Town
- University of Malaya – Kuala Lumpur
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Students who wish to practice medicine in India after completing their MBBS in Ukraine must pass the FMGE exam. According to the data, MCI’s passing percentage in the FMGE December 2019 attempt was around 25%.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Malaysia
The pass rate of Malaysian medical college students taking the FMGE has been extremely low, and it continues to be below 20%.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Ukraine:
- Because you will be taking a screening test conducted by MCI after completing your MBBS in Ukraine, you can get any job that a student who has completed their MBBS in India can get. You will be able to practice medicine in India once you have passed this exam.
- That means you and anyone who has completed an MBBS in India will be evaluated on an equal footing for any job opportunity in India, both government and private sector.
- Only your own competence will matter in getting selected for the best jobs, and for a student studying at one of Ukraine’s Top Universities, only your own personal interest in learning will be your limitation.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Malaysia:
- Malaysia is the closest country to India, with a flying time of 4-5 hours.
- Due to its proximity to India, cheap aero plane tickets are available.
- Indian students may readily return to their home country in the event of an emergency, and parents can go to Malaysia to accompany their children because it is close by and less expensive to travel.
- Malaysia’s top medical universities have been approved by the MCI.
- Education of a high standard
- Malaysian MBBS tuition fees are reasonable.
- Students can apply whether or not they have taken the IELTS exam.
- There are less visa issues.
- Malaysia has a low cost of living for Indian students.
- A large percentage of Malaysians speak Tamil, which is one of the main reasons why Indian students from Kerala and Tamil Nadu prefer to study medicine in Malaysia.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Ukraine:
Practice Medicine in India
If students graduate from an MBBS programme in Ukraine and wish to practice medicine in India, they must pass the FMGE, or Medical Licensing Examination, which is an obligatory exam for foreign medical graduates who want to practice medicine in the country. This test is used to determine the students’ abilities and competencies as future doctors. The FMGE takes place twice a year, in December and July. Students interested in becoming doctors in India can apply for any FMGE exam session. To be a qualified doctor, there is no age limit or minimum ranking. Students that take the exam must, however, receive at least 50% of the total marks in order to pass.
Practice Medicine in USA
To practice medicine in the United States, students who have graduated from one of Ukraine’s top medical universities must pass the USMLE exam. However, in order to become a qualified medical practitioner in the United States, students must complete a post-graduate school in the United States or another nation.
After completing their MBBS in Ukraine, students can enroll in a post-graduate programme to specialize in their subject of interest in medicine. Graduates of the MBBS programme can continue their education in any country. Students pursuing post-graduate medical programme outside of the United States and Canada should ensure that their university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools as meeting ECFMG eligibility requirements.
Opportunity in Hospital Management
Hospital Management is a fast-growing sector that offers job opportunities for those with a medical background. Students can pursue a Masters in Hospital Management after completing their MBBS in Ukraine.
Scope after MBBS in Malaysia:
Scope after MBBS in both countries (India & Malaysia):
- Government Jobs in health services departments.
- Defense Services: Jobs in Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Employment in Hospital Chains.
- Opportunities in Research and Academics.
- Career in Health Administration/Hospital Management.
- Biomedical Engineering and Sciences.
PG Options after MBBS in Malaysia:
Students can pursue MD or MS degrees in the United States after finishing the MBBS program in Malaysia. This postgraduate degree is recognized not only in the United States but also in India. Students can also pursue MD/MS degrees in Germany.