Philippines is a Southeast Asian island nation in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of about 7,000 islands and islets located around 500 miles (800 kilometers) off the coast of Vietnam. Although Manila is the country’s capital, Quezon City is its most populous city. Both are located on Luzon, the largest island, and are part of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila). Mindanao, the Philippines’ second largest island, is located in the southeast.
Kyrgyzstan is a Central Asian country. It is bordered on the northwest and north by Kazakhstan, on the east and south by China, and on the south and west by Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The majority of Kyrgyzstan’s boundaries follow mountain ridges. Bishkek is the capital (known from 1862 to 1926 as Pishpek and from 1926 to 1991 as Frunze).
Nearly three-quarters of the population are Kyrgyz, a Muslim Turkic group. The Kyrgyz have a long history in what is now Kyrgyzstan, dating back to the 17th century. In the 19th century, tsarist Russian soldiers captured Kyrgyzstan, which was known as Kirgiziya under Russian and Soviet control.
About Philippines Government
The Philippines’ national government is known as the Government of the Philippines. It is governed as a unitary state under a presidential representative, democratic, and constitutional republic, with the President serving as both the country’s head of state and the country’s head of government under a pluriform multi-party system.
About Kyrgyzstan Government
Kyrgyzstan is a multiparty unitary republic with a single parliamentary chamber. Its 1993 constitution, which replaced the Soviet-era constitution in force since 1978, acknowledged a wide range of citizen rights and freedoms. It created the legislative, executive, and judicial departments of government, as well as the president’s right to use a nationwide vote to implement critical policies or constitutional modifications.
Climate Comparison between Philippines & Kyrgyzstan
The Philippines has a tropical and marine climate. It is marked by high temperatures, high humidity, and a lot of rain.
The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius, and the warmest month is May, with a mean temperature of 28.3 degrees Celsius.
The first hot days arrive in May and June, and the spring is often pleasant. Summer temperatures average 31 degrees Celsius (87.8 degrees Fahrenheit), though they can reach 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit). Air conditioning is available in many areas, although not all.
The temperature dips to an average of -10° C (14° F) in the winter, and snow is prevalent. Because the temperatures are frigid but not painfully cold, there are several ski bases and options for winter sports in Issyk-Kul.
Summer temperatures average 31 degrees Celsius (87.8 degrees Fahrenheit), though they can reach 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit). Air conditioning is available in many areas, although not all.
Culture in Philippines & Kyrgyzstan
Culture in Georgia
The Philippines is a country where East and West collide. Filipinos have a distinct Asian heritage as well as a strong Western tradition. Chinese traders, Spanish conquistadors, and American rulers all had an impact on modern Filipino society.
Culture in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan’s culture is a diverse blend of ethnic groups and cultures, with the Kyrgyz being the majority. The 40-rayed golden sun in the Centre of the flag represents the 40 Kyrgyz clans, according to popular belief. A yurt is thought to be represented by the lines inside the sun.
Languages in Philippines
Filipino, English, and Spanish are the three official languages of the Philippines. More than a dozen regional languages are spoken throughout the archipelago.
Languages in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan’s official languages are Russian and Kyrgyz. Kyrgyzstan is one of just two former Soviet countries in Central Asia that maintains Russian as its official language. On September 1, 1991, after the country’s independence, Kyrgyz was designated as a second official language.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Philippines
Although the Philippines is a safe country and a great place to visit, you should always be alert of your surroundings when travelling anywhere in the globe. You cannot keep your passports, identification cards, and credit cards on you at all times.
Safe & Security in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan is a popular location for Indian students interested in pursuing a medical career, with colleges and universities located in the country’s major cities and adequate student amenities. First and foremost, Kyrgyzstan is a safe country for visitors, particularly Indians, to visit and remain in.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Philippines
MBBS college expenses in the Philippines range from 12 to 20 lacs. Every year, about 8000 people apply to medical schools in the Philippines.
Cost of MBBS Education in Kyrgyzstan
For Indian students, the total MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan range from 13 lacs to 22 lacs for the whole MBBS degree. It is one of the primary reasons why Indian students chose Kyrgyzstan as their MBBS study abroad destination. The medical school program lasts 5 years and is taught in English.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Philippines
The average monthly cost of living in the Philippines for a single person is around 28,200PHP ($580), excluding rent.
Cost of Living in Kyrgyzstan
Without rent, a family of four would spend $1,267 ($107,469сoм) every month. Without rent, a single person’s projected monthly costs are 356$ (30,184сом). Kyrgyzstan has a 64.24 percent cheaper cost of living than the United States. The average rent in Kyrgyzstan is 80.13 percent less than in the United States.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines & Kyrgyzstan
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines
Candidates interested in studying medicine in the Philippines must pass the NEET exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
The minimal MBBS eligibility criteria in Kyrgyzstan for admission of an Indian student to a medical university in Kyrgyzstan are as follows: In India, there are no entrance exams such as IELTS or SAT.
Intakes for MBBS in Philippines & Kyrgyzstan
MBBS Intakes in Philippines
In the Philippines, there are two intakes for university admissions: one in June and one in November. In the Philippines, the academic year for MBBS courses usually starts in September.
MBBS Intakes in Kyrgyzstan
In most cases, the MBBS study intake begins in September. It would be wonderful if you submitted your application during the month of July. Classes for MBBS Abroad Kyrgyzstan studies often begin in October. In Kyrgyzstan, there are only a few places available for MBBS students.
Duration of MBBS in Philippines & Kyrgyzstan
MBBS Duration in Philippines
In the Philippines, MBBS takes Five years to complete. The entire program consists of 4 years of medical school and one year of internship, which can be completed on campus or in India.
MBBS Duration in Kyrgyzstan
In Kyrgyzstan, the entire MBBS programme takes six years to finish. The first five years of MBBS are devoted to teaching the fundamentals of medical science and clinical research, while the last year is entirely dedicated to hands-on training at affiliated hospitals.
Distance from India
Philippines from India Travel Time
India and the Philippines are separated by 4774 kilometers. Between India and Manila (Philippines’ capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Kyrgyzstan from India Travel Time
It takes 3 hours and 20 minutes to fly from New Delhi to Bishkek.
Internship after MBBS in Philippines & Kyrgyzstan
MBBS Internship in Philippines
Medical graduates must do one year of internship in accredited hospitals and health centers after acquiring their Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree through a four-year programme.
MBBS Internship in Kyrgyzstan
To complete the course in KYRGYZSTAN, students must complete five years of classroom training and one year of internship training.
Top Medical Universities in Philippines & Kyrgyzstan
List of Top Colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine – Makati
- Angeles University Foundation – Pampanga
- Davao Medical School Foundation – Davao
- Lyceum-Northwestern University – Dagupan
- Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) – Valenzuela
- University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH)
- UV Gullas College of Medicine – Las Piñas
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – San Carlos City
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Philippines
FMGE is administered twice a year, with a passing score of 50%. But, the pass percentage of FMGE is not very encouraging.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Kyrgyztan
Indian students studying medicine in Kyrgyzstan cleared FMGE at a rate of 12.9 percent on average.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS, students in the Philippines are awarded a medical degree that is recognized globally.
- In the Right Direction Medical colleges and universities in the Philippines offer MBBS courses in English, allowing students to communicate with one another.
- In the Right Direction the MCI has approved medical institutions and universities in the Philippines (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- In the Right Direction Students who completed their MBBS in the Philippines can practice in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- In the Right Direction To provide better exposure to future medical practitioners, the faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities uses a unified problem-based learning method.
- In the Right Direction After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can begin studying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) in order to pursue a PG programme in the United States.
- In the Right Direction for Indian students, the Philippines is a very safe place to study, and the atmosphere is equally safe.
- In the Right Direction in the Philippines, there is no necessity to pay a contribution or capitation fee in order to enroll in an MBBS programme.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Kyrgyztan :
Medical courses are available at a reasonable rate at Egyptian universities. Because most colleges in Egypt are state-funded, the overall cost of completing an MBBS program in Egypt is comparatively affordable when compared to India. The universities also have a scholarship program for qualified students. These universities are also well-known by the National Medical Council and the World Health Organization.
Easy Visa Application: Obtaining a visa for Egypt does not require months or years of waiting. Their documentation procedure is straightforward, and your application will be processed quickly. Simply obtain your invitation letter, apply for a visa, and you will have it within two weeks.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.
Scope after MBBS in Kyrgyztan:
Scope after MBBS in both countries (India &Kyrgyzstan):
- For Indian students, studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan opens them a world of possibilities.
- MD is awarded to Indian medical students and other students who complete their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. They become fully qualified to take a variety of tests, including the PLAB, USMLE, and NMC screening exams, which are organized by the National Board of Examinations, India, in accordance with NMC directives.
- Students can also practice in government-affiliated hospitals or start their own practice by establishing a private clinic. Students can pursue post-graduate studies in Kyrgyzstan or elsewhere.
- In Kyrgyzstan, an MBBS doctor can earn up to $11,200 per year, or $933 per month, or Rs.7.84 lakhs per year. This translates to a monthly compensation of roughly Rs.65,000 per month.
- You can work as a full-time doctor at a government hospital or as a duty medical officer in the private sector, depending on your qualifications.
- By taking the PG entrance exam, you can apply for postgraduate programs. The length of a postgraduate course varies depending on specialization; for example, a three-year MD/MS program will take three years, while a two-year diploma or DNB program will take two years.
- You might also apply for positions in research institutes that pay well.
PG Options after MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
- Students can pursue a postgraduate degree at Kyrgyzstan’s finest universities.
- You can continue your education here if you choose.
- You will have the opportunity to pursue a PhD degree in this country.
- You can get direct admission to MD in Kyrgyzstan after completing your MBBS here.
- For PG admission in this country, you do not need to take any exams.
- The post-graduate fee structure is less expensive here, at 4500 USD each year.