Russia is a huge country that reaches across eastern Europe and northern Asia. After the breakup of the Soviet Union in December 1991, Russia, once the preeminent republic of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR; usually known as the Soviet Union), became an independent country.
Superlatives abound in Russia. It is by far the world’s largest country, covering about double the area of Canada, the world’s second-largest country. It stretches throughout northern Asia and the eastern third of Europe, spanning 11 time zones and encompassing a diverse range of ecosystems and landforms, including deserts, semiarid steppes, deep woods, and Arctic tundra. The Volga, Europe’s longest river, and Ladoga, Russia’s largest lake, are both located in Russia. Russia is also home to Baikal, the world’s deepest lake, and the world’s coldest temperature outside of the North and South poles.
Ukraine, country located in eastern Europe, the second largest on the continent after Russia. The capital is Kyiv (Kiev), located on the Dnieper River in north-central Ukraine.
Ukraine is bordered by Belarus to the north, Russia to the east, the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea to the south, Moldova and Romania to the southwest, and Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland to the west. In the far southeast, Ukraine is separated from Russia by the Kerch Strait, which connects the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea.
About Russia Government
The Russian Federation’s executive power is exercised by the Russian government. The Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Ministers, and the Federal Ministers make up the government. It is based on the Russian Federation’s Constitution and the federal constitutional law “On the Russian Federation’s Government.” The Russian Government Apparatus is a governmental organization in charge of overseeing the government’s operations.
About Ukraine Government
The President of Ukraine is in charge of the Cabinet, which is overseen by and accountable to the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian parliament). The Prime Minister, the First Vice-Prime Minister, three Vice-Prime Ministers, and other Ministers who lead their respective Ministries make up the Cabinet (departments).
Climate Comparison between Russia & Ukraine
Russia is the world’s largest country in terms of land area. Around one-eighth of the territory is covered by the country. Several determining factors influence the climate of Russia.
The continental climate dominates due to the vast size of the country and the isolation of many parts from the sea. Except for the tundra and the far southeast, such a climate prevails in European and Asian Russia.
Most parts of Russia in European Russia, in the south of West Siberia, and in the south of the Russian Far East, including the cities of Moscow and Saint Petersburg, have a humid continental climate due to the temperate control of the Atlantic or Pacific.
The climate in Ukraine is continental, with cold winters and hot summers. In the summer, daily temperatures can reach 25-30°C
In the winter, daytime temperatures are normally about 0°C, although in certain situations, the temperature can drop to -20°C or lower.
Culture in Russia & Ukraine
Culture in Russia
Russia has a long history of literary and artistic accomplishments. Leo Tolstoy, Anton Chekhov, Feodor Dostoevsky, and Piotr Tchaikovsky, to mention a few, were all Russian writers, thinkers, and artists. Most Russian cities have national and international ballet, music performances, art exhibitions, and cinemas. Not to include the Kremlin, Red Square, and Lake Baikal, Russia has a total of 26 World UNESCO Heritage Sites.
Culture in Ukraine
It’s difficult to characterize a typical Ukrainian lifestyle. Cities offer a whole different experience. Life, activity, and brisk entrepreneurs abound in bustling urban districts. there are impressive architectural monuments and museums showing works by generations of Ukrainian painters, as well as art galleries featuring contemporary Ukrainian artists in bigger cities.
Languages in Russia
It is the most widely spoken Slavic language. Belarusian and Ukrainian are its closest relatives. In the Russian Federation, Russian is the primary language. Leading Russian institutions frequently offer English-language Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme.
Languages in Ukraine
Ukrainian is the country’s official language; however, students are not required to learn it because English, Russian, and Ukrainian are taught in universities and colleges.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Russia
- Russia, like all other countries in the globe, does not have a crime rate of zero. The well-equipped Russian police do their best to preserve peace and order in the country and protect the safety of both people and visitors.
- Apart from state-level safety norms, all Russian universities and educational institutions have adequate safety measures in place to offer a safe and secure atmosphere for students.
Safe & Security in Ukraine
Ukraine is incredibly safe for both native and international students because it is a tolerant society. The government of Ukraine ensures that students are protected throughout their stay in the country.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Russia
In Russia, MBBS is relatively affordable. In Russia, the average cost of an MBBS degree is roughly 4000 USD per year. For a 6-year course, this equates to around 2,75,000 Rupees.
Cost of MBBS Education in Ukraine
Medical schools in Ukraine have a relatively low fee structure. In Ukraine, the total tuition fees for an MBBS course range from USD 3,500 to $5,000 each year.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Russia
Student housing in Russia can cost anything from RUB 150 to RUB 35,000 per depending on where you stay, the amenities, and the sort of accommodations you pick.
Cost of Living in Ukraine
For international students, the cost of living in Ukraine is extremely difficult to beat. To live comfortably while travelling throughout Ukraine, you’ll need about $1,200 to $1,500 per year in living expenses.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia & Egypt
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia
In Russia, medical education allows for straight MBBS admission without the need for an entrance exam. For MBBS and BDS admissions in Russia, Indian students must pass the NEET Exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Ukraine
Eligibility for MBBS in Ukraine for Indian candidates includes passing the NEET test and having a valid NEET score. Although it may appear that the rest of the eligibility standards are strict, they are actually rather lenient and loosened for the candidates.
Intakes for MBBS in Russia & Ukraine
MBBS Intakes in Russia
In most Russian universities, the admissions procedure for MBBS studies begins in the month of September. Some colleges also begin MBBS admission in Russia in the month of March.
MBBS Intakes in Ukraine
The first week of September marks the start of MBBS classes in Ukraine. The majority of students make their decisions after taking the entrance exam. To get into one of Ukraine’s top medical schools, apply in the middle of July or August.
Duration of MBBS in Russia & Ukraine
MBBS Duration in Russia
According to European norms, MBBS in Russia is a 6-year programme that includes 5 years of academic education and 1 year of internship.
MBBS Duration in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the MBBS curriculum lasts six years. Admission to a medical university in Ukraine does not require an entrance examination.
Distance from India
Russia from India Travel Time
India and Russia are 4651.45 kilometers apart (2890 miles). The flying time between India and Russia is 6 hours and 28 minutes.
Ukraine from India Travel Time
India and Ukraine are 5,241 kilometers apart. Between India and Kyiv (Ukraine’s capital), the average flight time is 7 hours and 50 minutes
Internship after MBBS in Russia & Ukraine
MBBS Internship in Russia
In Russia, the study lasts six years and includes one-year additional practical instruction. After finishing 6 years in Russia, FMGE Preparations take 6 months, followed by a year of internship.
MBBS Internship in Ukraine
In Ukraine, the MBBS programme lasts six years, including the internship. Many Ukrainian colleges require three years of internship in addition to the course, while others only allow one year of internship.
Top Medical Universities in Russia & Ukraine
List of Top Colleges in Russia:
- Altai State Medical University – Barnaul
- Bashkir State University – Ufa
- Crimea State Medical University – Simferopol
- Dagestan State Medical University – Makhachkala
- Far Eastern Federal University – Vladivostok
- First Moscow State Medical University – Moscow
- Kazan Federal University – Kazan
- Kazan State Medical University – Kazan
- Kuban State Medical University – Krasnodar
- Kursk State Medical University – Kursk
- Mari State University – Yoshkar-Ola
- Mordovia State University – Saransk
- Omsk State Medical University – Omsk
- Peoples’ Friendship University – Moscow
- Perm State University – Perm
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University – Moscow
- Rostov State Medical University – Rostov on Don
- Siberian State Medical University – Tomsk
- Ulyanovsk State University – Ulyanovsk
- Volgograd State Medical University – Volgograd
List of Top Colleges in Ukraine:
- Bukovinian State Medical University – Chernivtsi
- Lviv National Medical University – Lviv
- Kharkiv National Medical University – Kharkiv
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University – Kharkiv
- Bogomolets National Medical University – Kyiv
- Ternopil National Medical University – Ternopil
- Vinnitsa National Medical University – Vinnytsia
- Kyiv Medical University – Kyiv
- Poltava State Medical University
- Uzhhorod National University – Uzhhorod
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Russia
According to statistics, only 16 percent of Russian pupils qualified for this examination. The FMGE examination for a license was taken by 13,364 medical graduates in the previous year. However, around 2767 pupils have qualified for this exam.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Students who wish to practice medicine in India after completing their MBBS in Ukraine must pass the FMGE exam. According to the data, MCI’s passing percentage in the FMGE December 2019 attempt was around 25%.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Russia:
- Russia is an ideal option for Indian students to study MBBS because there is no requirement for an entrance exam or a donation to gain admission to Russian universities.
- The admissions process is basic and straightforward. The tuition is modest and subsidized.
- The degrees conferred by Russian Medical Universities are internationally recognized, since they have been authorized by all of the world’s leading medical bodies.
- There is good food and lodging available, as well as Indian canteens in most of the universities.
- They offer MCI Coaching at Russian Medical Universities, with excellent outcomes.
- students that have graduated from the universities now work in some of the world’s most prestigious hospitals.
- Graduates are employed not just in India, but also in Australia, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and other important countries across the world.
- There is also an extremely slim probability of VISA denial. All of the universities are run by the government.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Ukraine:
- Because you will be taking a screening test conducted by MCI after completing your MBBS in Ukraine, you can get any job that a student who has completed their MBBS in India can get. You will be able to practice medicine in India once you have passed this exam.
- That means you and anyone who has completed an MBBS in India will be evaluated on an equal footing for any job opportunity in India, both government and private sector.
- Only your own competence will matter in getting selected for the best jobs, and for a student studying at one of Ukraine’s Top Universities, only your own personal interest in learning will be your limitation.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Russia:
Practice Medicine in India
After completing an MBBS in Russia, practicing medicine in India opens you a plethora of opportunities. To begin, the graduate must take the Medical Council of India Screening Test (MCI Screening Test), commonly known as the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE), which is administered by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India following graduation or completion of the 6-year study. Foreign medical students must pass the MCI screening test in order to become qualified doctors.
This examination takes place twice a year, in June and December. Graduate students must do a one-year required internship after passing the MCI Screening Test. Students receive hands-on instruction during their internship to help them polish their skills before they are officially recognized as doctors.
Practice Medicine in Russia
If students desire to pursue a medical career after completing their MBBS education, Russia is the best option. Candidates who complete MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to work in any Russian hospitals or private nursing homes. Students, on the other hand, can work at any government hospital after completing their MBBS programme.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
Students who have finished their MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to pursue post-graduate studies in other countries without interruption. Furthermore, students can gain MD admission in this country if they desire to pursue the MD degree.
Students can pursue post-graduate degrees in hospital management after completing their MBBS studies in Russia. This course covers hospital administration, medical billing, and other topics. It assists students in obtaining employment in a variety of medical fields. Furthermore, you can pursue any other medical specialty and find work with an excellent wage package. As a result, your decision to study Russian for MBBS is absolutely correct.
Post-Graduation in USA
Medical students who have completed their schooling in this country will have a plethora of options for advancing their careers in medicine. Students can take the United States Medical Licensing Examination if they desire to study medicine in the United States. Additionally, medical applicants who have finished their MBBS studies at a Russian university can prepare for the PLAB examination.
Scope after MBBS in Ukraine:
Practice Medicine in India
If students graduate from an MBBS programme in Ukraine and wish to practice medicine in India, they must pass the FMGE, or Medical Licensing Examination, which is an obligatory exam for foreign medical graduates who want to practice medicine in the country. This test is used to determine the students’ abilities and competencies as future doctors. The FMGE takes place twice a year, in December and July. Students interested in becoming doctors in India can apply for any FMGE exam session. To be a qualified doctor, there is no age limit or minimum ranking. Students that take the exam must, however, receive at least 50% of the total marks in order to pass.
Practice Medicine in USA
To practice medicine in the United States, students who have graduated from one of Ukraine’s top medical universities must pass the USMLE exam. However, in order to become a qualified medical practitioner in the United States, students must complete a post-graduate school in the United States or another nation.
After completing their MBBS in Ukraine, students can enroll in a post-graduate programme to specialize in their subject of interest in medicine. Graduates of the MBBS programme can continue their education in any country. Students pursuing post-graduate medical programme outside of the United States and Canada should ensure that their university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools as meeting ECFMG eligibility requirements.
Opportunity in Hospital Management
Hospital Management is a fast-growing sector that offers job opportunities for those with a medical background. Students can pursue a Masters in Hospital Management after completing their MBBS in Ukraine.