Russia is a huge country that reaches across eastern Europe and northern Asia. After the breakup of the Soviet Union in December 1991, Russia, once the preeminent republic of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR; usually known as the Soviet Union), became an independent country.
Superlatives abound in Russia. It is by far the world’s largest country, covering about double the area of Canada, the world’s second-largest country. It stretches throughout northern Asia and the eastern third of Europe, spanning 11 time zones and encompassing a diverse range of ecosystems and landforms, including deserts, semiarid steppes, deep woods, and Arctic tundra. The Volga, Europe’s longest river, and Ladoga, Russia’s largest lake, are both located in Russia. Russia is also home to Baikal, the world’s deepest lake, and the world’s coldest temperature outside of the North and South poles.
Poland is a central European country. Poland is situated at a geographical crossroads that connects the forested lands of northwest Europe with the Atlantic Ocean’s sea lanes and the lush plains of the Eurasian border. Poland has risen and waned over the centuries, buffeted by the forces of regional history. It is now surrounded by seven nations. From the Germans and Balts to the Mongols, successive waves of invaders conquered Poland’s minor princes and townships in the early Middle Ages. In the mid-1500s, a unified Poland was Europe’s largest state and possibly its most powerful nation.
About Russia Government
The Russian Federation’s executive power is exercised by the Russian government. The Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Ministers, and the Federal Ministers make up the government. It is based on the Russian Federation’s Constitution and the federal constitutional law “On the Russian Federation’s Government.” The Russian Government Apparatus is a governmental organization in charge of overseeing the government’s operations.
About Poland Government
Poland is a representative democracy with a president serving as the country’s chief executive. The Council of Ministers, led by a prime minister, is at the heart of the government. The president picks the cabinet based on the prime minister’s suggestions, which are usually from the dominant coalition in the Sejm. Every five years, the president is elected by popular vote. Andrzej Duda is the current president, while Mateusz Morawiecki is the current prime minister.
Climate Comparison between Russia & Poland
Russia is the world’s largest country in terms of land area. Around one-eighth of the territory is covered by the country. Several determining factors influence the climate of Russia.
The continental climate dominates due to the vast size of the country and the isolation of many parts from the sea. Except for the tundra and the far southeast, such a climate prevails in European and Asian Russia.
Most parts of Russia in European Russia, in the south of West Siberia, and in the south of the Russian Far East, including the cities of Moscow and Saint Petersburg, have a humid continental climate due to the temperate control of the Atlantic or Pacific.
Throughout the country, the climate is primarily temperate. The climate is oceanic in the north and progressively warms and becomes continental in the south.
Summers are often hot, with average temperatures ranging from 18 to 30 degrees Celsius (64.4 to 86.0 degrees Fahrenheit) depending on the location.
Winters are chilly, with average temperatures in the northwest of 3 °C (37.4 °F) and the northeast of 6 °C (21 °F). Precipitation falls throughout the year, while winter is drier than summer, especially in the east.
Culture in Russia & Poland
Culture in Russia
Russia has a long history of literary and artistic accomplishments. Leo Tolstoy, Anton Chekhov, Feodor Dostoevsky, and Piotr Tchaikovsky, to mention a few, were all Russian writers, thinkers, and artists. Most Russian cities have national and international ballet, music performances, art exhibitions, and cinemas. Not to include the Kremlin, Red Square, and Lake Baikal, Russia has a total of 26 World UNESCO Heritage Sites.
Culture in Poland
Poland’s culture is inextricably linked to its complex 1,000-year history and is an important component of Western civilization. Poles are extremely proud of their national identity, which is typically associated with the colours white and red and expressed by the phrase biao-czerwoni (“whitereds”). The crowned white-tailed eagle, in particular, is frequently seen on clothes, insignia, and emblems. Polonophilia is a term used to describe the admiration for Poland’s traditions and cultural heritage.
Languages in Russia
It is the most widely spoken Slavic language. Belarusian and Ukrainian are its closest relatives. In the Russian Federation, Russian is the primary language. Leading Russian institutions frequently offer English-language Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme.
Languages in Poland
Polish is the sole official and most widely used language in Poland. More than half of Poles claim to have at least rudimentary understanding of English, with German coming in second (38%).
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Russia
- Russia, like all other countries in the globe, does not have a crime rate of zero. The well-equipped Russian police do their best to preserve peace and order in the country and protect the safety of both people and visitors.
- Apart from state-level safety norms, all Russian universities and educational institutions have adequate safety measures in place to offer a safe and secure atmosphere for students.
Safe & Security in Poland
Poland is far safer than the majority of European nations. Even the so-called “secure” Nordic countries have a considerably higher crime rate than Poland. International students of all races, beliefs, and origins are absolutely safe in this environment.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Russia
In Russia, MBBS is relatively affordable. In Russia, the average cost of an MBBS degree is roughly 4000 USD per year. For a 6-year course, this equates to around 2,75,000 Rupees.
Cost of MBBS Education in Poland
In comparison to other European countries, Poland’s university fees are modest. For six years, the average cost is roughly 30 lakhs to 40 lakhs Indian rupees.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Russia
Student housing in Russia can cost anything from RUB 150 to RUB 35,000 per depending on where you stay, the amenities, and the sort of accommodations you pick.
Cost of Living in Poland
Poland is a relatively inexpensive European country with a solid economy. International students’ monthly living costs range from 400 to 650 USD.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia & Poland
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia
In Russia, medical education allows for straight MBBS admission without the need for an entrance exam. For MBBS and BDS admissions in Russia, Indian students must pass the NEET Exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Poland
In order to apply for MBBS admission in Poland, no entrance exam is required. You must pass the National Eligibility Entrance Exam if you wish to study medicine in Poland (NEET).
Intakes for MBBS in Russia & Poland
MBBS Intakes in Russia
In most Russian universities, the admissions procedure for MBBS studies begins in the month of September. Some colleges also begin MBBS admission in Russia in the month of March.
MBBS Intakes in Poland
Summer and winter intakes are the two most important intakes in Poland. In Poland, winter intake begins in September or October and lasts until February or March.
Duration of MBBS in Russia & Poland
MBBS Duration in Russia
According to European norms, MBBS in Russia is a 6-year programme that includes 5 years of academic education and 1 year of internship.
MBBS Duration in Poland
In Poland, MBBS education lasts six years and includes a one-year mandatory internship.
Distance from India
Russia from India Travel Time
India and Russia are 4651.45 kilometers apart (2890 miles). The flying time between India and Russia is 6 hours and 28 minutes.
Poland from India Travel Time
The shortest distance between India and Poland by air is 6,171 kilometers. Between India and Warsaw (Poland’s capital), the average flight time is 10 hours and 10 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Russia & Poland
MBBS Internship in Russia
In Russia, the study lasts six years and includes one-year additional practical instruction. After finishing 6 years in Russia, FMGE Preparations take 6 months, followed by a year of internship.
MBBS Internship in Poland
A young doctor must complete a one-year medical internship before taking a general knowledge exam that would grant him the license to practice.
Top Medical Universities in Russia & Poland
List of Top Colleges in Russia:
- Altai State Medical University – Barnaul
- Bashkir State University – Ufa
- Crimea State Medical University – Simferopol
- Dagestan State Medical University – Makhachkala
- Far Eastern Federal University – Vladivostok
- First Moscow State Medical University – Moscow
- Kazan Federal University – Kazan
- Kazan State Medical University – Kazan
- Kuban State Medical University – Krasnodar
- Kursk State Medical University – Kursk
- Mari State University – Yoshkar-Ola
- Mordovia State University – Saransk
- Omsk State Medical University – Omsk
- Peoples’ Friendship University – Moscow
- Perm State University – Perm
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University – Moscow
- Rostov State Medical University – Rostov on Don
- Siberian State Medical University – Tomsk
- Ulyanovsk State University – Ulyanovsk
- Volgograd State Medical University – Volgograd
List of Top Colleges in Poland:
- Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University – Kraków
- Medical University of Bialystok – Białystok
- Medical University of Gdansk – Gdansk
- Medical University of Lodz – Lodz
- Medical University of Lublin – Lublin
- Nicolaus Copernicus University – Toruń
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences – Poznań
- The Medical University of Silesia – Katowice
- The Silesian Piasts Medical University of Wroclaw – Wroclaw
- University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn – Olsztyn
- Warsaw Medical Academy – Warszawa
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Russia
According to statistics, only 16 percent of Russian pupils qualified for this examination. The FMGE examination for a license was taken by 13,364 medical graduates in the previous year. However, around 2767 pupils have qualified for this exam.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Poland
The pass rate of Polish students taking the FMGE has been extremely low, and it continues to be below 20%.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Russia:
- Russia is an ideal option for Indian students to study MBBS because there is no requirement for an entrance exam or a donation to gain admission to Russian universities.
- The admissions process is basic and straightforward. The tuition is modest and subsidized.
- The degrees conferred by Russian Medical Universities are internationally recognized, since they have been authorized by all of the world’s leading medical bodies.
- There is good food and lodging available, as well as Indian canteens in most of the universities.
- They offer MCI Coaching at Russian Medical Universities, with excellent outcomes.
- students that have graduated from the universities now work in some of the world’s most prestigious hospitals.
- Graduates are employed not just in India, but also in Australia, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and other important countries across the world.
- There is also an extremely slim probability of VISA denial. All of the universities are run by the government.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Poland:
- During MBBS in Poland, coaching for the FMGE / MCI Screening Test is provided, as well as a mock test.
- MCI and WHO are two organizations that recognize the best medical colleges in Poland.
- IELTS and TOEFL are not required for MBBS education in Poland.
- One interns at a prestigious government and private hospital.
- All of Poland’s major medical universities provide high-quality English-medium education.
- In Poland, you can study medicine without having to pay any gift or capitation fees.
- The best MBBS colleges in Poland are among the top universities in the world.
- In Poland, there is a low tuition fee structure for the MBBS course.
- Because there is no entrance exam, the MBBS admission process in Poland is quite basic and straightforward.
- After graduation, you will have a globally recognized medical degree.
- Some eligible candidates are awarded MBBS Scholarships in Poland.
- Students who apply for an MBBS degree in Poland are eligible to take licensure exams such as the MCI Screening Test, the USMLE-1, and the PLAB in the United Kingdom.
- In comparison to other countries, Poland has a very moderate climate.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Russia:
Practice Medicine in India
After completing an MBBS in Russia, practicing medicine in India opens you a plethora of opportunities. To begin, the graduate must take the Medical Council of India Screening Test (MCI Screening Test), commonly known as the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE), which is administered by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India following graduation or completion of the 6-year study. Foreign medical students must pass the MCI screening test in order to become qualified doctors.
This examination takes place twice a year, in June and December. Graduate students must do a one-year required internship after passing the MCI Screening Test. Students receive hands-on instruction during their internship to help them polish their skills before they are officially recognized as doctors.
Practice Medicine in Russia
If students desire to pursue a medical career after completing their MBBS education, Russia is the best option. Candidates who complete MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to work in any Russian hospitals or private nursing homes. Students, on the other hand, can work at any government hospital after completing their MBBS programme.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
Students who have finished their MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to pursue post-graduate studies in other countries without interruption. Furthermore, students can gain MD admission in this country if they desire to pursue the MD degree.
Students can pursue post-graduate degrees in hospital management after completing their MBBS studies in Russia. This course covers hospital administration, medical billing, and other topics. It assists students in obtaining employment in a variety of medical fields. Furthermore, you can pursue any other medical specialty and find work with an excellent wage package. As a result, your decision to study Russian for MBBS is absolutely correct.
Post-Graduation in USA
Medical students who have completed their schooling in this country will have a plethora of options for advancing their careers in medicine. Students can take the United States Medical Licensing Examination if they desire to study medicine in the United States. Additionally, medical applicants who have finished their MBBS studies at a Russian university can prepare for the PLAB examination.
Scope after MBBS in Poland:
Practice Medicine in India
You can return to India, take the NMC screening test, and begin practicing medicine or further your education in India.
Practice Medicine in Poland
You can establish yourself in Poland and begin practicing medicine. You would also have the option of practicing or pursuing higher education in any other European country.
Post-Graduation in USA
After completing the MBBS programme in Poland, you will be eligible to apply for PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board) evaluation and the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) in order to continue further medical study in the United Kingdom or the United States.
Post-Graduation in Poland
For students who have graduated from one of Poland’s best colleges, post-graduation options are available. After completing their MBBS, graduates of Polish universities are eligible to pursue MD studies in Poland. The MD degree from Poland is a four-year programme that prepares students to practice medicine in a variety of settings around the world.