Russia is a huge country that reaches across eastern Europe and northern Asia. After the breakup of the Soviet Union in December 1991, Russia, once the preeminent republic of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR; usually known as the Soviet Union), became an independent country.
Superlatives abound in Russia. It is by far the world’s largest country, covering about double the area of Canada, the world’s second-largest country. It stretches throughout northern Asia and the eastern third of Europe, spanning 11 time zones and encompassing a diverse range of ecosystems and landforms, including deserts, semiarid steppes, deep woods, and Arctic tundra. The Volga, Europe’s longest river, and Ladoga, Russia’s largest lake, are both located in Russia. Russia is also home to Baikal, the world’s deepest lake, and the world’s coldest temperature outside of the North and South poles.
Malaysia is a country in Southeast Asia that is divided into two noncontiguous regions: Peninsular Malaysia (Semenanjung Malaysia), also known as West Malaysia (Malaysia Barat), on the Malay Peninsula, and East Malaysia (Malaysia Timur), on the island of Borneo. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia’s capital is located on the western side of the peninsula, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) from the shore; Putrajaya, the administrative Centre, is about 16 miles (25 kilometers) south of the city.
About Russia Government
The Russian Federation’s executive power is exercised by the Russian government. The Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Ministers, and the Federal Ministers make up the government. It is based on the Russian Federation’s Constitution and the federal constitutional law “On the Russian Federation’s Government.” The Russian Government Apparatus is a governmental organization in charge of overseeing the government’s operations.
About Malaysia Government
Malaysia is a representative democracy made up of 13 states that operate under a constitutional monarchy based on the Westminster system. Malaysia’s federal government is governed by the Federal Constitution of Malaysia, which is the supreme law of the land.
Climate Comparison between Russia & Malaysia
Russia is the world’s largest country in terms of land area. Around one-eighth of the territory is covered by the country. Several determining factors influence the climate of Russia.
The continental climate dominates due to the vast size of the country and the isolation of many parts from the sea. Except for the tundra and the far southeast, such a climate prevails in European and Asian Russia.
Most parts of Russia in European Russia, in the south of West Siberia, and in the south of the Russian Far East, including the cities of Moscow and Saint Petersburg, have a humid continental climate due to the temperate control of the Atlantic or Pacific.
Malaysia’s climate is classified as tropical because it is located near the equator and is hot and humid all year.
The average annual rainfall is 250 centimeters (98 in) and the average temperature is 27 degrees Celsius (80.6 degrees Fahrenheit).
Culture in Russia & Malaysia
Culture in Russia
Russia has a long history of literary and artistic accomplishments. Leo Tolstoy, Anton Chekhov, Feodor Dostoevsky, and Piotr Tchaikovsky, to mention a few, were all Russian writers, thinkers, and artists. Most Russian cities have national and international ballet, music performances, art exhibitions, and cinemas. Not to include the Kremlin, Red Square, and Lake Baikal, Russia has a total of 26 World UNESCO Heritage Sites.
Culture in Malaysia
Malaysians are a mix of Chinese, Indian, and indigenous Malay influences. The Malays are the largest ethnic group in Malaysia, and they follow both Islamic and Malay customs, as well as speaking the Malay language.
Languages in Russia
It is the most widely spoken Slavic language. Belarusian and Ukrainian are its closest relatives. In the Russian Federation, Russian is the primary language. Leading Russian institutions frequently offer English-language Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme.
Languages in Malaysia
Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil are the three main languages spoken in Malaysia. Malaysia is home to 137 live languages, making it one of the most diverse countries in the world.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Russia
- Russia, like all other countries in the globe, does not have a crime rate of zero. The well-equipped Russian police do their best to preserve peace and order in the country and protect the safety of both people and visitors.
- Apart from state-level safety norms, all Russian universities and educational institutions have adequate safety measures in place to offer a safe and secure atmosphere for students.
Safe & Security in Malaysia
- International students can feel safe in this country. According to the Global Peace Index, Malaysia is the 29th most peaceful country in the world, out of a total of 163.
- For travellers who love to travel, this is a fantastic destination. Students can earn degrees from countries such as the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Russia
In Russia, MBBS is relatively affordable. In Russia, the average cost of an MBBS degree is roughly 4000 USD per year. For a 6-year course, this equates to around 2,75,000 Rupees.
Cost of MBBS Education in Malaysia
Malaysia is well-known for its highly qualified teachers and the structure of its education system. MBBS from Malaysian medical colleges is very reasonable, ranging from Rs9 lakhs to Rs25 lakhs depending on the university.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Russia
Student housing in Russia can cost anything from RUB 150 to RUB 35,000 per depending on where you stay, the amenities, and the sort of accommodations you pick.
Cost of Living in Malaysia
Tuition fees range from INR 2,91,000 to 4,36,000 per year, while the cost of living in Malaysia for international students is INR 29,115 to 50,951 per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia & Malaysia
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia
In Russia, medical education allows for straight MBBS admission without the need for an entrance exam. For MBBS and BDS admissions in Russia, Indian students must pass the NEET Exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Malaysia
Medical colleges in Malaysia do not require an entrance exam (Only NEET Qualification is sufficient).
Intakes for MBBS in Russia & Malaysia
MBBS Intakes in Russia
In most Russian universities, the admissions procedure for MBBS studies begins in the month of September. Some colleges also begin MBBS admission in Russia in the month of March.
MBBS Intakes in Malaysia
While particular dates differ depending on the study program and the university where you wish to enroll, keep in mind that there are two main intakes: the September intake and the June intake. The February intake, with November application deadlines.
Duration of MBBS in Russia & Malaysia
MBBS Duration in Russia
According to European norms, MBBS in Russia is a 6-year programme that includes 5 years of academic education and 1 year of internship.
MBBS Duration in Malaysia
In Malaysia, the MBBS programme lasts 5 years. Both pre-clinical and clinical disciplines are covered in the Malaysian MBBS programme for Indian students.
Distance from India
Russia from India Travel Time
India and Russia are 4651.45 kilometers apart (2890 miles). The flying time between India and Russia is 6 hours and 28 minutes.
Malaysia from India Travel Time
India and Malaysia are 3,081 kilometers apart. The average flight time from India to Malaysia’s capital, Kuala Lumpur, is 5 hours and 15 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Russia & Malaysia
MBBS Internship in Russia
In Russia, the study lasts six years and includes one-year additional practical instruction. After finishing 6 years in Russia, FMGE Preparations take 6 months, followed by a year of internship.
MBBS Internship in Malaysia
Every student must complete a five-year programme that includes pre-clinical, clinical, and an one year internship or clinical clerkship.
Top Medical Universities in Russia & Malaysia
List of Top Colleges in Russia:
- Altai State Medical University – Barnaul
- Bashkir State University – Ufa
- Crimea State Medical University – Simferopol
- Dagestan State Medical University – Makhachkala
- Far Eastern Federal University – Vladivostok
- First Moscow State Medical University – Moscow
- Kazan Federal University – Kazan
- Kazan State Medical University – Kazan
- Kuban State Medical University – Krasnodar
- Kursk State Medical University – Kursk
- Mari State University – Yoshkar-Ola
- Mordovia State University – Saransk
- Omsk State Medical University – Omsk
- Peoples’ Friendship University – Moscow
- Perm State University – Perm
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University – Moscow
- Rostov State Medical University – Rostov on Don
- Siberian State Medical University – Tomsk
- Ulyanovsk State University – Ulyanovsk
- Volgograd State Medical University – Volgograd
List of Top Colleges in Malaysia:
- AIMST University – Bedong
- Asia Metropolitan University – Masai
- Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences – Cyberjaya
- International Medical University – Kuala Lumpur
- Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences – Subang Jaya
- Lincoln University College – Kelantan
- Mahsa University – Selangor
- Management & Science University, Shah Alam Campus – Selangor
- Newcastle University Medicine – Johor
- Perdana University – Kuala Lumpur
- Quest International University – Ipoh
- SEGI University – Petaling Jaya
- Taylors University – Subang Jaya
- Universiti Sains Malaysia – George Town
- University of Malaya – Kuala Lumpur
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Russia
According to statistics, only 16 percent of Russian pupils qualified for this examination. The FMGE examination for a license was taken by 13,364 medical graduates in the previous year. However, around 2767 pupils have qualified for this exam.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Malaysia
The pass rate of Malaysian medical college students taking the FMGE has been extremely low, and it continues to be below 20%.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Russia:
Practice Medicine in India
After completing an MBBS in Russia, practicing medicine in India opens you a plethora of opportunities. To begin, the graduate must take the Medical Council of India Screening Test (MCI Screening Test), commonly known as the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE), which is administered by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India following graduation or completion of the 6-year study. Foreign medical students must pass the MCI screening test in order to become qualified doctors.
This examination takes place twice a year, in June and December. Graduate students must do a one-year required internship after passing the MCI Screening Test. Students receive hands-on instruction during their internship to help them polish their skills before they are officially recognized as doctors.
Practice Medicine in Russia
If students desire to pursue a medical career after completing their MBBS education, Russia is the best option. Candidates who complete MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to work in any Russian hospitals or private nursing homes. Students, on the other hand, can work at any government hospital after completing their MBBS programme.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
Students who have finished their MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to pursue post-graduate studies in other countries without interruption. Furthermore, students can gain MD admission in this country if they desire to pursue the MD degree.
Students can pursue post-graduate degrees in hospital management after completing their MBBS studies in Russia. This course covers hospital administration, medical billing, and other topics. It assists students in obtaining employment in a variety of medical fields. Furthermore, you can pursue any other medical specialty and find work with an excellent wage package. As a result, your decision to study Russian for MBBS is absolutely correct.
Post-Graduation in USA
Medical students who have completed their schooling in this country will have a plethora of options for advancing their careers in medicine. Students can take the United States Medical Licensing Examination if they desire to study medicine in the United States. Additionally, medical applicants who have finished their MBBS studies at a Russian university can prepare for the PLAB examination.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Malaysia:
- Malaysia is the closest country to India, with a flying time of 4-5 hours.
- Due to its proximity to India, cheap aero plane tickets are available.
- Indian students may readily return to their home country in the event of an emergency, and parents can go to Malaysia to accompany their children because it is close by and less expensive to travel.
- Malaysia’s top medical universities have been approved by the MCI.
- Education of a high standard
- Malaysian MBBS tuition fees are reasonable.
- Students can apply whether or not they have taken the IELTS exam.
- There are less visa issues.
- Malaysia has a low cost of living for Indian students.
- A large percentage of Malaysians speak Tamil, which is one of the main reasons why Indian students from Kerala and Tamil Nadu prefer to study medicine in Malaysia.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Russia:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
Scope after MBBS in both countries (India & Malaysia):
- Government Jobs in health services departments.
- Defense Services: Jobs in Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Employment in Hospital Chains.
- Opportunities in Research and Academics.
- Career in Health Administration/Hospital Management.
- Biomedical Engineering and Sciences.
PG Options after MBBS in Malaysia:
Students can pursue MD or MS degrees in the United States after finishing the MBBS program in Malaysia. This postgraduate degree is recognized not only in the United States but also in India. Students can also pursue MD/MS degrees in Germany.