Russia is a huge country that reaches across eastern Europe and northern Asia. After the breakup of the Soviet Union in December 1991, Russia, once the preeminent republic of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR; usually known as the Soviet Union), became an independent country.
Superlatives abound in Russia. It is by far the world’s largest country, covering about double the area of Canada, the world’s second-largest country. It stretches throughout northern Asia and the eastern third of Europe, spanning 11 time zones and encompassing a diverse range of ecosystems and landforms, including deserts, semiarid steppes, deep woods, and Arctic tundra. The Volga, Europe’s longest river, and Ladoga, Russia’s largest lake, are both located in Russia. Russia is also home to Baikal, the world’s deepest lake, and the world’s coldest temperature outside of the North and South poles.
China, with its rapidly rising economy, occupies the eastern section of Asia. China is officially known as the People’s Republic of China, and it is the world’s most populous country. Because of its vast geographic area, China has a variety of climates in different sections of the country. China has a population of 1.420 billion people. Lakes, rivers, grassland, desert, and 14500 kilometers of coastline make up China’s geography. India, Nepal, and Bhutan all share China’s border. China’s capital city is Beijing. Shanghai is China’s largest metropolis and is well-known for its financial and business sectors. Because China has such a rich historical history, the Chinese people are exceedingly cultured and welcoming to foreigners.
About Russia Government
The Russian Federation’s executive power is exercised by the Russian government. The Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Ministers, and the Federal Ministers make up the government. It is based on the Russian Federation’s Constitution and the federal constitutional law “On the Russian Federation’s Government.” The Russian Government Apparatus is a governmental organization in charge of overseeing the government’s operations.
About China Government
The People’s Republic of China’s Government is the collective state authority in the People’s Republic of China, which is led solely by the Chinese Communist Party. The legislative, executive, military, supervisory, judicial, and prosecutorial branches make up the government.
Climate Comparison between Russia & China
Russia is the world’s largest country in terms of land area. Around one-eighth of the territory is covered by the country. Several determining factors influence the climate of Russia.
The continental climate dominates due to the vast size of the country and the isolation of many parts from the sea. Except for the tundra and the far southeast, such a climate prevails in European and Asian Russia.
Most parts of Russia in European Russia, in the south of West Siberia, and in the south of the Russian Far East, including the cities of Moscow and Saint Petersburg, have a humid continental climate due to the temperate control of the Atlantic or Pacific.
China’s climate is characterized by dry seasons and wet monsoons, resulting in significant temperature changes between winter and summer.
Northern winds from high latitude places are chilly and dry in the winter, whereas southern winds from lower latitude sea areas are warm and moist in the summer.
Culture in Russia & China
Culture in Russia
Russia has a long history of literary and artistic accomplishments. Leo Tolstoy, Anton Chekhov, Feodor Dostoevsky, and Piotr Tchaikovsky, to mention a few, were all Russian writers, thinkers, and artists. Most Russian cities have national and international ballet, music performances, art exhibitions, and cinemas. Not to include the Kremlin, Red Square, and Lake Baikal, Russia has a total of 26 World UNESCO Heritage Sites.
Culture in China
Chinese culture dates back thousands of years, making it one of the world’s oldest cultures. The culture is incredibly diverse and varies across a broad geographical region in East Asia, with customs and traditions changing greatly between provinces, cities, and even villages. Throughout history, the names ‘China’ and the geographical landmass of ‘China’ have evolved, with the Great Qing serving as the last name before the name ‘China’ became prevalent in modernity.
Languages in Russia
It is the most widely spoken Slavic language. Belarusian and Ukrainian are its closest relatives. In the Russian Federation, Russian is the primary language. Leading Russian institutions frequently offer English-language Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme.
Languages in China
China has over a thousand different languages. The most common language is Standard Chinese, which is based on core Mandarin, however there are hundreds of related Chinese languages spoken by 92 percent of the people, collectively known as Hanyu (simplified Chinese). They are morphologically and phonetically as different as English, German, and Danish, but they share the same writing system (Hanzi) and are mutually comprehensible in written form.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Russia
- Russia, like all other countries in the globe, does not have a crime rate of zero. The well-equipped Russian police do their best to preserve peace and order in the country and protect the safety of both people and visitors.
- Apart from state-level safety norms, all Russian universities and educational institutions have adequate safety measures in place to offer a safe and secure atmosphere for students.
Safe & Security in China
- China is safest country for pursuing medicine. China is extremely safe. While strolling down the street, you are unconcerned about gunshots.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Russia
In Russia, MBBS is relatively affordable. In Russia, the average cost of an MBBS degree is roughly 4000 USD per year. For a 6-year course, this equates to around 2,75,000 Rupees.
Cost of MBBS Education in China
MBBS fees in China start at Rs. 2,00,000 per year and cost roughly 10 lakh rupees for a five-year programme.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Russia
Student housing in Russia can cost anything from RUB 150 to RUB 35,000 per depending on where you stay, the amenities, and the sort of accommodations you pick.
Cost of Living in China
Prices for student residence halls range from $150 to $400 per month. Renting a flat – a one-bedroom apartment will cost between $300 and $1,000 USD per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia & China
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia
In Russia, medical education allows for straight MBBS admission without the need for an entrance exam. For MBBS and BDS admissions in Russia, Indian students must pass the NEET Exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in China
International students sometimes inquire about the existence of an MBBS Entrance Exam in China; the answer is that there is no such exam in China.
Intakes for MBBS in Russia & China
MBBS Intakes in Russia
In most Russian universities, the admissions procedure for MBBS studies begins in the month of September. Some colleges also begin MBBS admission in Russia in the month of March.
MBBS Intakes in China
International students are welcome to apply to Chinese medical universities for the March intake. These universities are WHO recognized, WHED listed, and MCI accredited.
Duration of MBBS in Russia & China
MBBS Duration in Russia
According to European norms, MBBS in Russia is a 6-year programme that includes 5 years of academic education and 1 year of internship.
MBBS Duration in China
In China, most medical universities provide a 6-year MBBS degree. To gain good medical knowledge, you will spend 5 years in a classroom setting. The final year is spent in a hospital internship, which will help you improve your clinical abilities.
Distance from India
Russia from India Travel Time
India and Russia are 4651.45 kilometers apart (2890 miles). The flying time between India and Russia is 6 hours and 28 minutes.
China from India Travel Time
The distance between New Delhi and Shanghai is about 4300 kilometers. The flying time between India and China is 4 hours and 29 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Russia & China
MBBS Internship in Russia
In Russia, the study lasts six years and includes one-year additional practical instruction. After finishing 6 years in Russia, FMGE Preparations take 6 months, followed by a year of internship.
MBBS Internship in China
In China, MBBS and BDS degrees take six years to complete, including internship; for international students, five years of coursework and one year of internship are required.
Top Medical Universities in Russia & China
List of Top Colleges in Russia:
- Altai State Medical University – Barnaul
- Bashkir State University – Ufa
- Crimea State Medical University – Simferopol
- Dagestan State Medical University – Makhachkala
- Far Eastern Federal University – Vladivostok
- First Moscow State Medical University – Moscow
- Kazan Federal University – Kazan
- Kazan State Medical University – Kazan
- Kuban State Medical University – Krasnodar
- Kursk State Medical University – Kursk
- Mari State University – Yoshkar-Ola
- Mordovia State University – Saransk
- Omsk State Medical University – Omsk
- Peoples’ Friendship University – Moscow
- Perm State University – Perm
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University – Moscow
- Rostov State Medical University – Rostov on Don
- Siberian State Medical University – Tomsk
- Ulyanovsk State University – Ulyanovsk
- Volgograd State Medical University – Volgograd
List of Top Colleges in China:
- Nanjing Medical University – Jiangsu
- Shihezi University – Xinjiang
- Jinan University – Guangzhou
- Xiamen University – Fujian
- Jinzhou Medical University – Jinzhou
- Beihua University – Jilin City
- Zhengzhou University – Zhengzhou
- Ningbo University – Zhejiang
- Guangzhou Medical University – Guangzhou
- Guangxi Medical University – Nanning
- Tianjin Medical University – Wuqing
- Kunming Medical University – Yunnan
- Sichuan University – Chengdu
- Nantong University – Chongchuan
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Russia
According to statistics, only 16 percent of Russian pupils qualified for this examination. The FMGE examination for a license was taken by 13,364 medical graduates in the previous year. However, around 2767 pupils have qualified for this exam.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in China
In reality, between 2015 and 2018, the overall FMGE passing percentage from all Chinese colleges was only 11.71 percent.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Russia:
- Russia is an ideal option for Indian students to study MBBS because there is no requirement for an entrance exam or a donation to gain admission to Russian universities.
- The admissions process is basic and straightforward. The tuition is modest and subsidized.
- The degrees conferred by Russian Medical Universities are internationally recognized, since they have been authorized by all of the world’s leading medical bodies.
- There is good food and lodging available, as well as Indian canteens in most of the universities.
- They offer MCI Coaching at Russian Medical Universities, with excellent outcomes.
- students that have graduated from the universities now work in some of the world’s most prestigious hospitals.
- Graduates are employed not just in India, but also in Australia, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and other important countries across the world.
- There is also an extremely slim probability of VISA denial. All of the universities are run by the government.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in China:
- China has 45 MCI-accredited universities.
- Direct admission with no entrance exam and fewer paperwork requirements
- Due to the large number of colleges in China, students can select the best university for them based on their eligibility, course type, budget, and other factors.
- Numerous options, world-class training centers, and high-quality education are available to students.
- Indian students who successfully complete their MBBS can practice medicine in India after completing an internship.
- These universities’ medical faculties have been approved by WHO’s Directory of World Medical Schools.
- Students can pursue higher education or practice by taking screening tests like as the USMLE, MCI, PMDC, SCHS, HPCSA, PLAB, and others.
- In comparison to other wealthy countries, the fee structure is fairly modest.
- Apart from the expense of education, the cost of living and food is also low.
- In China, a month’s worth of living expenditures might be between 5000 and 7000 yuan.
- China’s weather is almost identical to that of India, with dry summers and wet monsoons. The weather varies from one region to the next. As a result, it feels like home.
- China has the world’s greatest population, and medical students benefited directly from this high growth rate. Because of the vast number of people that frequent hospitals, students receive a thorough understanding of how to deal with patients and give medical treatment.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Russia:
Practice Medicine in India
After completing an MBBS in Russia, practicing medicine in India opens you a plethora of opportunities. To begin, the graduate must take the Medical Council of India Screening Test (MCI Screening Test), commonly known as the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE), which is administered by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India following graduation or completion of the 6-year study. Foreign medical students must pass the MCI screening test in order to become qualified doctors.
This examination takes place twice a year, in June and December. Graduate students must do a one-year required internship after passing the MCI Screening Test. Students receive hands-on instruction during their internship to help them polish their skills before they are officially recognized as doctors.
Practice Medicine in Russia
If students desire to pursue a medical career after completing their MBBS education, Russia is the best option. Candidates who complete MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to work in any Russian hospitals or private nursing homes. Students, on the other hand, can work at any government hospital after completing their MBBS programme.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
Students who have finished their MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to pursue post-graduate studies in other countries without interruption. Furthermore, students can gain MD admission in this country if they desire to pursue the MD degree.
Students can pursue post-graduate degrees in hospital management after completing their MBBS studies in Russia. This course covers hospital administration, medical billing, and other topics. It assists students in obtaining employment in a variety of medical fields. Furthermore, you can pursue any other medical specialty and find work with an excellent wage package. As a result, your decision to study Russian for MBBS is absolutely correct.
Post-Graduation in USA
Medical students who have completed their schooling in this country will have a plethora of options for advancing their careers in medicine. Students can take the United States Medical Licensing Examination if they desire to study medicine in the United States. Additionally, medical applicants who have finished their MBBS studies at a Russian university can prepare for the PLAB examination.
Scope after MBBS in China:
Students can pursue MD or MS degrees in the United States after finishing the MBBS program in China. This postgraduate degree is recognized not only in the United States but also in India. Students can also pursue MD/MS degrees in Germany.