Philippines is a Southeast Asian island nation in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of about 7,000 islands and islets located around 500 miles (800 kilometers) off the coast of Vietnam. Although Manila is the country’s capital, Quezon City is its most populous city. Both are located on Luzon, the largest island, and are part of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila). Mindanao, the Philippines’ second largest island, is located in the southeast.
Russia is a huge country that reaches across eastern Europe and northern Asia. After the breakup of the Soviet Union in December 1991, Russia, once the preeminent republic of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR; usually known as the Soviet Union), became an independent country.
Superlatives abound in Russia. It is by far the world’s largest country, covering about double the area of Canada, the world’s second-largest country. It stretches throughout northern Asia and the eastern third of Europe, spanning 11 time zones and encompassing a diverse range of ecosystems and landforms, including deserts, semiarid steppes, deep woods, and Arctic tundra. The Volga, Europe’s longest river, and Ladoga, Russia’s largest lake, are both located in Russia. Russia is also home to Baikal, the world’s deepest lake, and the world’s coldest temperature outside of the North and South poles.
About Philippines Government
The Philippines’ national government is known as the Government of the Philippines. It is governed as a unitary state under a presidential representative, democratic, and constitutional republic, with the President serving as both the country’s head of state and the country’s head of government under a pluriform multi-party system.
About Russia Government
The Russian Federation’s executive power is exercised by the Russian government. The Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Ministers, and the Federal Ministers make up the government. It is based on the Russian Federation’s Constitution and the federal constitutional law “On the Russian Federation’s Government.” The Russian Government Apparatus is a governmental organization in charge of overseeing the government’s operations.
Climate Comparison between Philippines & Russia
The Philippines has a tropical and marine climate. It is marked by high temperatures, high humidity, and a lot of rain.
The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius, and the warmest month is May, with a mean temperature of 28.3 degrees Celsius.
Russia is the world’s largest country in terms of land area. Around one-eighth of the territory is covered by the country. Several determining factors influence the climate of Russia.
The continental climate dominates due to the vast size of the country and the isolation of many parts from the sea. Except for the tundra and the far southeast, such a climate prevails in European and Asian Russia.
Culture in Philippines & Russia
Culture in Philippines
The Philippines is a country where East and West collide. Filipinos have a distinct Asian heritage as well as a strong Western tradition. Chinese traders, Spanish conquistadors, and American rulers all had an impact on modern Filipino society.
Culture in Russia
Russia has a long history of literary and artistic accomplishments. Leo Tolstoy, Anton Chekhov, Feodor Dostoevsky, and Piotr Tchaikovsky, to mention a few, were all Russian writers, thinkers, and artists. Most Russian cities have national and international ballet, music performances, art exhibitions, and cinemas. Not to include the Kremlin, Red Square, and Lake Baikal, Russia has a total of 26 World UNESCO Heritage Sites.
Languages in Philippines
Filipino, English, and Spanish are the three official languages of the Philippines. More than a dozen regional languages are spoken throughout the archipelago.
Languages in Russia
It is the most widely spoken Slavic language. Belarusian and Ukrainian are its closest relatives. In the Russian Federation, Russian is the primary language. Leading Russian institutions frequently offer English-language Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Philippines
Although the Philippines is a safe country and a great place to visit, you should always be alert of your surroundings when travelling anywhere in the globe. You cannot keep your passports, identification cards, and credit cards on you at all times.
Safe & Security in Russia
- Russia, like all other countries in the globe, does not have a crime rate of zero. The well-equipped Russian police do their best to preserve peace and order in the country and protect the safety of both people and visitors.
- Apart from state-level safety norms, all Russian universities and educational institutions have adequate safety measures in place to offer a safe and secure atmosphere for students.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Philippines
MBBS college expenses in the Philippines range from 12 to 20 lacs. Every year, about 8000 people apply to medical schools in the Philippines.
Cost of MBBS Education in Russia
In Russia, MBBS is relatively affordable. In Russia, the average cost of an MBBS degree is roughly 4000 USD per year. For a 6-year course, this equates to around 2,75,000 Rupees.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Philippines
The average monthly cost of living in the Philippines for a single person is around 28,200PHP ($580), excluding rent.
Cost of Living in Russia
Student housing in Russia can cost anything from RUB 150 to RUB 35,000 per depending on where you stay, the amenities, and the sort of accommodations you pick.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines & Russia
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines
Candidates interested in studying medicine in the Philippines must pass the NEET exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia
Eligibility for MBBS in Ukraine for Indian candidates includes passing the NEET test and having a valid NEET score.
Intakes for MBBS in Philippines & Russia
MBBS Intakes in Philippines
In the Philippines, there are two intakes for university admissions: one in June and one in November. In the Philippines, the academic year for MBBS courses usually starts in September.
MBBS Intakes in Russia
In most Russian universities, the admissions procedure for MBBS studies begins in the month of September. Some colleges also begin MBBS admission in Russia in the month of March.
Duration of MBBS in Philippines & Russia
MBBS Duration in Philippines
In the Philippines, MBBS takes Five years to complete. The entire program consists of 4 years of medical school and one year of internship, which can be completed on campus or in India.
MBBS Duration in Russia
In Ukraine, the MBBS curriculum lasts six years. Admission to a medical university in Ukraine does not require an entrance examination.
Distance from India
Philippines from India Travel Time
India and the Philippines are separated by 4774 kilometers. Between India and Manila (Philippines’ capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Russia from India Travel Time
India and Russia are 4651.45 kilometers apart (2890 miles). The flying time between India and Russia is 6 hours and 28 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Philippines & Russia
MBBS Internship in Philippines
Medical graduates must do one year of internship in accredited hospitals and health centers after acquiring their Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree through a four-year programme.
MBBS Internship in Russia
In Russia, the study lasts six years and includes one-year additional practical instruction. After finishing 6 years in Russia, FMGE Preparations take 6 months, followed by a year of internship.
Top Medical Universities in Philippines & Russia
List of Top Colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine – Makati
- Angeles University Foundation – Pampanga
- Davao Medical School Foundation – Davao
- Lyceum-Northwestern University – Dagupan
- Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) – Valenzuela
- University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH)
- UV Gullas College of Medicine – Las Piñas
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – San Carlos City
List of Top Colleges in Russia:
- Altai State Medical University – Barnaul
- Bashkir State University – Ufa
- Crimea State Medical University – Simferopol
- Dagestan State Medical University – Makhachkala
- Far Eastern Federal University – Vladivostok
- First Moscow State Medical University – Moscow
- Kazan Federal University – Kazan
- Kazan State Medical University – Kazan
- Kuban State Medical University – Krasnodar
- Kursk State Medical University – Kursk
- Mari State University – Yoshkar-Ola
- Mordovia State University – Saransk
- Omsk State Medical University – Omsk
- Peoples’ Friendship University – Moscow
- Perm State University – Perm
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University – Moscow
- Rostov State Medical University – Rostov on Don
- Siberian State Medical University – Tomsk
- Ulyanovsk State University – Ulyanovsk
- Volgograd State Medical University – Volgograd
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Philippines
FMGE is administered twice a year, with a passing score of 50%. But, the pass percentage of FMGE is not very encouraging.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Russia
According to statistics, only 16 percent of Russian pupils qualified for this examination. The FMGE examination for a license was taken by 13,364 medical graduates in the previous year. However, around 2767 pupils have qualified for this exam.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS, students in the Philippines are awarded a medical degree that is recognized globally.
- In the Right Direction Medical colleges and universities in the Philippines offer MBBS courses in English, allowing students to communicate with one another.
- In the Right Direction the MCI has approved medical institutions and universities in the Philippines (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- In the Right Direction Students who completed their MBBS in the Philippines can practice in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- In the Right Direction To provide better exposure to future medical practitioners, the faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities uses a unified problem-based learning method.
- In the Right Direction After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can begin studying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) in order to pursue a PG programme in the United States.
- In the Right Direction for Indian students, the Philippines is a very safe place to study, and the atmosphere is equally safe.
- In the Right Direction in the Philippines, there is no necessity to pay a contribution or capitation fee in order to enroll in an MBBS programme.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Russia:
- Russia is an ideal option for Indian students to study MBBS because there is no requirement for an entrance exam or a donation to gain admission to Russian universities.
- The admissions process is basic and straightforward. The tuition is modest and subsidized.
- The degrees conferred by Russian Medical Universities are internationally recognized, since they have been authorized by all of the world’s leading medical bodies.
- There is good food and lodging available, as well as Indian canteens in most of the universities.
- They offer MCI Coaching at Russian Medical Universities, with excellent outcomes.
- students that have graduated from the universities now work in some of the world’s most prestigious hospitals.
- Graduates are employed not just in India, but also in Australia, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and other important countries across the world.
- There is also an extremely slim probability of VISA denial. All of the universities are run by the government.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.
Scope after MBBS in Russia:
Practice Medicine in India
After completing an MBBS in Russia, practicing medicine in India opens you a plethora of opportunities. To begin, the graduate must take the Medical Council of India Screening Test (MCI Screening Test), commonly known as the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE), which is administered by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India following graduation or completion of the 6-year study. Foreign medical students must pass the MCI screening test in order to become qualified doctors.
Practice Medicine in Russia
If students desire to pursue a medical career after completing their MBBS education, Russia is the best option. Candidates who complete MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to work in any Russian hospitals or private nursing homes. Students, on the other hand, can work at any government hospital after completing their MBBS programme.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
Students who have finished their MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to pursue post-graduate studies in other countries without interruption. Furthermore, students can gain MD admission in this country if they desire to pursue the MD degree.
Students can pursue post-graduate degrees in hospital management after completing their MBBS studies in Russia. This course covers hospital administration, medical billing, and other topics. It assists students in obtaining employment in a variety of medical fields. Furthermore, you can pursue any other medical specialty and find work with an excellent wage package. As a result, your decision to study Russian for MBBS is absolutely correct.
Post-Graduation in USA
Medical students who have completed their schooling in this country will have a plethora of options for advancing their careers in medicine. Students can take the United States Medical Licensing Examination if they desire to study medicine in the United States. Additionally, medical applicants who have finished their MBBS studies at a Russian university can prepare for the PLAB examination.