Philippines is a Southeast Asian island nation in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of about 7,000 islands and islets located around 500 miles (800 kilometers) off the coast of Vietnam. Although Manila is the country’s capital, Quezon City is its most populous city. Both are located on Luzon, the largest island, and are part of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila). Mindanao, the Philippines’ second largest island, is located in the southeast.
Romania is a country in southeastern Europe noted for its forested Transylvania area, which is surrounded by the Carpathian Mountains. Its ancient towns, such as Sighişoara, are well maintained, and there are numerous fortified churches and castles, including the clifftop Bran Castle, which has long been associated with the Dracula legend. The colossal, Communist-era Palatul Parlamentului government edifice is located in Bucharest, the country’s capital.
About Philippines Government
The Philippines’ national government is known as the Government of the Philippines. It is governed as a unitary state under a presidential representative, democratic, and constitutional republic, with the President serving as both the country’s head of state and the country’s head of government under a pluriform multi-party system.
About Romania Government
The Romanian Government is one-half of the Romanian government’s executive branch (the other half being the office of the President of Romania). It consists of the ministries, other subordinated institutions and agencies, and the 42 prefectures, and is led by Romania’s Prime Minister. The Romanian government is headquartered in Bucharest’s Victoria Palace.
Climate Comparison between Philippines & Romania
The Philippines has a tropical and marine climate. It is marked by high temperatures, high humidity, and a lot of rain.
The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius, and the warmest month is May, with a mean temperature of 28.3 degrees Celsius.
Romania features a transitional temperate-continental climate that is unique to Central Europe. In the winter, the average temperature is below – 3°C, while in the summer, it is between 22°C and 24°C.
In the south of the country, the average annual temperature is 11°C, whereas in the north, it is 8°C.
Culture in Philippines & Romania
Culture in Philippines
The Philippines is a country where East and West collide. Filipinos have a distinct Asian heritage as well as a strong Western tradition. Chinese traders, Spanish conquistadors, and American rulers all had an impact on modern Filipino society.
Culture in Romania
Romanian life may be a wonderful blend of music and regional food, which you can sample in one of the country’s many restaurants and bars. Religion is a significant part of the local culture, particularly in terms of family life.
Languages in Philippines
Filipino, English, and Spanish are the three official languages of the Philippines. More than a dozen regional languages are spoken throughout the archipelago.
Languages in Romania
Romanian, a Roman language with considerable parallels to Italian, is the country’s official language. Hungarian and Romani are among the minority languages spoken in Romania. There is also a sizable Romanian diaspora, which means that many Romanians live abroad.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Philippines
Although the Philippines is a safe country and a great place to visit, you should always be alert of your surroundings when travelling anywhere in the globe. You cannot keep your passports, identification cards, and credit cards on you at all times.
Safe & Security in Romania
Romania is a country with a low crime rate. Petty theft occurs from time to time without being aggressive. The lower the crime rate, the smaller the city. We only work with areas that fulfil our stringent safety standards, which is why we normally advise clients to stay away from Bucharest.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Philippines
MBBS college expenses in the Philippines range from 12 to 20 lacs. Every year, about 8000 people apply to medical schools in the Philippines.
Cost of MBBS Education in Romania
In Romania, the annual tuition fee for MBBS is as little as INR 3,90,000. A year’s worth of living expenses could be around Rs. 4 lakhs.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Philippines
The National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) is a standardized admission test for medical school that is administered by all medical schools, colleges, and universities in the Philippines. Candidates interested in studying medicine in the Philippines must pass the NEET exam.
Cost of Living in Romania
Students will require a monthly budget of 300 to 500 RON on average. This is divided down into 150-300 RON per month for a private flat and roughly 150 RON per month for groceries.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines & Romania
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines
Students seeking admission to Georgia’s best medical universities are not need to take an entrance exam; instead, admission is granted based on class 10+2 grades.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Romania
There is no entrance test for admission to Romanian medical colleges, except from specified eligibility conditions. For MBBS admission, the student must pass the NEET examination.
Intakes for MBBS in Philippines & Romania
MBBS Intakes in Philippines
In the Philippines, there are two intakes for university admissions: one in June and one in November. In the Philippines, the academic year for MBBS courses usually starts in September.
MBBS Intakes in Romania
Around Romania, the MBBS study intake usually begins in the middle of August. It is preferable for MBBS applicants to apply in the months of June and July.
Duration of MBBS in Philippines & Romania
MBBS Duration in Philippines
In the Philippines, MBBS takes Five years to complete. The entire program consists of 4 years of medical school and one year of internship, which can be completed on campus or in India.
MBBS Duration in Romania
In Romania, the MBBS programme lasts six years, including five years of clinical study at university and one year of internship at local hospitals.
Distance from India
Philippines from India Travel Time
India and the Philippines are separated by 4774 kilometers. Between India and Manila (Philippines’ capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Romania from India Travel Time
Between Delhi and Romania, the shortest distance is 3,046.56 miles (4,902.97 km). Between India and Bucharest (Romania’s capital), the average flight time is 10 hours and 45 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Philippines & Romania
MBBS Internship in Philippines
Medical graduates must do one year of internship in accredited hospitals and health centers after acquiring their Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree through a four-year programme.
MBBS Internship in Romania
The MBBS programme at an Armenian medical university lasts six years, including five years of classroom instruction and one year of practical training in a university-affiliated hospital.
Top Medical Universities in Philippines & Romania
List of Top Colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine – Makati
- Angeles University Foundation – Pampanga
- Davao Medical School Foundation – Davao
- Lyceum-Northwestern University – Dagupan
- Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) – Valenzuela
- University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH)
- UV Gullas College of Medicine – Las Piñas
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – San Carlos City
List of Top Colleges in Romania:
- Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Bucharest
- GR T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Iași
- Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Cluj-Napoca
- Ovidius University of Constanta – Constanța
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Craiova – Craiova
- University of Oradea – Oradea
- Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Timișoara
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Philippines
FMGE is administered twice a year, with a passing score of 50%. But, the pass percentage of FMGE is not very encouraging.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Romania
The NMC screening test for Medicine Study in Romania is only passed by a small percentage of students. 336 Indians who graduated from Romania took the FMGE, and 33 of them passed with a 9.82 percent pass rate.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS, students in the Philippines are awarded a medical degree that is recognized globally.
- In the Right Direction Medical colleges and universities in the Philippines offer MBBS courses in English, allowing students to communicate with one another.
- In the Right Direction the MCI has approved medical institutions and universities in the Philippines (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- In the Right Direction Students who completed their MBBS in the Philippines can practice in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- In the Right Direction To provide better exposure to future medical practitioners, the faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities uses a unified problem-based learning method.
- In the Right Direction After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can begin studying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) in order to pursue a PG programme in the United States.
- In the Right Direction for Indian students, the Philippines is a very safe place to study, and the atmosphere is equally safe.
- In the Right Direction in the Philippines, there is no necessity to pay a contribution or capitation fee in order to enroll in an MBBS programme.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Romania:
- The infrastructure of Armenian colleges is state-of-the-art, with high-class modern technologies. Armenia is the place to go if you want to obtain practical knowledge using all latest and innovative technologies.
- Armenia’s landscape is breathtaking for everyone, regardless of where they come from, their faith, or their nation of origin.
- In comparison to India, the cost of studying MBBS in Armenia is quite affordable.
- In comparison to other nations, obtaining a visa from Armenia is not a tough procedure.
- Because schooling is conducted in English, there is no need to worry about passing IELTS or TOEFL.
- As previously said, Armenian colleges do not only provide an MBBS programme, but also other related degrees in the medical profession. Armenia is the ideal option if you want to study something other than MBBS but still stay close to medicine.
- Everything in the Armenian MBBS Colleges is up to par, including a world-class library, canteen facilities, laundry services, and residential accommodations with Wi-Fi.
- Students could also participate in a variety of exchange programme.
- Armenia offers a variety of international scholarships in addition to the inexpensive cost of studying MBBS. An extra point for a student who requires assistance in paying their tuition expenses.
- If students are interested in pursuing a profession in Armenia, they can practice at hospitals during their internship.
- Student safety, which is a worry for many parents, is equally important to Armenian universities and officials, so students should take precautions.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.
Scope after MBBS in Romania:
Practice Medicine in India
In order to practice medicine in India after completing an MBBS abroad, Indian students must take a screening test administered by the National Board of Examinations on behalf of the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Students who pass the exam can subsequently register with the National Medical Council to practice medicine. The goal of the test is to assess an individual’s own abilities, skills, comprehension, and grasp of key medical procedures.
Practice Medicine in Romania
A graduate of the difficult MBBS programme has a bright career ahead of them. He/she has the option of working full-time at a private hospital or applying for a position in a government hospital. He or she can also pursue a private practice in Romania or return to India to pursue a limitless array of possibilities.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
After completing an MBBS in Romania, students can apply for and study for a postgraduate degree anywhere in Europe. It is a country where one can find work and make a home after finishing their studies.
Post-Graduation in Romania
In Romania, medical specializations offer resident physicians with the information and skills necessary of highly skilled medical professionals. Residents are licensed doctors who complete internships in University-owned hospitals (or other hospitals/services in agreement with Universities) under the supervision of tutors (Heads of Department) who are members of the medical staffs of these hospitals (or services), and who follow a set of programme.
In Romania, medical specialization (medical postgraduate, specialization/ resident programme) entails more than 80% clinical work (hospital work interacting with patients, professors and hospital professionals).
A resident doctor, also known as a resident physician, is a graduate and licensed physician who is learning a specialty through in-hospital training under the direction of the Department Head.
Candidates must meet both academic (a Doctor of Medicine or Dental Medicine degree) and language (at least a B2 level of Romanian language) requirements to be accepted for medical residency.
PG Degree/Practice in USA
All Romanian MBBS degrees are recognized by local and international organizations and bodies around the world, allowing graduates from any Romanian university to practice medicine overseas.
Furthermore, the International Medical Education Directory recognizes and lists all of Romania’s medical colleges and universities (IMED). This certification means that Romanian MBBS College students are eligible to take the US Medical Licensing Examinations, as well as to pursue postgraduate medical (Residency) training and practice in the US.