Philippines is a Southeast Asian island nation in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of about 7,000 islands and islets located around 500 miles (800 kilometers) off the coast of Vietnam. Although Manila is the country’s capital, Quezon City is its most populous city. Both are located on Luzon, the largest island, and are part of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila). Mindanao, the Philippines’ second largest island, is located in the southeast.
Poland is a central European country. Poland is situated at a geographical crossroads that connects the forested lands of northwest Europe with the Atlantic Ocean’s sea lanes and the lush plains of the Eurasian border. Poland has risen and waned over the centuries, buffeted by the forces of regional history. It is now surrounded by seven nations. From the Germans and Balts to the Mongols, successive waves of invaders conquered Poland’s minor princes and townships in the early Middle Ages. In the mid-1500s, an unified Poland was Europe’s largest state and possibly its most powerful nation.
About Philippines Government
The Philippines’ national government is known as the Government of the Philippines. It is governed as a unitary state under a presidential representative, democratic, and constitutional republic, with the President serving as both the country’s head of state and the country’s head of government under a pluriform multi-party system.
About Poland Government
Poland is a representative democracy with a president serving as the country’s chief executive. The Council of Ministers, led by a prime minister, is at the heart of the government. The president picks the cabinet based on the prime minister’s suggestions, which are usually from the dominant coalition in the Sejm. Every five years, the president is elected by popular vote. Andrzej Duda is the current president, while Mateusz Morawiecki is the current prime minister.
Climate Comparison between Philippines & Poland
The Philippines has a tropical and marine climate. It is marked by high temperatures, high humidity, and a lot of rain.
The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius, and the warmest month is May, with a mean temperature of 28.3 degrees Celsius.
Summers are often hot, with average temperatures ranging from 18 to 30 degrees Celsius (64.4 to 86.0 degrees Fahrenheit) depending on the location.
Winters are chilly, with average temperatures in the northwest of 3 °C (37.4 °F) and the northeast of 6 °C (21 °F). Precipitation falls throughout the year, while winter is drier than summer, especially in the east.
Culture in Philippines & Poland
Culture in Philippines
The Philippines is a country where East and West collide. Filipinos have a distinct Asian heritage as well as a strong Western tradition. Chinese traders, Spanish conquistadors, and American rulers all had an impact on modern Filipino society.
Culture in Poland
Poland’s culture is inextricably linked to its complex 1,000-year history and is an important component of Western civilization. Poles are extremely proud of their national identity, which is typically associated with the colours white and red and expressed by the phrase biao-czerwoni (“whitereds”). The crowned white-tailed eagle, in particular, is frequently seen on clothes, insignia, and emblems. Polonophilia is a term used to describe the admiration for Poland’s traditions and cultural heritage.
Languages in Philippines
Filipino, English, and Spanish are the three official languages of the Philippines. More than a dozen regional languages are spoken throughout the archipelago.
Languages in Poland
Polish is the sole official and most widely used language in Poland. More than half of Poles claim to have at least rudimentary understanding of English, with German coming in second (38%).
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Philippines
Although the Philippines is a safe country and a great place to visit, you should always be alert of your surroundings when travelling anywhere in the globe. You cannot keep your passports, identification cards, and credit cards on you at all times.
Safe & Security in Poland
Poland is far safer than the majority of European nations. Even the so-called “secure” Nordic countries have a considerably higher crime rate than Poland. International students of all races, beliefs, and origins are absolutely safe in this environment.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Philippines
MBBS college expenses in the Philippines range from 12 to 20 lacs. Every year, about 8000 people apply to medical schools in the Philippines.
Cost of MBBS Education in Poland
In comparison to other European countries, Poland’s university fees are modest. For six years, the average cost is roughly 30 lakhs to 40 lakhs Indian rupees.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Philippines
The average monthly cost of living in the Philippines for a single person is around 28,200PHP ($580), excluding rent.
Cost of Living in Poland
Poland is a relatively inexpensive European country with a solid economy. International students’ monthly living costs range from 400 to 650 USD.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines & Poland
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines
Candidates interested in studying medicine in the Philippines must pass the NEET exam.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Poland
In order to apply for MBBS admission in Poland, no entrance exam is required. You must pass the National Eligibility Entrance Exam if you wish to study medicine in Poland (NEET).
Intakes for MBBS in Philippines & Poland
MBBS Intakes in Philippines
In the Philippines, there are two intakes for university admissions: one in June and one in November. In the Philippines, the academic year for MBBS courses usually starts in September.
MBBS Intakes in Poland
Summer and winter intakes are the two most important intakes in Poland. In Poland, winter intake begins in September or October and lasts until February or March.
Duration of MBBS in Philippines & Poland
MBBS Duration in Philippines
In the Philippines, MBBS takes Five years to complete. The entire program consists of 4 years of medical school and one year of internship, which can be completed on campus or in India.
MBBS Duration in Poland
In Poland, MBBS education lasts six years and includes a one-year mandatory internship.
Distance from India
Philippines from India Travel Time
India and the Philippines are separated by 4774 kilometers. Between India and Manila (Philippines’ capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Poland from India Travel Time
The shortest distance between India and Poland by air is 6,171 kilometers. Between India and Warsaw (Poland’s capital), the average flight time is 10 hours and 10 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Philippines & Poland
MBBS Internship in Philippines
Medical graduates must do one year of internship in accredited hospitals and health centers after acquiring their Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree through a four-year programme.
MBBS Internship in Poland
A young doctor must complete a one-year medical internship before taking a general knowledge exam that would grant him the license to practice.
Top Medical Universities in Philippines & Poland
List of Top Colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine – Makati
- Angeles University Foundation – Pampanga
- Davao Medical School Foundation – Davao
- Lyceum-Northwestern University – Dagupan
- Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) – Valenzuela
- University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH)
- UV Gullas College of Medicine – Las Piñas
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – San Carlos City
List of Top Colleges in Poland:
- Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University – Kraków
- Medical University of Bialystok – Białystok
- Medical University of Gdansk – Gdansk
- Medical University of Lodz – Lodz
- Medical University of Lublin – Lublin
- Nicolaus Copernicus University – Toruń
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences – Poznań
- The Medical University of Silesia – Katowice
- The Silesian Piasts Medical University of Wroclaw – Wroclaw
- University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn – Olsztyn
- Warsaw Medical Academy – Warszawa
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Philippines
FMGE is administered twice a year, with a passing score of 50%. But, the pass percentage of FMGE is not very encouraging.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Poland
The pass rate of Polish students taking the FMGE has been extremely low, and it continues to be below 20%.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS, students in the Philippines are awarded a medical degree that is recognized globally.
- In the Right Direction Medical colleges and universities in the Philippines offer MBBS courses in English, allowing students to communicate with one another.
- In the Right Direction the MCI has approved medical institutions and universities in the Philippines (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- In the Right Direction Students who completed their MBBS in the Philippines can practice in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- In the Right Direction To provide better exposure to future medical practitioners, the faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities uses a unified problem-based learning method.
- In the Right Direction After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can begin studying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) in order to pursue a PG programme in the United States.
- In the Right Direction for Indian students, the Philippines is a very safe place to study, and the atmosphere is equally safe.
- In the Right Direction in the Philippines, there is no necessity to pay a contribution or capitation fee in order to enroll in an MBBS programme.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Poland:
- During MBBS in Poland, coaching for the FMGE / MCI Screening Test is provided, as well as a mock test.
- MCI and WHO are two organizations that recognize the best medical colleges in Poland.
- IELTS and TOEFL are not required for MBBS education in Poland.
- One interns at a prestigious government and private hospital.
- All of Poland’s major medical universities provide high-quality English-medium education.
- In Poland, you can study medicine without having to pay any gift or capitation fees.
- The best MBBS colleges in Poland are among the top universities in the world.
- In Poland, there is a low tuition fee structure for the MBBS course.
- Because there is no entrance exam, the MBBS admission process in Poland is quite basic and straightforward.
- After graduation, you will have a globally recognized medical degree.
- Some eligible candidates are awarded MBBS Scholarships in Poland.
- Students who apply for an MBBS degree in Poland are eligible to take licensure exams such as the MCI Screening Test, the USMLE-1, and the PLAB in the United Kingdom.
- In comparison to other countries, Poland has a very moderate climate.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.
Scope after MBBS in Poland:
Practice Medicine in India
You can return to India, take the NMC screening test, and begin practicing medicine or further your education in India.
Practice Medicine in Poland
You can establish yourself in Poland and begin practicing medicine. You would also have the option of practicing or pursuing higher education in any other European country.
Post-Graduation in USA
After completing the MBBS programme in Poland, you will be eligible to apply for PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board) evaluation and the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) in order to continue further medical study in the United Kingdom or the United States.
Post-Graduation in Poland
For students who have graduated from one of Poland’s best colleges, post-graduation options are available. After completing their MBBS, graduates of Polish universities are eligible to pursue MD studies in Poland. The MD degree from Poland is a four-year programme that prepares students to practice medicine in a variety of settings around the world.