Philippines is a Southeast Asian island nation in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of about 7,000 islands and islets located around 500 miles (800 kilometers) off the coast of Vietnam. Although Manila is the country’s capital, Quezon City is its most populous city. Both are located on Luzon, the largest island, and are part of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila). Mindanao, the Philippines’ second largest island, is located in the southeast.
Bulgaria is a Balkan country with a diversified landscape that includes the Black Sea coast, a mountainous interior, and rivers such as the Danube. It boasts a rich heritage of traditional dance, music, clothing, and crafts, and is a cultural melting pot with Greek, Slavic, Ottoman, and Persian influences. Sofia, the country’s capital city, was founded in the 5th century B.C. at the foot of the domed Vitosha Mountain.
About Philippines Government
The Philippines’ national government is known as the Government of the Philippines. It is governed as a unitary state under a presidential representative, democratic, and constitutional republic, with the President serving as both the country’s head of state and the country’s head of government under a pluriform multi-party system.
About Bulgaria Government
The National Assembly passed a new constitution in July 1991, which established a parliamentary government and guaranteed direct presidential elections, separation of powers, and freedom of speech, press, conscience, and religion. Property that had been taken by past communist governments might now be returned under new legislation. Other legislation aimed at fulfilling EU norms, such as those governing competition, foreign investment, intellectual property rights, and a commercial code, were also passed.
Climate Comparison between Philippines & Bulgaria
The Philippines has a tropical and marine climate. It is marked by high temperatures, high humidity, and a lot of rain.
The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius, and the warmest month is May, with a mean temperature of 28.3 degrees Celsius.
In Spring, May is typically sunny and attractive, with pleasant temperatures. Over the course of the month, the average low temperature rises from 7.2°C (45°F) to 13.3°C (55.9°F).
Bulgarian winters are chilly and snowy in February. Except for harsh temperatures at altitudes above 1000 metres, the typical temperature in much of the country is in the cold range of -5°C (23°F) to 9.4°C (48.9°F).
Summer is warm, if not scorching, especially in the interior plains: the heat is particularly intense in the lowlands, especially when far from the sea. Highs are usually about 30/32 °C (86/90 °F), however there are some really hot days, with temperatures reaching 40 °C (104 °F).
Culture in Philippines & Bulgaria
Culture in Philippines
The Philippines is a country where East and West collide. Filipinos have a distinct Asian heritage as well as a strong Western tradition. Chinese traders, Spanish conquistadors, and American rulers all had an impact on modern Filipino society.
Culture in Bulgaria
Bulgarian culture today is a vibrant mix of millennia-old folk traditions and a more formal culture that played a key role in the emergence of national consciousness and the development of a modern state during Ottoman control.
Because Bulgaria’s population is mainly homogeneous, cultural diversity is little even at the provincial level. The state promotes cultural growth at all levels of society and promotes cultural diffusion, particularly through schools, libraries, museums, publishing, and public radio and television. In the 1990s, Bulgaria’s various theatrical companies, opera companies, and orchestras began merging into larger, more competitive units.
Languages in Philippines
Filipino, English, and Spanish are the three official languages of the Philippines. More than a dozen regional languages are spoken throughout the archipelago.
Languages in Bulgaria
Bulgaria’s official language is Bulgarian, which is spoken by 85 percent of the country’s people. Turkish (9.1%) and Romani (4.2%) are the other prominent languages (the two main varieties being Balkan Romani and Vlax Romani). Western Armenian, Aromanian, Crimean Tatar, Gagauz and Balkan Gagauz, Macedonian, and English have lesser populations.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Philippines
Although the Philippines is a safe country and a great place to visit, you should always be alert of your surroundings when travelling anywhere in the globe. You cannot keep your passports, identification cards, and credit cards on you at all times.
Safe & Security in Bulgaria
Bulgaria is unquestionably one of Europe’s safest countries. It is crucial to highlight that over the last ten years, crime rates in Bulgaria have decreased significantly.
Every university campus has its own security officers on ready to assist any students who require assistance. Additionally, universities ensure that all students have access to the appropriate security information. Furthermore, police work closely with campus security staff, and most locations have CCTV cameras to assist patrol squads on their regular rounds.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Philippines
MBBS college expenses in the Philippines range from 12 to 20 lacs. Every year, about 8000 people apply to medical schools in the Philippines.
Cost of MBBS Education in Bulgaria
Medical university tuition prices in Bulgaria range from 7500 to 8000 Euros per year for a lengthy program of medical study in English (general medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy) and from 3100 to 4000 Euros per year for a short program of medical study, depending on the university.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Philippines
The average monthly cost of living in the Philippines for a single person is around 28,200PHP ($580), excluding rent.
Cost of Living in Bulgaria
Bulgaria has a low cost of living for students. Bulgaria’s cost of living varies based on one’s lifestyle. You should anticipate to spend around €17,000 per year on food, lodging, transportation, and other necessities.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines & Bulgaria
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines
Students seeking admission to Georgia’s best medical universities are not need to take an entrance exam; instead, admission is granted based on class 10+2 grades.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Bulgaria
The National Medical Commission requires a valid NEET score with a minimum percentage score.
Intakes for MBBS in Philippines & Bulgaria
MBBS Intakes in Philippines
In the Philippines, there are two intakes for university admissions: one in June and one in November. In the Philippines, the academic year for MBBS courses usually starts in September.
MBBS Intakes in Bulgaria
In April, universities begin accepting applications. Applications are due by the end of September or the beginning of October. Each year, 3,000 to 4,000 MBBS students are enrolled at Bulgarian universities.
Duration of MBBS in Philippines & Bulgaria
MBBS Duration in Philippines
In the Philippines, MBBS takes Five years to complete. The entire program consists of 4 years of medical school and one year of internship, which can be completed on campus or in India.
MBBS Duration in Bulgaria
In Bulgaria, the MBBS programme lasts six years. It consists of five years of classroom instruction and one year of practical training at the university’s affiliated hospital.
Distance from India
Philippines from India Travel Time
India and the Philippines are separated by 4774 kilometers. Between India and Manila (Philippines’ capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Bulgaria from India Travel Time
The average flight time between India and Sofia (Bulgaria’s capital), is 10 hours and 45 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Philippines & Bulgaria
MBBS Internship in Philippines
Medical graduates must do one year of internship in accredited hospitals and health centers after acquiring their Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree through a four-year programme.
MBBS Internship in Bulgaria
We provide.as it is equal to the 6th academic year you spent as an internship in Bulgaria after graduating from a Bulgarian medical school.
Top Medical Universities in Philippines & Bulgaria
List of Top Colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine – Makati
- Angeles University Foundation – Pampanga
- Davao Medical School Foundation – Davao
- Lyceum-Northwestern University – Dagupan
- Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) – Valenzuela
- University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH)
- UV Gullas College of Medicine – Las Piñas
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – San Carlos City
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Philippines
FMGE is administered twice a year, with a passing score of 50%. But, the pass percentage of FMGE is not very encouraging.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Bulgaria
- International students gain an understanding of European living standards.
- Bulgaria has geographical advantages due to its location in Central Europe.
- It is a cultural, historical, and ethnic melting pot.
- Students can enroll in low-cost Bulgarian medical schools.
- Lecturers and professors of international reputation make up the faculty at Georgia’s best MBBS colleges.
- NMC, WHO, and FAIMER all certify Bulgarian colleges.
- Bulgaria has a low cost of living when compared to other countries.
- No language examinations, such as the IELTS or TOEFL, are required of the pupils.
- After finishing their MBBS, students can pursue MD programs at some of Bulgaria’s leading universities.
- In Bulgaria and abroad, students can find a plethora of work and internship options.
- The teaching hospitals linked with Bulgarian universities boast of a solid infrastructure and cutting-edge technology.
- In Bulgaria, teaching hospitals have a high patient intake, so students profit from the experience.
- The university also provides opportunities for students to learn local languages and dialects.
- The pupils get the opportunity to travel around Bulgaria and adjacent countries.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS, students in the Philippines are awarded a medical degree that is recognized globally.
- In the Right Direction Medical colleges and universities in the Philippines offer MBBS courses in English, allowing students to communicate with one another.
- In the Right Direction the MCI has approved medical institutions and universities in the Philippines (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- In the Right Direction Students who completed their MBBS in the Philippines can practice in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- In the Right Direction To provide better exposure to future medical practitioners, the faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities uses a unified problem-based learning method.
- In the Right Direction After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can begin studying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) in order to pursue a PG programme in the United States.
- In the Right Direction for Indian students, the Philippines is a very safe place to study, and the atmosphere is equally safe.
- In the Right Direction in the Philippines, there is no necessity to pay a contribution or capitation fee in order to enroll in an MBBS programme.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Bulgaria :
- In Belarus, a high number of Indians are pursuing medicine.
- MBBS in India is tough for a variety of reasons.
- First and foremost, in India, there is fierce rivalry.
- The majority of mbbs hopefuls are denied admission to Indian mbbs universities.
- The fees charged by private universities are exorbitant.
- As a result, Indians prefer Belarus mbbs education.
- Belarus is one of the finest possibilities for them because of its low cost of living and high-quality education.
- MBBS universities in Belarus have outstanding infrastructure and amenities.
- NMC has recognized the medical universities, allowing them to practice medicine in India.
- WHO recognizes the degrees, allowing them to practice anywhere in the globe.
- The professors and faculty are exceptionally skilled and talented.
- Belarus’s cost of living is also extremely low.
- The institution in Belarus includes hostel facilities that are advantageous to Indian students.
- For the Indian students, they have Indian cooks who create Indian meals.
- Belarus is one of the safest countries in the world for MBBS students.
- The country’s environment is nice all year, making it ideal for Indian students.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.
Scope after MBBS in Bulgaria:
- Students who graduate from Bulgarian universities can return to their home countries to pursue MBBS in India.
- After graduating from one of Bulgaria’s top colleges, students can take the NMC screening tests.
- Many students might also choose to practice medicine and other areas in Bulgaria.
- Graduates can consider PG Courses in Bulgaria, Europe, or even the United States.
PG Options after MBBS in Bulgaria:
- Students at Bulgarian MBBS universities have the option of continuing their education with specialized courses after graduation.
- After graduation, students might choose to pursue an MD degree in Bulgaria.
- All you have to do is apply for MD courses and submit your graduation documents.
- Students graduating from Bulgarian universities have the option of settling in Bulgaria to practice medicine.
- Another attractive alternative for students is to relocate to another country, such as the United Kingdom, the United States, or Canada.
- Students can readily find jobs and internships because Bulgarian universities have relationships with other colleges throughout the world.