Philippines is a Southeast Asian island nation in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of about 7,000 islands and islets located around 500 miles (800 kilometers) off the coast of Vietnam. Although Manila is the country’s capital, Quezon City is its most populous city. Both are located on Luzon, the largest island, and are part of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila). Mindanao, the Philippines’ second largest island, is located in the southeast.
Bangladesh is a country in Southern Asia that is on the Bay of Bengal and is surrounded on all sides by India, with the exception of a tiny border with Burma. Bangladesh’s lowlands are flat, and the majority of the country is built on the deltas of enormous rivers that flow down from the Himalayas.
About Philippines Government
The Philippines’ national government is known as the Government of the Philippines. It is governed as a unitary state under a presidential representative, democratic, and constitutional republic, with the President serving as both the country’s head of state and the country’s head of government under a pluriform multi-party system.
About Bangladesh Government
The government is a parliamentary democracy, with the president as the chief of state and the prime minister as the head of government. Bangladesh features a traditional economic system in which available resources are allocated via rudimentary methods and heredity. Bangladesh is a signatory to the Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) as well as the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) (SAARC).
Climate Comparison between Philippines & Bangladesh
The Philippines has a tropical and marine climate. It is marked by high temperatures, high humidity, and a lot of rain.
The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius, and the warmest month is May, with a mean temperature of 28.3 degrees Celsius.
Spring, from March to May, is the hottest season, with average maximum temperatures reaching 35 °C (95 °F) in inland areas in April, but not exceeding 32/33 °C (90/91 °F) at the coast.
Winter is slightly cooler (October to March), with maximum temperatures ranging from 22 to 29 degrees Celsius (72 – 84 degrees Fahrenheit).
Maximum summer temperatures often vary between 30°C and 40°C. In most sections of the country, April is the warmest month.
Culture in Philippines & Bangladesh
Culture in Philippines
The Philippines is a country where East and West collide. Filipinos have a distinct Asian heritage as well as a strong Western tradition. Chinese traders, Spanish conquistadors, and American rulers all had an impact on modern Filipino society.
Culture in Bangladesh
Bangladesh has a diverse and rich culture. Its architecture, dance, literature, music, painting, and clothing all reflect its deep-rooted heritage. Bangladesh’s three major religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam) have had a significant impact on the country’s culture and history. Bangladeshis have a long literary tradition, with the first available form of literature dating back over a thousand years. With the development of popular poets like Chandi Das, Daulat Kazi, and Alaol, Bengali literature developed significantly during the mediaeval period.
Languages in Philippines
Filipino, English, and Spanish are the three official languages of the Philippines. More than a dozen regional languages are spoken throughout the archipelago.
Languages in Bangladesh
Many people are shocked to learn that Bangladesh has a large number of languages. Bangla or Bengali and English are the official language of Bangladesh, and it is spoken by the vast majority of the population. Bangla is also spoken in India, Malawi, Nepal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States, where a large number of Bangladesh expatriates may have settled.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Philippines
Although the Philippines is a safe country and a great place to visit, you should always be alert of your surroundings when travelling anywhere in the globe. You cannot keep your passports, identification cards, and credit cards on you at all times.
Safe & Security in Bangladesh
For Indian or international students, Bangladesh is a safe place. Bangladeshi medical colleges ensure that students are completely safe and secure.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Philippines
MBBS college expenses in the Philippines range from 12 to 20 lacs. Every year, about 8000 people apply to medical schools in the Philippines.
Cost of MBBS Education in Bangladesh
The cost of studying medicine in Bangladesh ranges from 38000 USD to 45000 USD.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Philippines
The average monthly cost of living in the Philippines for a single person is around 28,200PHP ($580), excluding rent.
Cost of Living in Bangladesh
Without rent, a family of four would spend $1363 ($116,823) per month. Without rent, a single person’s projected monthly costs are 393$ (33,659$). Bangladesh has a 52.94 percent cheaper cost of living than the United States. The average rent in Bangladesh is 89.37 percent less than in the United States.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines & Bangladesh
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines
Students seeking admission to Georgia’s best medical universities are not need to take an entrance exam; instead, admission is granted based on class 10+2 grades.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Bangladesh
NEET qualifying score is necessary for NMC/MCI Equivalent Certificate starting in Session 2021-2022. NEET is required to study MBBS in Bangladesh starting in Session 2021-2022.
Intakes for MBBS in Philippines & Bangladesh
MBBS Intakes in Philippines
In the Philippines, there are two intakes for university admissions: one in June and one in November. In the Philippines, the academic year for MBBS courses usually starts in September.
MBBS Intakes in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the admissions process begins in February. The deadline for applying will be in May. The first day of classes will be in the month of August.
Duration of MBBS in Philippines & Bangladesh
MBBS Duration in Philippines
In the Philippines, MBBS takes Five years to complete. The entire program consists of 4 years of medical school and one year of internship, which can be completed on campus or in India.
MBBS Duration in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the MBBS programme lasts five years and is separated into four parts. Exams are taken semester by semester in college and phase by phase in university. A one-year internship is required after completing these five years and passing the Final Professional MBBS exam.
Distance from India
Philippines from India Travel Time
India and the Philippines are separated by 4774 kilometers. Between India and Manila (Philippines’ capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Bangladesh from India Travel Time
The flying time between India and Bangladesh is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Philippines & Bangladesh
MBBS Internship in Philippines
Medical graduates must do one year of internship in accredited hospitals and health centers after acquiring their Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree through a four-year programme.
MBBS Internship in Bangladesh
Hundreds of Indian nationals who have previously finished their MBBS course and internships in teaching hospitals in countries such as China, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines are not required to complete another year of training in India.
Top Medical Universities in Philippines & Bangladesh
List of Top Colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine – Makati
- Angeles University Foundation – Pampanga
- Davao Medical School Foundation – Davao
- Lyceum-Northwestern University – Dagupan
- Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) – Valenzuela
- University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH)
- UV Gullas College of Medicine – Las Piñas
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – San Carlos City
List of Top Colleges in Bangladesh :
- Bangladesh Medical College – Dhaka
- Delta Medical College – Dhaka
- Dhaka National Medical College – Dhaka
- Enam Medical College – Dhaka
- Green Life Medical College – Dhaka
- Jahurul Islam Medical College – Bhagalpur
- Mainamoti Medical College – Cummila
- Southern Medical College – Chattogram
- H. Sikder Women’s Medical College – Dhaka
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Philippines
FMGE is administered twice a year, with a passing score of 50%. But, the pass percentage of FMGE is not very encouraging.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Bangladesh
FMGE is a programme for Indian medical graduates who obtained their MBBS outside of India. Bangladesh students have a pass rate of around 38%.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS, students in the Philippines are awarded a medical degree that is recognized globally.
- In the Right Direction Medical colleges and universities in the Philippines offer MBBS courses in English, allowing students to communicate with one another.
- In the Right Direction the MCI has approved medical institutions and universities in the Philippines (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- In the Right Direction Students who completed their MBBS in the Philippines can practice in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- In the Right Direction To provide better exposure to future medical practitioners, the faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities uses a unified problem-based learning method.
- In the Right Direction After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can begin studying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) in order to pursue a PG programme in the United States.
- In the Right Direction for Indian students, the Philippines is a very safe place to study, and the atmosphere is equally safe.
- In the Right Direction in the Philippines, there is no necessity to pay a contribution or capitation fee in order to enroll in an MBBS programme.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Bangladesh :
- The WHO and UNESCO acknowledge the MBBS degree, and it is accepted all throughout the world. Advantages of MBBS in Bangladesh.
- Because there are no direct entrance criteria, the admission procedure is substantially simpler.
- In order to get admitted to Bangladesh, no donation is necessary.
- Students in Bangladesh have the chance to complete their internship program at a world-class medical college, global corporations, and international hospitals.
- Practical’s and experiments are offered to students to help them improve their skills.
- Bangladesh’s hospitals are well-equipped with cutting-edge technology and infrastructure.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.
Scope after MBBS in Bangladesh:
- Here are some of the best medical schools that have been approved and listed by the MCI/WHO.
- The greatest MCI pass rate demonstrates that they provide pupils with a high-quality education.
- After earning an MBBS degree in Bangladesh, you have a lot of possibilities. If a student wishes to pursue a career as a doctor, he or she may do so after passing the FMGE in India.
- In India, students can pursue their postgraduate studies in any field they wish. Do PG from other nations, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Germany. In India, you can apply for government jobs.
PG Options after MBBS in Bangladesh:
The MD/MS program is for candidates who want to pursue clinical practice while also honing their research skills in a related field. A student can apply for one of two post-graduate (specialty) program after successfully completing MBBS:
- MD – Post graduate medical Degree (Doctor of Medicine)
- MS – Post graduate surgical degree (Master of Surgery)