Philippines is a Southeast Asian island nation in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of about 7,000 islands and islets located around 500 miles (800 kilometers) off the coast of Vietnam. Although Manila is the country’s capital, Quezon City is its most populous city. Both are located on Luzon, the largest island, and are part of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila). Mindanao, the Philippines’ second largest island, is located in the southeast.
Armenia is a Transcaucasia country that is immediately south of the enormous Caucasus mountain range, on Asia’s northwestern border. Armenia is bordered on the north and east by Georgia and Azerbaijan, and on the southeast and west by Iran and Turkey, respectively. Naxçvan, an Azerbaijani exclave, shares a southwest border with Armenia. Yerevan is the capital (Erevan).The Armenian people’s basic existence was jeopardized by Ottoman and Persian conquerors’ centuries-long control. During the 19th century, Russia invaded eastern Armenia, while western Armenia remained under Ottoman administration, and the Ottoman authorities committed systematic massacres and forced deportations of Armenians in 1894–96 and 1915.
Nagorno-Karabakh (also known as Artsakh), a 1,700-square-mile (4,400-square-kilometer) enclave in southern Azerbaijan populated mostly by ethnic Armenians, has been a source of violent conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan since 1988. By the mid-1990s, Karabakh Armenian forces had captured much of southwestern Azerbaijan, but they were forced to flee after a devastating battle in 2020.
About Philippines Government
The Philippines’ national government is known as the Government of the Philippines. It is governed as a unitary state under a presidential representative, democratic, and constitutional republic, with the President serving as both the country’s head of state and the country’s head of government under a pluriform multi-party system.
About Armenia Government
Armenia is a republic with a semi-presidential system. The president is the president of the United States and has extensive powers. The government is made up of ministers who are led by a prime minister and has executive power.
Armenia’s primary legislative authority is the single-chamber National Assembly (parliament). The prime minister is nominated by the parliamentary majority, subject to the president’s confirmation and following negotiations with parliamentary groups. On the basis of the prime minister’s recommendations, the president chooses and dismisses members of the government (ministers).
Climate Comparison between Philippines & Armenia
The Philippines has a tropical and marine climate. It is marked by high temperatures, high humidity, and a lot of rain.
The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius, and the warmest month is May, with a mean temperature of 28.3 degrees Celsius.
Temperatures can change dramatically from season to season. Summers are generally nice, with temperatures reaching 25°C, while temperatures in the Ararat valley can reach 40°C.
Armenian spring Nature is bursting with delicious foliage, and the average daytime temperature is 12 degrees Celsius (54 degrees Fahrenheit). At the same period, temperatures in the highlands might be as low as -1 °C (30 °F).
Winter is brief and bitterly cold, with a lot of snow. The average summer temperature in the mountains is between +10 and +22°C, and the average winter temperature is between +2 and -14°C. The average temperature on plain lands in January is -5 °C, and in July it is +25 °C.
Culture in Philippines & Armenia
Culture in Philippines
The Philippines is a country where East and West collide. Filipinos have a distinct Asian heritage as well as a strong Western tradition. Chinese traders, Spanish conquistadors, and American rulers all had an impact on modern Filipino society.
Culture in Armenia
Armenian culture exemplifies the Silk Road’s character, as its particular customs and unique art forms are the result of centuries of merging Western and Oriental cultures. Oral and literary tradition brings to life mythical heroes inspired by Greek gods and altered under Orthodox theology. Hellenistic temples compete with monasteries that are reminiscent of their Georgian counterparts but have unique designs. Hand-woven carpets look similar to those made by Iranian and Turkic neighbors until closer investigation shows telltale signs that they are Armenian.
Languages in Philippines
Filipino, English, and Spanish are the three official languages of the Philippines. More than a dozen regional languages are spoken throughout the archipelago.
Languages in Armenia
The majority of Armenia’s ethnically homogeneous population speaks Armenian as their first language. It is also the official language of the country. Russian, which was introduced to Armenia during the Russian occupation, is also extensively spoken throughout the country. In Armenia, English is becoming more popular as a foreign language. The country’s minority communities speak Yazidi, Assyrian, Greek, and Russian, respectively.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Philippines
Although the Philippines is a safe country and a great place to visit, you should always be alert of your surroundings when travelling anywhere in the globe. You cannot keep your passports, identification cards, and credit cards on you at all times.
Safe & Security in Armenia
Armenia is relatively safe, secure, and welcoming to Indian nationals. All Indian nationals, including students, who plan to stay in Armenia or Georgia for an extended period of time should register with the Indian Embassy in Yerevan as soon as possible.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Philippines
MBBS college expenses in the Philippines range from 12 to 20 lacs. Every year, about 8000 people apply to medical schools in the Philippines.
Cost of MBBS Education in Armenia
For medical students, MBBS fees in Armenia are also affordable. Students are not required to provide a large sum of money. In Armenia, the maximum fee for studying MBBs is 2500 USD per year, with a minimum of 4000 USD. Armenia has a monthly cost of living of $100 USD.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Philippines
The average monthly cost of living in the Philippines for a single person is around 28,200PHP ($580), excluding rent.
Cost of Living in Armenia
In Armenia, students will need roughly AMD 85,000 (€ 160) per month to pay living expenses, or AMD 850.000 (€ 1600) every academic year (10 months). With around €100 per month, students can usually live comfortably. Depending on their demands, each student can decide their own meal expenses.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines & Armenia
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines
Students seeking admission to Georgia’s best medical universities are not need to take an entrance exam; instead, admission is granted based on class 10+2 grades.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Armenia
In Armenia, there is no separate MBBS entrance exam. For admission to Armenia, foreign candidates must take the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Intakes for MBBS in Philippines & Armenia
MBBS Intakes in Philippines
In the Philippines, there are two intakes for university admissions: one in June and one in November. In the Philippines, the academic year for MBBS courses usually starts in September.
MBBS Intakes in Armenia
Abroad Educo known for guiding batches of Indian students to get admission in the best medical university in Armenia recommends Indian students to complete their application process to medical colleges Armenia latest by the months of June and July. Students must leave for Armenia with the correct set of documents in September/October depending on the date of session commencement by respective medical college in Armenia.
Duration of MBBS in Philippines & Armenia
MBBS Duration in Philippines
In the Philippines, MBBS takes Five years to complete. The entire program consists of 4 years of medical school and one year of internship, which can be completed on campus or in India.
MBBS Duration in Armenia
MBBS in Armenia, which has a number of MCI-accredited medical universities, is a 6-year programme that involves 5 years of theoretical medical studies and 1 year of hands-on experience (internship) at a reputable connected hospital.
Distance from India
Philippines from India Travel Time
India and the Philippines are separated by 4774 kilometers. Between India and Manila (Philippines’ capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Armenia from India Travel Time
The flight time from India to Yerevan (Armenia’s capital) is 6 hours and 50 minutes on average.
Internship after MBBS in Philippines & Armenia
MBBS Internship in Philippines
Medical graduates must do one year of internship in accredited hospitals and health centers after acquiring their Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree through a four-year programme.
MBBS Internship in Armenia
After passing the MCI screening test, Indian students graduating from medical institutes in Armenia can pursue a 1-year internship in their home country, India.
Top Medical Universities in Philippines & Armenia
List of Top Colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine – Makati
- Angeles University Foundation – Pampanga
- Davao Medical School Foundation – Davao
- Lyceum-Northwestern University – Dagupan
- Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) – Valenzuela
- University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH)
- UV Gullas College of Medicine – Las Piñas
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – San Carlos City
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Philippines
FMGE is administered twice a year, with a passing score of 50%. But, the pass percentage of FMGE is not very encouraging.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Armenia
The passing rate for the Foreign Medical Graduation Exam is amazing. Only a small percentage of students pass this exam since it is extremely difficult to pass. According to data, the percentage of people who passed this exam in May of 2013 was 29 percent. In September, 17 percent of students passed the exam.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS, students in the Philippines are awarded a medical degree that is recognized globally.
- In the Right Direction Medical colleges and universities in the Philippines offer MBBS courses in English, allowing students to communicate with one another.
- In the Right Direction the MCI has approved medical institutions and universities in the Philippines (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- In the Right Direction Students who completed their MBBS in the Philippines can practice in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- In the Right Direction To provide better exposure to future medical practitioners, the faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities uses a unified problem-based learning method.
- In the Right Direction After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can begin studying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) in order to pursue a PG programme in the United States.
- In the Right Direction for Indian students, the Philippines is a very safe place to study, and the atmosphere is equally safe.
- In the Right Direction in the Philippines, there is no necessity to pay a contribution or capitation fee in order to enroll in an MBBS programme.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Armenia:
- Armenia is one of the safest places in the world for individuals pursuing their MBBS.
- The climatic conditions, as well as the environment, are ideal for everyone. Furthermore, the residents are friendly by nature and would assist you if necessary.
- Candidates who desire to pursue MBBS in Armenia, on the other hand, must exercise extreme caution because Armenia is a foreign country to them.
- Medical students should avoid late-night parties and should be cautious about loitering with strangers.
- In the event of a necessity, Indian students should always contact the Indian Embassy. As a result, when the students from India come in Armenia, they should register their names.
- In India, we can see that students compete fiercely for available places.
- Furthermore, the private medical institutes in India demand a substantial donation.
- Colleges in Armenia provide a variety of possibilities for students to obtain a high-quality education.
- Armenian universities provide medical education at a relatively low cost.
- Furthermore, the admissions procedure is simple to follow.
- There is no charge by making a donation, and NMC recognizes the universities. Aside from that, the cost of living is reasonable, and obtaining a visa is simple.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.
Scope after MBBS in Armenia:
- Medical students who want to practice in India after completing their MBBS in Armenia must pass a screening test.
- The National Medical Commission will administer this test.
- The Medical Council assesses the students’ abilities across the board.
- Candidates who pass their exam will be able to practice medicine in India.
- Candidates who do not pass the NMC screening exam, on the other hand, do not have the right to practice in India.
- Students can take the screening exam as many times as they like because there is no restriction.