Georgia is one of the top places to study in the world. Georgia has a number of standard universities that are internationally recognized. Georgia’s educational standard is comparable to that of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, or other European countries.
Georgia, a small country rich in history and culture and home to Georgian, one of the world’s more interesting languages, is located in the Caucusus, where Europe meets the Middle East. Georgia is an ex-Soviet republic bordered on the north and east by Russia, on the south and east by Azerbaijan, on the south and east by Armenia, on the south and west by Turkey, and on the west by the Black Sea. This is due not just to the old cities, rolling landscapes, and abundant wine, but also to the fact that Georgia is a very affordable country. It’s also a country with excellent educational institutions and strong international ties.
Russia is a huge country that reaches across eastern Europe and northern Asia. After the breakup of the Soviet Union in December 1991, Russia, once the preeminent republic of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR; usually known as the Soviet Union), became an independent country.
Superlatives abound in Russia. It is by far the world’s largest country, covering about double the area of Canada, the world’s second-largest country. It stretches throughout northern Asia and the eastern third of Europe, spanning 11 time zones and encompassing a diverse range of ecosystems and landforms, including deserts, semiarid steppes, deep woods, and Arctic tundra. The Volga, Europe’s longest river, and Ladoga, Russia’s largest lake, are both located in Russia. Russia is also home to Baikal, the world’s deepest lake, and the world’s coldest temperature outside of the North and South poles.
About Georgia Government
Georgia is a democratic parliamentary republic where the President serves as the ceremonial head of state and the Prime Minister serves as the head of government. Georgia’s Cabinet is in charge of the executive branch of government.
About Russia Government
The Russian Federation’s executive power is exercised by the Russian government. The Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Ministers, and the Federal Ministers make up the government. It is based on the Russian Federation’s Constitution and the federal constitutional law “On the Russian Federation’s Government.” The Russian Government Apparatus is a governmental organization in charge of overseeing the government’s operations.
Climate Comparison between Georgia & Russia
Georgia has a humid subtropical climate, with short, warm winters and long, hot summers for the majority of the state.
Summer afternoon temperatures in Georgia frequently approach 95 degrees Fahrenheit (35 degrees Celsius). Precipitation is common across the state.
Russia is the world’s largest country in terms of land area. Around one-eighth of the territory is covered by the country. Several determining factors influence the climate of Russia.
The continental climate dominates due to the vast size of the country and the isolation of many parts from the sea. Except for the tundra and the far southeast, such a climate prevails in European and Asian Russia.
The country is open to Arctic and Atlantic influences due to the mountains in the south impeding the flow of warm air masses from the Indian Ocean, and the plains in the west and north.
Culture in Georgia & Russia
Culture in Georgia
Georgian culture has developed during the country’s lengthy history, giving it a distinct national identity as well as a strong literary legacy centered on the Georgian language and alphabet. Despite multiple periods of foreign control, Georgian distinctiveness has been preserved thanks to this strong feeling of national identity.
Despite the fact that Georgia is predominantly a traditional society, its culture is evolving in the twenty-first century. Georgia, for example, was one of the first countries to legalize cannabis for both recreational and medicinal purposes.
Culture in Russia
Russia has a long history of literary and artistic accomplishments. Leo Tolstoy, Anton Chekhov, Feodor Dostoevsky, and Piotr Tchaikovsky, to mention a few, were all Russian writers, thinkers, and artists. Most Russian cities have national and international ballet, music performances, art exhibitions, and cinemas. Not to include the Kremlin, Red Square, and Lake Baikal, Russia has a total of 26 World UNESCO Heritage Sites.
Russians are regarded for being kind and friendly to visitors, and it’s customary to reciprocate by giving a gift while visiting a Russian home. When you choose Russia as your study abroad destination, you can expect to visit the local banya (steam bath), form lifetime connections, and celebrate over 50 national festivals such as Women’s Day and Undergraduate’s Day.
Languages in Georgia
Georgian is a Kartvelian language that Georgians speak. Georgia, a Caucasus country, speaks it as its official language. Georgian is written using the Georgian alphabet, which is unique to Georgia. Georgian is the primary language of around 4 million people in Georgia and additional 500,000 people worldwide. All regional subdivisions of the Georgian ethnos, even those who speak other Kartvelian (South Caucasian) languages, use it as their literary language.
Languages in Russia
It is the most widely spoken Slavic language. Belarusian and Ukrainian are its closest relatives. In the Russian Federation, Russian is the primary language. Leading Russian institutions frequently offer English-language Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme. You can take Russian language courses or learn Russian at the university’s international student pre-school.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Georgia
Georgia is a considerably safer place to study MBBS than any other country. Georgia is ranked 85th in the Global Peace Index, whereas India is ranked 141st and the United States is ranked 103rd.
Safe & Security in Russia
- Russia, like all other countries in the globe, does not have a crime rate of zero. The well-equipped Russian police do their best to preserve peace and order in the country and protect the safety of both people and visitors.
- Apart from state-level safety norms, all Russian universities and educational institutions have adequate safety measures in place to offer a safe and secure atmosphere for students.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Georgia
Medical schools in Vietnam have a relatively low fee structure. In Vietnam, the total tuition fees for an MBBS course range from USD 6,500 to 7,000 each year.
Cost of MBBS Education in Russia
In Russia, MBBS is relatively affordable. In Russia, the average cost of an MBBS degree is roughly 4000 USD per year. For a 6-year course, this equates to around 2,75,000 Rupees.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Georgia
In Vietnam, on-campus living expenditures can range from 1,600 USD to 3,600 USD each semester, including utilities and other services.
Cost of Living in Russia
Student housing in Russia can cost anything from RUB 150 to RUB 35,000 per depending on where you stay, the amenities, and the sort of accommodations you pick. Moscow and Saint Petersburg are well-known for being the costliest cities in Russia to live in.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Georgia & Russia
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Georgia
Students seeking admission to Georgia’s best medical universities are not need to take an entrance exam; instead, admission is granted based on class 10+2 grades.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Russia
In Russia, medical education allows for straight MBBS admission without the need for an entrance exam. For MBBS and BDS admissions in Russia, Indian students must pass the NEET Exam. During the medical training, students are also prepared for the MCI screening test.
Intakes for MBBS in Georgia & Russia
MBBS Intakes in Georgia
In Georgia, the admissions process begins in January. The deadline for applying will be in October. The first day of classes will be in the month of October.
MBBS Intakes in Russia
In most Russian universities, the admissions procedure for MBBS studies begins in the month of September. Some colleges also begin MBBS admission in Russia in the month of March.
Duration of MBBS in Georgia & Russia
MBBS Duration in Georgia
The study will last 6 years, with an additional one year of internship available through MBBS Georgia.
MBBS Duration in Russia
According to European norms, MBBS in Russia is a 6-year programme that includes 5 years of academic education and 1 year of internship.
Distance from India
Georgia from India Travel Time
The total distance between India and Georgia is 13,857 kilometres. Between India and Tbilisi (Georgia’s capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 35 minutes.
Russia from India Travel Time
India and Russia are 4651.45 kilometers apart (2890 miles). The flying time between India and Russia is 6 hours and 28 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Georgia & Russia
MBBS Internship in Georgia
In Georgia, 1 year of internship in a hospital linked with the university where you are enrolled.
MBBS Internship in Russia
In Russia, the study lasts six years and includes additional practical instruction. After finishing 6 years in Russia, FMGE Preparations take 6 months, followed by a year of internship.
Top Medical Universities in Georgia & Russia
List of Top Colleges in Georgia:
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University – Batumi
- Caucasus International University – Tbilisi
- David Aghmashenebeli University of Georgia – Tbilisi
- David Tvildiani Medical University – Tbilisi
- East European University – Tbilisi
- European University – Tbilisi
- Georgian American University – Tbilisi
- New Vision University – Tbilisi
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy – Tbilisi
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University – Tbilisi
- Tbilisi State Medical University – Tbilisi
List of Top Colleges in Russia:
- Altai State Medical University – Barnaul
- Bashkir State University – Ufa
- Crimea State Medical University – Simferopol
- Dagestan State Medical University – Makhachkala
- Far Eastern Federal University – Vladivostok
- First Moscow State Medical University – Moscow
- Kazan Federal University – Kazan
- Kazan State Medical University – Kazan
- Kuban State Medical University – Krasnodar
- Kursk State Medical University – Kursk
- Mari State University – Yoshkar-Ola
- Mordovia State University – Saransk
- Omsk State Medical University – Omsk
- Peoples’ Friendship University – Moscow
- Perm State University – Perm
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University – Moscow
- Rostov State Medical University – Rostov on Don
- Siberian State Medical University – Tomsk
- Ulyanovsk State University – Ulyanovsk
- Volgograd State Medical University – Volgograd
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Georgia
Georgia had the highest pass percentage of 35.6 percent between 2015 and 2018, followed by Bangladesh (28.3 percent), and the Philippines (28.3%). ( 21 percent ).
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Russia
According to statistics, only 16 percent of Russian pupils qualified for this examination. The FMGE examination for a license was taken by 13,364 medical graduates in the previous year. However, around 2767 pupils have qualified for this exam.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Georgia:
- WHO and UNESCO have acknowledged Georgia’s medical universities.
- From the first semester onwards, students studying MBBS in Georgia can participate in investigations and clinical clerkships. This will also aid in the development of the students’ abilities.
- Georgian medical schools do not request any type of financial support.
- Within the country, students have numerous excellent choices for internships and higher education.
- Georgia’s universities are well-equipped with cutting-edge technology and facilities.
- All of Georgia’s medical universities offer excellent lodging options for students, as well as easy access to Indian cuisine.
- Because there are numerous colleges in Georgia that provide low-cost MBBS, MBBS admission in Georgia is truly a very affordable choice for Indian students.
- Georgia is a completely safe place to visit. Students can easily commute by bus, train, or other forms of public transportation.
- International faculties of distinction.
- International students receive a 50 percent discount on transportation.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Russia:
- Russia is an ideal option for Indian students to study MBBS because there is no requirement for an entrance exam or a donation to gain admission to Russian universities.
- The admissions process is basic and straightforward. The tuition is modest and subsidized.
- The degrees conferred by Russian Medical Universities are internationally recognized, since they have been authorized by all of the world’s leading medical bodies.
- There is good food and lodging available, as well as Indian canteens in most of the universities.
- They offer MCI Coaching at Russian Medical Universities, with excellent outcomes.
- students that have graduated from the universities now work in some of the world’s most prestigious hospitals.
- Graduates are employed not just in India, but also in Australia, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and other important countries across the world.
- There is also an extremely slim probability of VISA denial. All of the universities are run by the government.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Georgia:
- The demand for MBBS is growing every day as diseases spread around the world. It is also unlikely to happen in the near future. As a result, after completing their MBBS in Georgia, students enjoy a bright and prosperous future.
- The accreditation of the MBBS in Georgia has been granted by all international agencies, including the European Council, WHO, and UNESCO. As a result, a Georgia MBBS degree is internationally recognized. Students who earned their medical degrees in Georgia are eligible to practice in any country, but they must first pass the NMC Screening Test.
- Different attributes that a doctor should have, and which will also help students build better professional prospects and success, are given a lot of emphasis in Georgian colleges.
PG Options after MBBS in Georgia:
- After passing the PLAB exam, you can practice in the United Kingdom.
- After passing the USMLE, you can practice in the United States.
- After passing the NEXT exam, you can practice in India.
- After the AMC, practice in Australia.
- Enroll in a postgraduate program in Germany.
Scope after MBBS in Russia:
Practice Medicine in India
After completing an MBBS in Russia, practicing medicine in India opens you a plethora of opportunities. To begin, the graduate must take the Medical Council of India Screening Test (MCI Screening Test), commonly known as the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE), which is administered by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India following graduation or completion of the 6-year study. Foreign medical students must pass the MCI screening test in order to become qualified doctors.
This examination takes place twice a year, in June and December. Graduate students must do a one-year required internship after passing the MCI Screening Test. Students receive hands-on instruction during their internship to help them polish their skills before they are officially recognized as doctors.
Practice Medicine in Russia
If students desire to pursue a medical career after completing their MBBS education, Russia is the best option. Candidates who complete MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to work in any Russian hospitals or private nursing homes. Students, on the other hand, can work at any government hospital after completing their MBBS programme.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
Students who have finished their MBBS courses in Russia are eligible to pursue post-graduate studies in other countries without interruption. Furthermore, students can gain MD admission in this country if they desire to pursue the MD degree.
Students can pursue post-graduate degrees in hospital management after completing their MBBS studies in Russia. This course covers hospital administration, medical billing, and other topics. It assists students in obtaining employment in a variety of medical fields. Furthermore, you can pursue any other medical specialty and find work with an excellent wage package. As a result, your decision to study Russian for MBBS is absolutely correct.