Georgia is one of the top places to study in the world. Georgia has a number of standard universities that are internationally recognized. Georgia’s educational standard is comparable to that of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, or other European countries.
Georgia, a small country rich in history and culture and home to Georgian, one of the world’s more interesting languages, is located in the Caucusus, where Europe meets the Middle East. Georgia is an ex-Soviet republic bordered on the north and east by Russia, on the south and east by Azerbaijan, on the south and east by Armenia, on the south and west by Turkey, and on the west by the Black Sea. This is due not just to the old cities, rolling landscapes, and abundant wine, but also to the fact that Georgia is a very affordable country. It’s also a country with excellent educational institutions and strong international ties.
Philippines is a Southeast Asian island nation in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago of about 7,000 islands and islets located around 500 miles (800 kilometers) off the coast of Vietnam. Although Manila is the country’s capital, Quezon City is its most populous city. Both are located on Luzon, the largest island, and are part of the National Capital Region (Metro Manila). Mindanao, the Philippines’ second largest island, is located in the southeast.
About Georgia Government
Georgia is a democratic parliamentary republic where the President serves as the ceremonial head of state and the Prime Minister serves as the head of government. Georgia’s Cabinet is in charge of the executive branch of government.
About Philippines Government
The Philippines’ national government is known as the Government of the Philippines. It is governed as a unitary state under a presidential representative, democratic, and constitutional republic, with the President serving as both the country’s head of state and the country’s head of government under a pluriform multi-party system.
Climate Comparison between Georgia & Philippines
Georgia has a humid subtropical climate, with short, warm winters and long, hot summers for the majority of the state.
Summer afternoon temperatures in Georgia frequently approach 95 degrees Fahrenheit (35 degrees Celsius). Precipitation is common across the state.
The Philippines has a tropical and marine climate. It is marked by high temperatures, high humidity, and a lot of rain.
The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of 25.5 degrees Celsius, and the warmest month is May, with a mean temperature of 28.3 degrees Celsius.
Culture in Georgia & Philippines
Culture in Georgia
Georgian culture has developed during the country’s lengthy history, giving it a distinct national identity as well as a strong literary legacy centered on the Georgian language and alphabet. Despite multiple periods of foreign control, Georgian distinctiveness has been preserved thanks to this strong feeling of national identity.
Despite the fact that Georgia is predominantly a traditional society, its culture is evolving in the twenty-first century. Georgia, for example, was one of the first countries to legalize cannabis for both recreational and medicinal purposes.
Culture in Philippines
The Philippines is a country where East and West collide. Filipinos have a distinct Asian heritage as well as a strong Western tradition. Chinese traders, Spanish conquistadors, and American rulers all had an impact on modern Filipino society.
Languages in Georgia
Georgian is a Kartvelian language that Georgians speak. Georgia, a Caucasus country, speaks it as its official language. Georgian is written using the Georgian alphabet, which is unique to Georgia. Georgian is the primary language of around 4 million people in Georgia and additional 500,000 people worldwide.
Languages in Philippines
Filipino, English, and Spanish are the three official languages of the Philippines. More than a dozen regional languages are spoken throughout the archipelago.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Georgia
Georgia is a considerably safer place to study MBBS than any other country. Georgia is ranked 85th in the Global Peace Index, whereas India is ranked 141st and the United States is ranked 103rd.
Safe & Security in Philippines
Although the Philippines is a safe country and a great place to visit, you should always be alert of your surroundings when travelling anywhere in the globe. You cannot keep your passports, identification cards, and credit cards on you at all times.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Georgia
Medical schools in Vietnam have a relatively low fee structure. In Vietnam, the total tuition fees for an MBBS course range from USD 6,500 to 7,000 each year.
Cost of MBBS Education in Philippines
The average monthly cost of living in the Philippines for a single person is around 28,200PHP ($580), excluding rent.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Georgia
In Vietnam, on-campus living expenditures can range from 1,600 USD to 3,600 USD each semester, including utilities and other services.
Cost of Living in Philippines
Poland is a relatively inexpensive European country with a solid economy. International students’ monthly living costs range from 400 to 650 USD.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Georgia & Philippines
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Georgia
Students seeking admission to Georgia’s best medical universities are not need to take an entrance exam; instead, admission is granted based on class 10+2 grades.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Philippines
The National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) is a standardized admission test for medical school that is administered by all medical schools, colleges, and universities in the Philippines. Candidates interested in studying medicine in the Philippines must pass the NEET exam.
Intakes for MBBS in Georgia & Philippines
MBBS Intakes in Georgia
In Georgia, the admissions process begins in January. The deadline for applying will be in October. The first day of classes will be in the month of October.
MBBS Intakes in Philippines
In the Philippines, there are two intakes for university admissions: one in June and one in November. In the Philippines, the academic year for MBBS courses usually starts in September.
Duration of MBBS in Georgia & Philippines
MBBS Duration in Georgia
The study will last 6 years, with an additional one year of internship available through MBBS Georgia.
MBBS Duration in Philippines
In the Philippines, MBBS takes Five years to complete. The entire program consists of 4 years of medical school and one year of internship, which can be completed on campus or in India.
Distance from India
Georgia from India Travel Time
The total distance between India and Georgia is 13,857 kilometres. Between India and Tbilisi (Georgia’s capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 35 minutes.
Philippines from India Travel Time
India and the Philippines are separated by 4774 kilometers. Between India and Manila (Philippines’ capital), the average flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Georgia & Philippines
MBBS Internship in Georgia
In Georgia, 1 year of internship in a hospital linked with the university where you are enrolled.
MBBS Internship in Philippines
Medical graduates must do one year of internship in accredited hospitals and health centers after acquiring their Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree through a four-year programme.
Top Medical Universities in Georgia & Philippines
List of Top Colleges in Georgia:
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University – Batumi
- Caucasus International University – Tbilisi
- David Aghmashenebeli University of Georgia – Tbilisi
- David Tvildiani Medical University – Tbilisi
- East European University – Tbilisi
- European University – Tbilisi
- Georgian American University – Tbilisi
- New Vision University – Tbilisi
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy – Tbilisi
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University – Tbilisi
- Tbilisi State Medical University – Tbilisi
List of Top Colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine – Makati
- Angeles University Foundation – Pampanga
- Davao Medical School Foundation – Davao
- Lyceum-Northwestern University – Dagupan
- Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) – Valenzuela
- University of Perpetual Help System (UoPH)
- UV Gullas College of Medicine – Las Piñas
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation – San Carlos City
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Georgia
Georgia had the highest pass percentage of 35.6 percent between 2015 and 2018, followed by Bangladesh (28.3 percent), and the Philippines (28.3%). ( 21 percent ).
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Philippines
FMGE is administered twice a year, with a passing score of 50%. But, the pass percentage of FMGE is not very encouraging.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Georgia:
- WHO and UNESCO have acknowledged Georgia’s medical universities.
- From the first semester onwards, students studying MBBS in Georgia can participate in investigations and clinical clerkships. This will also aid in the development of the students’ abilities.
- Georgian medical schools do not request any type of financial support.
- Within the country, students have numerous excellent choices for internships and higher education.
- Georgia’s universities are well-equipped with cutting-edge technology and facilities.
- All of Georgia’s medical universities offer excellent lodging options for students, as well as easy access to Indian cuisine.
- Because there are numerous colleges in Georgia that provide low-cost MBBS, MBBS admission in Georgia is truly a very affordable choice for Indian students.
- Georgia is a completely safe place to visit. Students can easily commute by bus, train, or other forms of public transportation.
- International faculties of distinction.
- International students receive a 50 percent discount on transportation.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS, students in the Philippines are awarded a medical degree that is recognized globally.
- In the Right Direction Medical colleges and universities in the Philippines offer MBBS courses in English, allowing students to communicate with one another.
- In the Right Direction the MCI has approved medical institutions and universities in the Philippines (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- In the Right Direction Students who completed their MBBS in the Philippines can practice in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- In the Right Direction To provide better exposure to future medical practitioners, the faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities uses a unified problem-based learning method.
- In the Right Direction After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can begin studying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) in order to pursue a PG programme in the United States.
- In the Right Direction for Indian students, the Philippines is a very safe place to study, and the atmosphere is equally safe.
- In the Right Direction in the Philippines, there is no necessity to pay a contribution or capitation fee in order to enroll in an MBBS programme.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Georgia:
- The demand for MBBS is growing every day as diseases spread around the world. It is also unlikely to happen in the near future. As a result, after completing their MBBS in Georgia, students enjoy a bright and prosperous future.
- The accreditation of the MBBS in Georgia has been granted by all international agencies, including the European Council, WHO, and UNESCO. As a result, a Georgia MBBS degree is internationally recognized. Students who earned their medical degrees in Georgia are eligible to practice in any country, but they must first pass the NMC Screening Test.
- Different attributes that a doctor should have, and which will also help students build better professional prospects and success, are given a lot of emphasis in Georgian colleges.
PG Options after MBBS in Georgia:
- After passing the PLAB exam, you can practice in the United Kingdom.
- After passing the USMLE, you can practice in the United States.
- After passing the NEXT exam, you can practice in India.
- After the AMC, practice in Australia.
- Enroll in a postgraduate program in Germany.
Scope after MBBS in Philippines:
After graduating from one of the Philippines’ medical universities, graduates can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase one, two, and three to practice medicine in the United States.
Practice Medicine in India
After completing their MBBS courses in the Philippines, students who wish to practice medicine in India must pass the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is required of all students and is one of the most essential exams of their medical careers. After passing the Screening Test, students will receive a “Eligibility Certificate” from MCI and would be able to practice in India. Students can apply for government positions in India and pursue PG/MD/MS degrees there after graduating.
Practice Medicine in Philippines
For graduates, settling in the Philippines is also a viable choice. After completing your MBBS in the Philippines, you have the option of practicing there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many candidates.
Post-Graduation in Other Countries
The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students do not have to take the MCI Screening Test before or after their MBBS in the Philippines or elsewhere. After completing your degree in the Philippines, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test. The degree obtained in the United States or Germany would be recognized in India as well. In addition, when students continue their education in the United States of America, they are provided a monthly stipend.
In today’s world, hospital management is a rapidly growing industry that provides excellent employment opportunities for students with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in the Philippines, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
Many medical institutions look for fresh talent graduating from Top Medical Universities in the Philippines to broaden their breadth of knowledge and leverage their international exposure, so students will have a bright future in their medical career when they return to India.