Vietnam is a country in Southeast Asia that is officially known as the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. It covers 311,699 square kilometers and is located on the eastern edge of continental Southeast Asia. It is the world’s fifteenth most populated country, with a population of approximately 96 million people. Vietnam shares land boundaries with China to the north, Laos and Cambodia to the west, and the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea with Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Hanoi is the capital, and Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city.
Malaysia is a country in Southeast Asia that is divided into two noncontiguous regions: Peninsular Malaysia (Semenanjung Malaysia), also known as West Malaysia (Malaysia Barat), on the Malay Peninsula, and East Malaysia (Malaysia Timur), on the island of Borneo. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia’s capital is located on the western side of the peninsula, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) from the shore; Putrajaya, the administrative Centre, is about 16 miles (25 kilometers) south of the city.
Malaysia, a Commonwealth member, signifies the political union of lands that were previously ruled by the British. Malaysia was formed on September 16, 1963, from the territories of Malaya (now Peninsular Malaysia), the island of Singapore, and the northern Borneo provinces of Sarawak and Sabah. Singapore became an independent republic in August 1965, after seceding from the federation.
About Vietnam Government
Egypt, a country linking northeast Africa with the Middle East, dates to the period of the pharaohs. Millennia-old monuments lay in the fertile Nile River Valley, including Giza’s huge Pyramids and Great Sphinx as well as Luxor’s hieroglyph-lined Karnak Temple and Valley of the Kings tombs. Ottoman structures such as Muhammad Ali Mosque and the Egyptian Museum, a treasure mine of antiquities, may be found in Cairo, the capital.
About Malaysia Government
Malaysia is a representative democracy made up of 13 states that operate under a constitutional monarchy based on the Westminster system. Malaysia’s federal government is governed by the Federal Constitution of Malaysia, which is the supreme law of the land.
Climate Comparison between Vietnam & Malaysia
Throughout the year, the temperature in Vietnam normally fluctuates between 70°F and 95°F.
Vietnam receives the majority of its precipitation during the monsoon season, although it also receives consistent rainfall throughout the rest of the year.
Vietnam has a tropical monsoon climate with significant humidity, however due to the country’s varied terrain, temperature and seasons vary greatly.
The winter, often known as the dry season, lasts from November to April. In the months of December and January.
There are three main weather patterns in Vietnam. The extreme north of Vietnam is mountainous, and snow and freezing temperatures can occur at high altitudes.
Winter in Northern Vietnam is temperate and dry, whereas summer (May to October) is hot, humid, and wet (July to September has the highest rainfall).
Temperature in the Spring Season: The temperature in the spring season ranges from 23 to 33 degrees Celsius. Weather: During the spring months, the weather is typically quiet. Due to the southwest and northeast monsoons, there will be slight breezes in March and May, but it will be quiet and pleasant in April.
Summer time temperatures range from 23 to 32 degrees Celsius. Weather: Due to the arrival of the southwest monsoons in Australia’s deserts, June and July are exceedingly dry, with minimal precipitation.
Season of Winter Malaysia’s winter months include December, January, and February. Temperature: During these three months, the temperature swings from 22 to 33 degrees Celsius. Weather: The northeast monsoon’s effects are causing heavy rains across the country.
Culture in Vietnam & Malaysia
Culture in Vietnam
Vietnam’s culture evolved over centuries from the ancient ông Sn culture, which was based on wet rice production. Some aspects of the country’s culture are Chinese in origin, with Confucianism, Mahyna Buddhism, and Taoism influencing the country’s ancient governmental system and philosophy. The Vietnamese society is organized around làng (ancestral villages), and on the tenth day of the third lunar month, all Vietnamese celebrate a common ancestral anniversary.
Culture in Malaysia
Malaysians are a mix of Chinese, Indian, and indigenous Malay influences. The Malays are the largest ethnic group in Malaysia, and they follow both Islamic and Malay customs, as well as speaking the Malay language.
Languages in Vietnam
You can learn about Vietnamese culture by living and studying there. Vietnamese is the official language in Vietnam, however English is also spoken. Studying in Vietnam gives you the opportunity to improve your language skills by taking a language course or practicing the language in the local environment.
Languages in Malaysia
Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil are the three main languages spoken in Malaysia. Malaysia is home to 137 live languages, making it one of the most diverse countries in the world.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Vietnam
- Don’t give your passport as a guarantee to third parties (e.g., motorcycle rental businesses, landlords), as there have been numerous cases of companies retaining passports for alleged damage.
- Keep an eye out for pickpockets and bag snatchers, especially in congested locations and tourist hotspots where pickpockets and bag snatchers operate, including on motorcycles. Consider separating important goods into two bags.
- In regions popular with expats and tourists, British people have reported a number of personal attacks, including rape and sexual assault. When reporting such crimes in Vietnam, the victim bears a higher burden of proof than in the United Kingdom in proving that the sexual interactions were not voluntary, particularly when the victim has ingested alcohol or the alleged assailant is known to the victim.
Safe & Security in Malaysia
International students can feel safe in this country. According to the Global Peace Index, Malaysia is the 29th most peaceful country in the world, out of a total of 163. For travellers who love to travel, this is a fantastic destination. Students can earn degrees from countries such as the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Vietnam
Medical schools in Vietnam have a relatively low fee structure. In Vietnam, the total tuition fees for an MBBS course range from USD 6,500 to 7,000 each year.
Cost of MBBS Education in Malaysia
Malaysia is well-known for its highly qualified teachers and the structure of its education system. MBBS from Malaysian medical colleges is very reasonable, ranging from Rs9 lakhs to Rs25 lakhs depending on the university.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Vietnam
In Vietnam, on-campus living expenditures can range from 1,600 USD to 3,600 USD each semester, including utilities and other services.
Cost of Living in Malaysia
Tuition fees range from INR 2,91,000 to 4,36,000 per year, while the cost of living in Malaysia for international students is INR 29,115 to 50,951 per month.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Vietnam & Malaysia
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Vietnam
In Vietnam, there is no separate MBBS entrance exam. For admission to Vietnam, foreign candidates must take the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Malaysia
On or before December 31st of the admission year, the applicant must be 17 years old. NEET is a must.
Intakes for MBBS in Vietnam & Malaysia
MBBS Intakes in Vietnam
After passing the entrance process, high school students can enter a medical college in Vietnam to pursue medical study. Every year in September, there is only one intake.
MBBS Intakes in Malaysia
While particular dates differ depending on the study program and the university where you wish to enroll, keep in mind that there are two main intakes: the September intake and the June intake. The February intake, with November application deadlines.
Duration of MBBS in Vietnam & Malaysia
MBBS Duration in Vietnam
The course will last 6 years (including clinical training). Flexible fee payment options are available for each semester.
MBBS Duration in Malaysia
In Malaysia, the MBBS programme takes five years to finish.
Distance from India
Vietnam from India Travel Time
India and Vietnam are separated by about 3194 kilometres (1,985 miles). Between India and Hanoi (Vietnam’s capital), the Shortest flight time is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Malaysia from India Travel Time
The average flight time from India to Malaysia’s capital, Kuala Lumpur, is 5 hours and 15 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Vietnam & Malaysia
MBBS Internship in Vietnam
In order to participate in a medical internship in Vietnam, you must have finished at least one year of medical education. The project is ongoing all year. You are welcome to join at any moment and stay for as long as you choose.
MBBS Internship in Malaysia
Yes. Internships and volunteers are available to international students at any point during their study. Internships are not permitted after an overseas student has completed their final semester. Malaysia offers a limited number of internship opportunities for international students.
Top Medical Universities in Vietnam & Malaysia
List of Top Colleges in Malaysia:
- AIMST University – Bedong
- Asia Metropolitan University – Masai
- Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences – Cyberjaya
- International Medical University – Kuala Lumpur
- Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences – Subang Jaya
- Lincoln University College – Kelantan
- Mahsa University – Selangor
- Management & Science University, Shah Alam Campus – Selangor
- Newcastle University Medicine – Johor
- Perdana University – Kuala Lumpur
- Quest International University – Ipoh
- SEGI University – Petaling Jaya
- Taylors University – Subang Jaya
- Universiti Sains Malaysia – George Town
- University of Malaya – Kuala Lumpur
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Vietnam
Within the University’s grounds, Indian professors are available. Syllabus designed specifically for Indian students (Reference from MCI syllabus). It is very simple to pass the FMGE Exam after completing MBBS in Vietnam.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Malaysia
Within the University’s grounds, Indian professors are available. Syllabus designed specifically for Indian students (Reference from MCI syllabus). It is very simple to pass the FMGE Exam after completing MBBS in Malaysia.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Vietnam:
- English is the medium of instruction.
- Traveling from India to Vietnam will take less than 3.5 hours and cost roughly 15000 INR.
- The course will last 6 years (including clinical training). Flexible fee payment options are available for each semester.
- Students can work part-time in the hospital for 20 hours each week.
- Within the University’s grounds, Indian professors are available.
- Syllabus designed specifically for Indian students (Reference from MCI syllabus)
- After completing your degree, you must complete an 18-month post-graduate programme as an intern in a Vietnamese hospital, after which you will be granted a two-year work permit as well as a medical license.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Malaysia :
- Malaysia is the closest country to India, with a flying time of 4-5 hours.
- Due to its proximity to India, cheap aero plane tickets are available.
- Indian students may readily return to their home country in the event of an emergency, and parents can go to Malaysia to accompany their children because it is close by and less expensive to travel.
- Malaysia’s top medical universities have been approved by the MCI.
- Education of a high standard
- Malaysian MBBS tuition fees are reasonable.
- Students can apply whether or not they have taken the IELTS exam.
- There are less visa issues.
- Malaysia has a low cost of living for Indian students.
- A large percentage of Malaysians speak Tamil, which is one of the main reasons why Indian students from Kerala and Tamil Nadu prefer to study medicine in Malaysia.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Vietnam:
Practice Medicine in India
Vietnam’s medical institutions and universities offer internationally recognized degrees that allow graduates to practice medicine anywhere in the globe. There are numerous advantages, as we have already stated. As an Indian with an MBBS from Vietnam, you can immediately begin clinical practice after passing the FMGE.
Practice Medicine in Vietnam
For Vietnam/Foreign doctors working in Vietnam on a Temporary/Permanent basis, the Vietnam Medical Council provides a good standing certificate. Any foreign doctor who engages in clinical, academic, or volunteer activities without first registering will face penalties under the NMC Act.
Post-Graduation in Vietnam
For the duration of their studies in Vietnam, candidates must be provincially registered with the Vietnam Medical Council (NMC). Should be registered with the Medical Council of the nation in question.
Post-Graduation in USA
It means that after completing your MBBS in Vietnam, you can pursue a PG degree (MD/MS) in the United States without having to pass the MCI exam. The PG degree earned in the United States is recognized in both India and the United States. The most significant advantage of completing MD/MS is that you would not be required to take the MCI screening test before or after MBBS in another country.
Scope after MBBS in Malaysia :
- Government Jobs in health services departments.
- Defense Services: Jobs in Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Employment in Hospital Chains.
- Opportunities in Research and Academics.
- Career in Health Administration/Hospital Management.
- Biomedical Engineering and Sciences.