Vietnam is a country in Southeast Asia that is officially known as the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. It covers 311,699 square kilometers and is located on the eastern edge of continental Southeast Asia. It is the world’s fifteenth most populated country, with a population of approximately 96 million people. Vietnam shares land boundaries with China to the north, Laos and Cambodia to the west, and the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea with Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Hanoi is the capital, and Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city.
Bangladesh is a country in Southern Asia that is on the Bay of Bengal and is surrounded on all sides by India, with the exception of a tiny border with Burma. Bangladesh’s lowlands are flat, and the majority of the country is built on the deltas of enormous rivers that flow down from the Himalayas.
About Vietnam Government
Vietnam is a unitary Marxist-Leninist one-party socialist republic in Southeast Asia, one of two communist countries (the other being Laos). Although Vietnam’s fundamental belief remains socialism, its economic practices have become increasingly capitalist, with The Economist describing the country’s leaders as “ardently capitalist communists.” The Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) claims its involvement in all aspects of the country’s politics and society, according to the constitution. The president is Vietnam’s elected head of state and military commander-in-chief, as well as the chairman of the Council of Supreme Defense and Security. He holds the country’s second highest post and is responsible for executive activities, state appointments, and policymaking.
About Bangladesh Government
The government is a parliamentary democracy, with the president as the chief of state and the prime minister as the head of government. Bangladesh features a traditional economic system in which available resources are allocated via rudimentary methods and heredity. Bangladesh is a signatory to the Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) as well as the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) (SAARC).
Climate Comparison between Vietnam & Bangladesh
Throughout the year, the temperature in Vietnam normally fluctuates between 70°F and 95°F.
Vietnam receives the majority of its precipitation during the monsoon season, although it also receives consistent rainfall throughout the rest of the year.
Vietnam has a tropical monsoon climate with significant humidity, however due to the country’s varied terrain, temperature and seasons vary greatly.
The winter, often known as the dry season, lasts from November to April. In the months of December and January.
There are three main weather patterns in Vietnam. The extreme north of Vietnam is mountainous, and snow and freezing temperatures can occur at high altitudes.
Winter in Northern Vietnam is temperate and dry, whereas summer (May to October) is hot, humid, and wet (July to September has the highest rainfall).
Bangladesh has a humid, warm climate influenced by pre-monsoon, monsoon, and post-monsoon circulations, with significant rainfall and tropical cyclones occurring often.
Spring, from March to May, is the hottest season, with average maximum temperatures reaching 35 °C (95 °F) in inland areas in April, but not exceeding 32/33 °C (90/91 °F) at the coast.
Winter is slightly cooler (October to March), with maximum temperatures ranging from 22 to 29 degrees Celsius (72 – 84 degrees Fahrenheit).
Maximum summer temperatures often vary between 30°C and 40°C. In most sections of the country, April is the warmest month.
Culture in Vietnam & Bangladesh
Culture in Vietnam
Vietnam’s culture evolved over centuries from the ancient ông Sn culture, which was based on wet rice production. Some aspects of the country’s culture are Chinese in origin, with Confucianism, Mahyna Buddhism, and Taoism influencing the country’s ancient governmental system and philosophy. The Vietnamese society is organized around làng (ancestral villages), and on the tenth day of the third lunar month, all Vietnamese celebrate a common ancestral anniversary.
Culture in Bangladesh
Bangladesh has a diverse and rich culture. Its architecture, dance, literature, music, painting, and clothing all reflect its deep-rooted heritage. Bangladesh’s three major religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam) have had a significant impact on the country’s culture and history. Bangladeshis have a long literary tradition, with the first available form of literature dating back over a thousand years. With the development of popular poets like Chandi Das, Daulat Kazi, and Alaol, Bengali literature developed significantly during the mediaeval period.
Languages in Vietnam
You can learn about Vietnamese culture by living and studying there. Vietnamese is the official language in Vietnam, however English is also spoken. Studying in Vietnam gives you the opportunity to improve your language skills by taking a language course or practicing the language in the local environment.
Languages in Bangladesh
Many people are shocked to learn that Bangladesh has a large number of languages. Bangla or Bengali and English are the official language of Bangladesh, and it is spoken by the vast majority of the population. Bangla is also spoken in India, Malawi, Nepal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States, where a large number of Bangladesh expatriates may have settled.
Safe & Security
Safe & Security in Vietnam
- Don’t give your passport as a guarantee to third parties (e.g., motorcycle rental businesses, landlords), as there have been numerous cases of companies retaining passports for alleged damage.
- Keep an eye out for pickpockets and bag snatchers, especially in congested locations and tourist hotspots where pickpockets and bag snatchers operate, including on motorcycles. Consider separating important goods into two bags.
- In regions popular with expats and tourists, British people have reported a number of personal attacks, including rape and sexual assault. When reporting such crimes in Vietnam, the victim bears a higher burden of proof than in the United Kingdom in proving that the sexual interactions were not voluntary, particularly when the victim has ingested alcohol or the alleged assailant is known to the victim.
Safe & Security in Bangladesh
For Indian or international students, Bangladesh is a safe place. Bangladeshi medical colleges ensure that students are completely safe and secure.
Cost of Education
Cost of MBBS Education in Vietnam
Medical schools in Vietnam have a relatively low fee structure. In Vietnam, the total tuition fees for an MBBS course range from USD 6,500 to 7,000 each year.
Cost of MBBS Education in Bangladesh
The cost of studying medicine in Bangladesh ranges from 38000 USD to 45000 USD.
Cost of Living
Cost of Living in Vietnam
In Vietnam, on-campus living expenditures can range from 1,600 USD to 3,600 USD each semester, including utilities and other services.
Cost of Living in Bangladesh
Without rent, a family of four would spend $1363 ($116,823) per month. Without rent, a single person’s projected monthly costs are 393$ (33,659$). Bangladesh has a 52.94 percent cheaper cost of living than the United States.
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Vietnam & Nepal
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Vietnam
In Vietnam, there is no separate MBBS entrance exam. For admission to Vietnam, foreign candidates must take the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Entrance Exam for MBBS in Bangladesh
NEET qualifying score is necessary for NMC/MCI Equivalent Certificate starting in Session 2021-2022. NEET is required to study MBBS in Bangladesh starting in Session 2021-2022.
Intakes for MBBS in Vietnam & Bangladesh
MBBS Intakes in Vietnam
After passing the entrance process, high school students can enter a medical college in Vietnam to pursue medical study. Every year in September, there is only one intake.
MBBS Intakes in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the admissions process begins in February. The deadline for applying will be in May. The first day of classes will be in the month of August.
Duration of MBBS in Vietnam & Bangladesh
MBBS Duration in Vietnam
The course will last 6 years (including clinical training). Flexible fee payment options are available for each semester.
MBBS Duration in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the MBBS programme lasts five years and is separated into four parts. Exams are taken semester by semester in college and phase by phase in university. A one-year internship is required after completing these five years and passing the Final Professional MBBS exam.
Distance from India
Vietnam from India Travel Time
India and Vietnam are separated by about 3194 kilometres (1,985 miles). Between India and Hanoi (Vietnam’s capital), the Shortest flight time is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Bangladesh from India Travel Time
The flying time between India and Bangladesh is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Internship after MBBS in Vietnam & Bangladesh
MBBS Internship in Vietnam
In order to participate in a medical internship in Vietnam, you must have finished at least one year of medical education. The project is ongoing all year. You are welcome to join at any moment and stay for as long as you choose.
MBBS Internship in Bangladesh
Hundreds of Indian nationals who have previously finished their MBBS course and internships in teaching hospitals in countries such as China, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines are not required to complete another year of training in India.
Top Medical Universities in Vietnam & Bangladesh
List of Top Colleges in Vietnam:
List of Top Colleges in Bangladesh:
- Bangladesh Medical College – Dhaka
- Delta Medical College – Dhaka
- Dhaka National Medical College – Dhaka
- Enam Medical College – Dhaka
- Green Life Medical College – Dhaka
- Jahurul Islam Medical College – Bhagalpur
- Mainamoti Medical College – Cummila
- Southern Medical College – Chattogram
- H. Sikder Women’s Medical College – Dhaka
FMGE Qualifying % of Indian Students
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Vietnam
Within the University’s grounds, Indian professors are available. Syllabus designed specifically for Indian students (Reference from MCI syllabus). It is very simple to pass the FMGE Exam after completing MBBS in Vietnam.
FMGE pass % of Indian Students after Studying MBBS in Bangladesh
FMGE is a programme for Indian medical graduates who obtained their MBBS outside of India. Bangladesh students have a pass rate of around 38%.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Vietnam:
- English is the medium of instruction.
- Traveling from India to Vietnam will take less than 3.5 hours and cost roughly 15000 INR.
- The course will last 6 years (including clinical training). Flexible fee payment options are available for each semester.
- Students can work part-time in the hospital for 20 hours each week.
- Within the University’s grounds, Indian professors are available.
- Syllabus designed specifically for Indian students (Reference from MCI syllabus)
- After completing your degree, you must complete an 18-month post-graduate programme as an intern in a Vietnamese hospital, after which you will be granted a two-year work permit as well as a medical license.
Advantages for Indian Students Studying MBBS in Bangladesh:
- The WHO and UNESCO acknowledge the MBBS degree, and it is accepted all throughout the world. Advantages of MBBS in Bangladesh.
- Because there are no direct entrance criteria, the admission procedure is substantially simpler.
- In order to get admitted to Bangladesh, no donation is necessary.
- Students in Bangladesh have the chance to complete their internship program at a world-class medical college, global corporations, and international hospitals.
- Practical’s and experiments are offered to students to help them improve their skills.
- Bangladesh’s hospitals are well-equipped with cutting-edge technology and infrastructure.
Scope After MBBS
Scope after MBBS in Vietnam:
Practice Medicine in India
Vietnam’s medical institutions and universities offer internationally recognized degrees that allow graduates to practice medicine anywhere in the globe. There are numerous advantages, as we have already stated. As an Indian with an MBBS from Vietnam, you can immediately begin clinical practice after passing the FMGE.
Practice Medicine in Vietnam
For Vietnam/Foreign doctors working in Vietnam on a Temporary/Permanent basis, the Vietnam Medical Council provides a good standing certificate. Any foreign doctor who engages in clinical, academic, or volunteer activities without first registering will face penalties under the NMC Act.
Post-Graduation in Vietnam
For the duration of their studies in Vietnam, candidates must be provincially registered with the Vietnam Medical Council (NMC). Should be registered with the Medical Council of the nation in question.
Post-Graduation in USA
It means that after completing your MBBS in Vietnam, you can pursue a PG degree (MD/MS) in the United States without having to pass the MCI exam. The PG degree earned in the United States is recognized in both India and the United States. The most significant advantage of completing MD/MS is that you would not be required to take the MCI screening test before or after MBBS in another country.
Scope after MBBS in Bangladesh:
- Here are some of the best medical schools that have been approved and listed by the MCI/WHO.
- The greatest MCI pass rate demonstrates that they provide pupils with a high-quality education.
- After earning an MBBS degree in Bangladesh, you have a lot of possibilities. If a student wishes to pursue a career as a doctor, he or she may do so after passing the FMGE in India.
- In India, students can pursue their postgraduate studies in any field they wish. Do PG from other nations, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Germany. In India, you can apply for government jobs.